Another 1500 GS

GamingEconomist

I feel pretty confident in saying that releasing this patch...even if it's passed certification,...isn't a high priority because if you look at the numbers...L4D isn't a very high ranking played game in the LIVE top 10-20. Now if this were an exploit/issue with any CoD game...then it would be RUSHED. That is just the nature of anything, really.

Let's get the solution that will assist the MOST paying customers out the door ASAP! I don't necessarily blame Micorsoft...I blame Valve...because this is just another shoddy piece of content with bugs, glitches, and problems. They have generally good name in the PC realm...but for me...their credibilty is falling at an extremely rapid pace.

After reading the most recent news concerning Dark Void it seems Microsoft is suspect to the issues involving DLC achievements. Even EA's story about their beloved Army of Two: 40th Day is becoming a little more plausible. More and more achievement issues are pointing toward Microsoft lately.

Let's make a list shall we? (Anyone is welcome to add to it).

- Left 4 Dead 1

- Dark Void

- Army of Two: 40th Day

- Marvel Super Hero Squad (fixed now but was an issue most definitely with XBOX.com)

Another possiblity could be Hellboy because the DLC was never released. It's also the developers fault, too, because the full 1000 isn't attainable from the box. They claim the DLC is finished; and I believe this because there are achievements for it. But somewhere between Krome Studios and Microsoft it got lost. Some say it's because Microsoft demands a charge for DLC but Konami wanted to release it for free. Here we find a unique circumstance because the DLC would only be for the initial 1000gs. However, Microsoft still views it as downloadable content, therefore insisting a price tag.

It appears the common factor here is DLC.

What do you guys think about all this?

I agree with you Tonic, Microsoft are definitely dropping the ball on DLC achievements, possibly because they have been so busy with Kinect lately. The ghostbusters patch took about 4 months for Microsoft to implement, so I still have my fingers crossed that the Left 4 Dead patch is with Microsoft. But really I don't believe it is, or that a patch exists despite what Chet says, hope I'm wrong.

Regarding Hellboy, from what I have read the fault lies with Konami, as charging for this DLC would be against Microsoft's rule which states the full 1000 must be obtainable out of the box and Konami want to charge for it and Microsoft won't allow it. I doubt these achievements will ever be fixed which is annoying as I played it not knowing some of the achievements were not available.:(

I agree with you Tonic, Microsoft are definitely dropping the ball on DLC achievements, possibly because they have been so busy with Kinect lately. The ghostbusters patch took about 4 months for Microsoft to implement, so I still have my fingers crossed that the Left 4 Dead patch is with Microsoft. But really I don't believe it is, or that a patch exists despite what Chet says, hope I'm wrong.

Regarding Hellboy, from what I have read the fault lies with Konami, as charging for this DLC would be against Microsoft's rule which states the full 1000 must be obtainable out of the box and Konami want to charge for it and Microsoft won't allow it. I doubt these achievements will ever be fixed which is annoying as I played it not knowing some of the achievements were not available.:(

Wasn't Fable II victim to this as well? One of the achievements required you to collect stuff, and one of the items could only be unlocked through the Pub Games arcade game? So didn't Lionhead release a code for their DLC to get it for free.

If you ask me they should do that for the Hellboy game... just release the DLC with a price on it, and then anyone who can verify that they have a copy of the game should get it for free...

This is only an idea though ;)

(Also, wasn't AoT: 40th Day already sorted out? I thought I read that somewhere.)

Again i wouldn't be holding your breaths :p since they have yet to allow you to legit earn the crash course achievements.

Why post the topic of some hacker earning 1500g on this game, who the hell cares? they cheat, they get banned. Anyone who cheats is nearly always obvious, even with timestamps the times are usually laughable, like the people who get the 8/8 achievement on halo3 on the 21st :p

Oh and i found that CrippledDaisy got every Forza3 achievement in 1 day incredibly amusing :p. and 1000g on hellboy :/

Edited by verybadloser

Again i wouldn't be holding your breaths :p since they have yet to allow you to legit earn the crash course achievements.

Why post the topic of some hacker earning 1500g on this game, who the hell cares? they cheat, they get banned. Anyone who cheats is nearly always obvious, even with timestamps the times are usually laughable, like the people who get the 8/8 achievement on halo3 on the 21st :p

Oh and i found that CrippledDaisy got every Forza3 achievement in 1 day incredibly amusing :p. and 1000g on hellboy :/

Even more 'impressive'. All Ace Combat 6 acheevos in a single day....

@ verybadloser

At least the Crash Course achievements are still attainable. You just have to keep hitting A during the lobby, which is stupid... but I would rather have that instead of waiting for a patch to fix it that is taking forever to come out.

--- On another note:

Not to get too far off topic, CrippledDaisy has also gotten all 1000 in L4D2... which is supposed to take something like 6 or 7 weeks. She was amazingly able to do it all in one day, along with Forza 3 (each game takes about a month to complete) plus at LEAST another 10 games if not more (never bothered checking them all)

How did she do it? :p

---

Also, I thought M$ was supposed to reset blatant cheaters :confused:

It is pretty obvious that this person hacked most of that 431k... back in July, and still no reset?

It is obvious that Microsoft is slacking with their patch process, their resetting of blatant cheaters, and god knows what else.

1250 on l4d2 would take atleast 5 weeks for the mutations chievo, but the actual box 1000, you COULD do in one day.

Forza 3 took me about 140hours, which was going quite fast, menu times alone was 25+ hours(it's sloooooooooow). but that is still under a week if you played constantly, but one day is laughable and not possible.

Wasn't Fable II victim to this as well? One of the achievements required you to collect stuff, and one of the items could only be unlocked through the Pub Games arcade game? So didn't Lionhead release a code for their DLC to get it for free.

If you ask me they should do that for the Hellboy game... just release the DLC with a price on it, and then anyone who can verify that they have a copy of the game should get it for free...

This is only an idea though ;)

(Also, wasn't AoT: 40th Day already sorted out? I thought I read that somewhere.)

some how i have expression you need in fable 2 that your suppose to get in the pub game but ive never played the pub game ssooo they must have fixed it

@ Jhow - I think they implemented something where you don't have to play the pub games, afterward. I think that is what they did initially. At least, that is what I was told from other people on my friends list. So I apologize if I was wrong.

@ verybadloser - I just noticed that the mutations were for the "Passing" DLC. I apologize, as I have just started working on this game, and didn't do my homework before making that post.

One thing I am happy about though, is that they have finally patched this achievement and made it attainable.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n2775/left-4-deads-sacrifizzle-is-now-obtainable.htm