Xbox double charged me.

seriosblack

About 6 months ago when I got my console I paid the £4.95 once a month to subscribe, but a month ago I paid £9.99 for a 3 month code.

It went through ok (even though they wouldnt let me use it with out updating my card info)

So Ive got another 2 month paid on, in my acount info it says I'm paying with the code but yet £4.95 has come out of my bank today.

So all I ask is am I able to get this payment back and how do I contact them?

If not how do I stop it happening again? It wont let me take my card numbers from the console and the bank say they can't stop it as its a card payment from me :eek: not a direct debt.

Thanks alot :)

You are supposed to be able to have the option not to automatically renew membership. About the double charge, I am a little confused, did you buy a 3 month card at a store or did you use your credit card to subscribe to LIVE over the internet? Personally, if you intend to continue to use LIVE indefinately, it is much cheaper to buy 12+1 month cards at stores. In fact, I just keep an eye on store ads and if there is ever a sale on the 12+1 month cards, I just go out and buy one. The cheapest I have seen is $40 +tax, sorry I don't do £-$ conversion but it is 20% off basically.

Contact customer service. Make sure you have all of your billing info ready.

Im starting to wish I did but I know what Xbox360's are like they break and its waste of money for year fee to break with in a month.

If this one (my 2nd) last till march Ill upgrade to the year fee

Any ideas on what to do now?

I don't see how a 360 is a waste, you get it fixed if it breaks...I still think you should get the yearly thing going.

I think that if you take care of it, and keep it cool and clean, it should last quite a while. Cool isn't that hard, I have a desk fan blowing directly at my 360 whenever I have it on, standing in the tower orientation. Cleaning is probably the hardest thing to do, you have to keep that brick where you can get to it and make sure dust isn't building up too much. Oh and don't use an intercooler if you haven't heard.

Keeping it cool and safe wont be easy for me with 2 todlers.

I bought the card from Ebay and it worked fine.

Ive just gone on microsoft billing and it says no payments from my card has been made for my account so maybe someone else is using it?

I doubt it though of all the things people would do with my card it wouldnt be a monthly subscription.

I havent made a payment for my old account in over a year so it cant be that.

Totally miffed

Keeping it cool and safe wont be easy for me with 2 todlers.

My dad told me that now that my brother are grown up, they (my parents) can get nice things lol. They bought a van with leather seats, a nice leather couch, a Sony Bravia TV, etc. Looks like you might have to wait 20 years to be able to relax.

I bought the card from Ebay and it worked fine.

Ive just gone on microsoft billing and it says no payments from my card has been made for my account so maybe someone else is using it?

I doubt it though of all the things people would do with my card it wouldnt be a monthly subscription.

I havent made a payment for my old account in over a year so it cant be that.

Totally miffed

So your bill says that you paid Microsoft £4.95? My bill tells me where my money is going. Maybe call your credit card company instead. Especailly since your Microsoft account has no payments made.