2nd Subclass upgrades?

xTGMx INF3RNO

This might be a stupid question but I couldn't find an answer.

I've just hit level 15 and got bladedancer, Do I now need to level up again to upgrade the first skill of that specific subclass?

Also with such a small level cap how to we get enough upgrade points to max out the subclasses? Do light levels count

You will continue to earn XP towards the abilities/perks of your currently equipped subclass.

A good method for this is to use your favored subclass (gunslinger) to complete bounties from the board. Just prior to collecting the reward in the tower, swap in your new subclass (blade dancer) and any new gear you have and the fresh XP gain will apply to them.

In this way you can have double jump and grenade, maybe even super right out of the gate. :dance:

You will continue to earn XP towards the abilities/perks of your currently equipped subclass.

A good method for this is to use your favored subclass (gunslinger) to complete bounties from the board. Just prior to collecting the reward in the tower, swap in your new subclass (blade dancer) and any new gear you have and the fresh XP gain will apply to them.

In this way you can have double jump and grenade, maybe even super right out of the gate. :dance:

Good tip noticed this early when I was turning in stuff I would hear a ding of something levelling up so no I swap out maxed gear for stuff I need xp on.

It might be annoying, but the nice part about this is, when you start a level 1 character of the same class, you can start with the 2nd subclass if you wish. It will be unlocked :)

Why would anyone want 2 of the same class when you can change so freely? also it's just as fast to level it from 15 as it is from 1

When you reach level 15 you unlock the subclass of each of the classes (level 15 warlock unlocks bladedancer for hunter for example). Then you can start on a different subclass with your two other characters

So this means you can play as any character ex: Hunter or Titan at level 15? I don't really get what a subclass is. Just got the game today. x_x