Medicore game, CRAP combat system.

SHawk996

You've been warned. 360a really let me down on this game. So many people said it was an awesome game. I was hoping for a fun, relatively easy 1k. Instead, I'm met by a total crap combat system. Sheer garbage. Ugh, holding in there till I get my laser pistols. :boom

Needlers are driving me insane. I swear, it's a 50/50 shot on if the combat system will actually work. I know exactly how to kill them, and it's really easy once you figure it out. But sometimes...you can't just hit them. My fireaxe just goes right "through" them. I give up, I let them kill me - and when I respawn, I do the exact same thing, and I don't freaking get hit once?!?!?! Literally...same...exact combat techniques.

I don't get it.

Hard part is over, completed the game on Normal. I will summarize information that should all be in one part.

If you are not a Silent Hill fan (I am not, and this is the first one of the series I've ever played), do two play troughs to minimize your hair pulling moments.

1. Complete game on Normal, get UFO ending. Collect all collectibles during this playthrough.

2. Completely blow through the game on Hard difficulty, gathering the circular saw and laser pistol in the process. You will not believe how incredibly fast you can blow through this game. You know how it works, you know where to go...holy crap, you'll fly! Laser pistol is just icing on the cake.

3. Use this guide. Absolutely fantastic walk-through. No offense to the person that wrote the achievement guide for collectibles, but it sucks. It's not clear with info at all. You'll be wondering... "Did I miss it? Did I miss that last collectible? Am I going to have to collect all this shit AGAIN!?!" Follow this guide, you'll gain every single collectible, have zero problems with the stupid puzzles, and know where to go. Amazing guide. Seriously.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/919/919931p1.html

4. Use this guide on this page to minimize the time of playthroughs you have to do to get all 5 endings.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/silent-hill-homecoming/guide/

There you have it, folks. Your guide to 1k this game. Zero reason to need to list achievements, since you'll get every single one if you follow these steps.

Questions that I had that were not very clear, so hopefully it'll clear it up for others. I'm sure I'll add in more later...

1. How do I ensure I get the laser pistol for my second play through? At the end of the game, save when it asks if you want to. Make sure you save. I actually saved twice on two separate slots, because I'm crazy like that. You do NOT need to load from that save or anything else. All you need to do from the main menu is go to New Game, then Hard difficulty. You'll be asked for what suit you want to wear. Since you got the UFO ending, you can sport the sheriff outfit. That's how you know you're good. Blow through the nightmare level, and when you first go in the house, go to your room. Flashlight/laser pistol will be next to your bed.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are not a Silent Hill fan (I am not, and this is the first one of the series I've ever played), do two play troughs to minimize your hair pulling moments.

I know this game is awful but don't let this make you not want to play Silent Hill, the first three games are so much better.

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, I really enjoyed playing this game. Of course, the combat system isn't perfect (far from it!) but you go through some chilling parts which make the game worth playing. :) Of course, I'm a Silent Hill fan so I can also appreciate the whole story behind the not-so-good gameplay... Not as much as the old ones though -_-''...

• 2 weeks later...

This game isn't that bad, you just suck at it if you think it is. Seriously, its cake. Quit being babies and play like a man. Played twice now and no problems. If you get angry and quit, its you, not the game. Learn to dodge. Learn how the enemies attack. Learn to dodge. Can't believe how bad people bitch about it, better than other silent hills cause you can at least aim. Sure the story blows and it isn't as scary, but combat is just fine. Its a survival horror game, you don't have to kill everything.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
KAL2 was bloody crap

9\10

someone got pay'd well to give it 9

Yeah it was terrible. Doesn't even get a 1 from me.

it was xbox magazine that gave it a 9.

some others gave 7 and 8s

check this link and click on reception to check out the scores

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_%26_Lynch_2:_Dog_Days

• 7 months later...