Achievement Guide

Vergil85

Here is a rather quick and easy guide to get NHL 07 achievements. 2-3 of them can be done in 1 game so I'll group some up for you.

Victory in Rookie Mode

Hat Trick in Rookie Mode

Passing Wizard

Start up a game on rookie mode with 2 players. Once you have control of the puck just pull P2s goaltender and designate 1 guy to get 3 assists and another to get a hat trick for 3 easy achievements.

Victory in Pro Mode

Dangerous on the PK

Power Play Mastery

Get a penalty and score while you have a player in the penalty box, or if you have trouble just pull the opposing teams goaltender while you are

shorthanded for an open net to score in. Next use P2s controller and slash some players on your team and soon you will get called for slashing. When your Powerplay unit is out for P1 pull P2s goalie and shoot it into the open net with P1. Do the whole process again to get it a 2nd time.

Victory in All Star Mode

Score a goal in All Star Mode

Powerplay Quarterback

Once again it's easy using a second controller and make P2 get a penalty and then pull P2s goaltender and use a defenseman to score on the Powerplay.

Victory in Superstar Mode

Score a goal in Superstar Mode

Hat Trick in Superstar Mode

Shutout in Superstar Mode

Score 3 goals with 1 player to get a hat trick the way you got most of the achievements so far, then leave the game on and go do something else until the period ends. Do the same for the remaining 2 and get 3 hard

achievements the easy way.

Player scores 5 goals

Pull the opposing goalie and and score with a player who already has 4 goals for a 5th one. There might be a problem that you can't get a hat trick and 5 goals in one game at the same time with the same player. So just get the 5 goals on another game on Pro or All-Star to avoid a problem.

Tournament Champion

Start an International Tournament (pick Canada) and make sure you play atleast 3 games. Make sure you win all 3 games on All-Star (give yourself a boost on the player advantage slider if you arn't too great on higher difficulty levels) and that you win the last match to win the Tournament.

Stanley Cup Champion

Just make the playoffs in dynasty mode and you must play atleast 10 games during the playoffs and make sure you win the cup at the end.

Regular Season MVP

It often goes to a guy who leads the team in points by a wide margin. Example: Player A gets 100 points and Player B gets 60-70 points. The only way I got it was using Washington and Ovechkin had 108 points while my 2nd leading point getter was in the mid 60s. It can be done with having a stacked team so it can be done either way.

Playoff MVP

It will almost always goes to whomever had the most points during the playoffs or in some cases the goaltender because he had a very low Goals against average, high Save Pecentage and multiple shutouts.

Win the President's Trophy

Come in 1st place in the NHL during the season in dynasty mode.

Shootout Winner

When you first startup NHL 07 this is the first thing you get if you win the shootout. If you didn't you can also do the Shootout Perfection achievement at the same time.

Shootout Perfection

Start a shootout with a second controller and set his goalie to manual, when your turn is up just shoot to an area that is open and you should get this on your 1st try unless P2s goalie makes a save or deflects it.

Finish a season in Dynasty Modeâ„¢

Very straightforward, just finish a season with any team.

Complete Dynasty Modeâ„¢

Easy, you just sim all seasons and 50 points is your reward.

Earn 100 pts in a season

Pick a good team at the start of dynasty mode and you should get this achievement in your first season or in a season or two. If you didn't get restart the season until you finally get it

10 game winning streak

Win a game by playing or simming and save, if you lose just exit dynasty mode without saving and reload your file and try again until your team wins 10 in a row.

Complete a ranked online game

Just as the title says, go online and play a ranked online game and finish it.

You could add some pictures to it... Just a thought...

I just tried to edit it to include some extra things and after I pressed save on the edit page that thing that spins around near the bottom just keeps spinning and doesn't bring me to the next page to show the changes, must be something wrong with my browser :confused:

• 4 months later...

"Tournament Champion

Start an International Tournament (pick Canada) and make sure you play atleast 3 games. Make sure you win all 3 games on All-Star (give yourself a boost on the player advantage slider if you ain't too great on higher difficulty levels) and that you win the last match to win the Tournament."

I did this twice but the achievement didn't unlock. Is there something I missed?

Nevermind: I finally got it to unlock.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
"Tournament Champion

Start an International Tournament (pick Canada) and make sure you play atleast 3 games. Make sure you win all 3 games on All-Star (give yourself a boost on the player advantage slider if you ain't too great on higher difficulty levels) and that you win the last match to win the Tournament."

Another way this can be done easily - make an 8 team tournament and aside from your team, make sure to replace others with teams with lower ratings like, f.e. Great Britain, Japan, Poland (all three - 69), etc. This will allow to win every game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's pretty funny, and convenient, how for all the difficult ones, like win a game on rookie, pro, etc... how it says "vs. CPU" but you can still use a 2nd controller to play as the other team, very nice. And I don't see how so many people are having trouble getting the Powerplay Quarterback, just checking your lineups, pass to a dude who says D next to him, pretty simple I think.

• 2 months later...

Need some help from the experts. I have all achievements except Dynasty Mode! I'm not sure how others got this achievements but have played it three times through, all three times with Calgary. I would simulate the entire season, through the playoffs and then save after I signed all contacts, I'm I missing something. I even tried playing with a created played on all 10 levels? Please help. Thank you.

I wonder why the powerplay and short handled goals achievements are glitched for me. I did it against the computer and against an unused controller. Nothing.

Oh well. 775 will have to do.

this game is very glitchy . reminds me of ncaa football 07 when you can only get 1-2 achievements a game....... so for the scoring achievements go for 2 max then it should pop...