Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Maka

lol that ones gonna follow me everywhere. From now on whenever I make an official guide, Ill just have a poll on what the difficulty should be. That way something like this doesnt happen again. Either that or Ill let someone else do the roadmap. Either way it wont happen again lol and thank you brown

I think after Darksiders 2 Ill just be working on collectable guides and pseudo achievement guides. Much less stressful that way, and I still get to enjoy the game

good luck on your future guides! and in regards to the difficulty just rate it like you were an average gamer and remember, if you rate it too high (like a 7/10 for a 5/10) the gamers that complete it will only feel better about themselves... But if you rate it too low (like in this case, fubar being a 3/10) your gonna piss off the gamers that have completed games that are 3/10 (darkness 2, lego batman, fight night... other easy games) but are struggling with this game.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

All achievements can be unlocked offline. Better to show that and not online, otherwise someone is going to get the game thinking they can play via co-op and unlock achievements or even online multiplayer.

Great guide , Flipadelphia and Nozza. Thanks for your effort.

Chapter 11 now on hard and it helped a lot.

I just found one little mistake so far that needs correction.

For “friendly fire“ and “unfirendly fire“ you CAN reload the checkpoint it doesn't save right after your decision.

Edit: I never meant to quote, sorry. Weird things happen when you type on your phone. :)

ill say this again flip, for a completionist if one achievement is equivalent to a 6/10 then the whole game is a 6/10. Now if you're out there hunting 950/1000 we would all agree on the 3/10, but most people on this site go for the 1000gs available.

excluding you, because you have said that completion percentage does not matter.

This is perfectly said. That's how we rate games on the PS3 side. We don't rate on 49/50 achievements/trophies we have to rate on the full 51/51 (added platinum trophy). So games like this will be curved more towards a higher rating the lower. A lot of what I'm seeing here reminds me off Vanquish a while back. 99% of the game is easy ass hell but that one Tactical Challenger cheevo/trophy was one of the single hardest cheevos you can try for.

That game's difficulty rating started low but once more people tried to play it to completion it ended up being like a 9/10. And like this game people were pissed that it was ranked so easy early on. Ahh circle of life :)

why dont they just put a poll next to every achievement in each games list, rather than comments since99% of the comments are useless and normally just speculating what it could be, since the list comes out months before the actual game.

there can be a poll with 1-10, and you vote on how hard you thought it was, then everyone can see a general consensus rather than bicker over just 1 persons opinion on how 1 achievement is so hard compared to all the others.

you'll be able to click on each achievement and see the vote tally just like Polls in a thread and the overall difficulty score listed rather than the number of comments for all the achievements like (11) for Intel Operative it would show the average difficulty based on voting...if you wanna keep the comments thats fine but add the poll!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/spec-ops-the-line/achievements/

and somewhere on the achievement list page for every game you can have it show the average voted difficulty based on all achievements for 1 final difficulty score for the game overall

maybe also have an 11th/additional option in the poll for story based achievements that you unlock by merely playing the game and dont require a specific difficulty like "beat chapter 1" or you could just disable the voting for those type of achievements and label it as such, otherwise someone playing on the hardest difficulty just cause they want the 1 achievement for "beat the game on hard" is going to complain or vote based on how ridiculous beating that level is on Hard, yet thats not a fair rating on the actual achievement itself since you could beat it on Easy to unlock it

make it happen admins!:drunk

edit- and the current rating stars are really pointless cause theres nothing that actually describes what a 1star or 5 star rating merits, get rid of that and just make a 1-10 poll with a clear description that 1 is easiest/hardest and 10 is the opposite.

and make it so only members can vote, 1 vote per profile to avoid spam voting. maybe if its possible with how the coding that this site uses, allow the person to change their votes without it being counted as a new vote, for instances where they re-evaluate their scores based on playing other games and thinking its now easier/harder compared to other games they've played, they can go back if they want and re-vote previous games if they were too harsh or lenient the first time.

=====================

then the guide makers can focus on just doing what they do best and that's explaining how to unlock the achievements rather than defend their opinion on how hard it may or may not be and ppl wont have to fill up pages arguing over one of the least important aspect of the thread's purpose.

Edited by eiVaL

About to start this game tonite. Can somebody tell me if you can reload checkpoints for the achievements that you get for making a choice? Can you go back and get the other achievement without playing the entire chapter again? An example of the kind of achievements I'm talking about would be "Friendly Fire" & "Unfriendly Fire."

Thanks for the guide.

@Stook85

Ohm your post is pointless.Stook85

You havent even played the difficult fubar and you are going to tell us that this game is a 3/10?

Come on ...Just play fubar first then you will change your mind.

Its a 6 or 7/10 for sure.

Just to let everyone knows

Hey jamal, it´s okay...

i will give it a 4of10. but if i remember Black ops or modern warfare3 - i have much more trouble. so i think 4 is ok. But it´s only my opinion.

I've completed the guide now, any suggestions and corrections are always welcome.

If you've used the guide, and found it useful, please vote 5 stars. :)

About to start this game tonite. Can somebody tell me if you can reload checkpoints for the achievements that you get for making a choice? Can you go back and get the other achievement without playing the entire chapter again? An example of the kind of achievements I'm talking about would be "Friendly Fire" & "Unfriendly Fire."

Thanks for the guide.

Only some of the achievements. If you read each one individually, you will see which ones accept a reload, and which ones don't.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great guide and very well laid out but I am going to have to go ahead and say it. The achievement difficulty rating of 5/10 is just wrong and peopl e saying it is as low as 3/10 is a joke. This seems to have been extensively discussed already but I think it has to be said so you can see how many of us think that is just unreasonable.

Its obvious that the AD in itself is relative to a players skill so what I my rate one game a 5/10 another may rate it 3/10 and someone else a 7/10. Therefore a games AD should be based on an average players ability and I would even go as far to say kept on the generous side. I am not telling you how to write a guide but I just think that's what we should all be aiming to do as far too many guides on this site grossly underestimate AD ratings and people end up playing games based solely on that score. With all the people in the bitching thread stating that they gave up playing that has got to show you that this game cannot be a 5/10.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

• 3 months later...

I'm gonna try it on Suicide Mission, I went thru on normal first as I'd read the difficulty was quite brutal, but I got thru that with only a few minor quibbles. Plus I really enjoyed the game, moreso than any of the big releases from last year.

CoD WaW made me cry on Veteran, and been reading Spec Ops:The Line is worse, so don't think I'll be attempting FUBAR! I'm happy with my sucktitude! Lol

• 2 weeks later...