African Animals (spoilers & pointless post)

Low Beau

Just a quick thing to think about.

Wouldn't facing hyenas, chimps (don't think chimps can kill people, you must not watch the news) or lion cubs instead of random dogs make sense and be more fun?

Also, and maybe I haven't played the game far enough so my knowledge is limited, wouldn't big, mean, King Lions be easier to understand than the Biker Plagas? How did these Plagas learn how to control and not only operate their bikes but pop wheelies and swing chains ala Road Rash? Is one person in charge of these Plagas' minds? If so there is some serious Civ 4 style micromanagement going on.

One more thing, I would rather square off against an infected Bull Elephant than the same old Giant rehash from RE4. Never finished RE4 but I'll never understand how that Giant came to be anyways.

Yeah like I said, a post worthy of a :locked Pants Party do your thing if you must...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N432R2enHE]YouTube - REO2 - Wild Things - Life and Death (Elephant)[/ame]

Elephants like this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvf33JRhLCs&feature=related]YouTube - REO2 - Wild Things - Life and Death (Lion)[/ame]

Fast Cheetahs instead of bikers or large lions like that?

One can only dream, right?

Well I'll be damned! I didn't realize those animals were in the game at all. Rather, I would replace the mentioned enemies with those instead. Biker Plagas & Giant dude don't make sense to me. Dogs in the beginning are just been there done that imo.

http://residentevil.neoseeker.com/wiki/Wild_Things

Your post really disappoints me for the simple fact that this is the first time I've really thought about this topic. There in Africa, but we're fighting spanish bosses and mexicans or white people with red hair. There was only a few places I actually felt I was in Africa. To be honest, the parts where your in the underground tribal areas actually resembled Inca, Mayan, and Aztec culture more than African. With the whitish skin and relatively dark tanned of the above groups, even the people didn't make the realm seem "african".

Thanks Capcom.

Your post really disappoints me

Oh... sorry dude, maybe I shouldn't have posted this. I'm HUGE into Civilizations and the land that the Civilization call home (probably because of an extreme love for Civ 4 more or less). I would've loved this game had it captured true African feel, but now, as you've stated as well, I see I am not alone.

I meant for this post to be comedy not tragedy, once again sorry bro.

edit: Also, Africa does have tribes though, and maybe Capcom just didn't really care about the research they should have endured and went purely Hollywood. Not that Hollywood is bad though. Netflix FTW!

Edited by Low Beau

edit: Also, Africa does have tribes though, and maybe Capcom just didn't really care about the research they should have endured and went purely Hollywood. Not that Hollywood is bad though. Netflix FTW!

I'm assuming Capcom didn't add that kind of stuff because they'd offend black people. Not the black people who play games, they were worried about the black people who actively go out of their way to be offended by things.

How did these Plagas learn how to control and not only operate their bikes but pop wheelies and swing chains ala Road Rash? Is one person in charge of these Plagas' minds?

If you read the files, it tells you how/why the infected are able to ride motorcycles and such. Basically, the host being controlled by Las Plagas lost all control of their bodies but were able to retain their intelligence (which is why they are able to communicate). Those plagas were being controlled by the control plagas (I believe the giant fish thing was a type control plagas but I just can't remember right now). In RE5, the Las Plagas and control plagas were modified into one plagas, doing so made them susceptible to being controlled (in this case Wesker) while still retaining their intelligence.

I'm not going to get to into it because it's beed a while since I read the files and I don't want to start giving wrong information because I can't remember much of the plagas history, but I highly suggest you read the files becauseyou will learn a lot about the history of the plagas along with the history of the main characters and the BSAA.

http://residentevil.neoseeker.com/wiki/Wild_Things

Your post really disappoints me for the simple fact that this is the first time I've really thought about this topic. There in Africa, but we're fighting spanish bosses and mexicans or white people with red hair. There was only a few places I actually felt I was in Africa. To be honest, the parts where your in the underground tribal areas actually resembled Inca, Mayan, and Aztec culture more than African. With the whitish skin and relatively dark tanned of the above groups, even the people didn't make the realm seem "african".

Thanks Capcom.

Actually, most of Africa is racially diverse. Having been to southern Africa before, I can tell you that you will see a lot of Indonesians, Spanish, Koreans, Arabic, as well as Africans in one place (or at least that's how it was when I was there about 6 years ago).

Edited by Corallion

Wouldn't facing hyenas, chimps (don't think chimps can kill people, you must not watch the news) or lion cubs instead of random dogs make sense and be more fun?

Also, and maybe I haven't played the game far enough so my knowledge is limited, wouldn't big, mean, King Lions be easier to understand than the Biker Plagas?

After re-reading the some of the files, I think I can understand why the animals weren't included. In order to become infected with the new strain of Las Plagas, the parasite has to be taken orally, and is usually always forced into the mouth and down the throat (example would be in chapter 1-1). I highly doubt that a person (even a group) would even waste their time to seek out a lion and, if they found one, could take on a lion and shove the parasite down its throat. I mean it is possible, but I highly doubt they would do that.

If you read the files, it tells you how/why the infected are able to ride motorcycles and such. Basically, the host being controlled by Las Plagas lost all control of their bodies but were able to retain their intelligence (which is why they are able to communicate). Those plagas were being controlled by the control plagas (I believe the giant fish thing was a type control plagas but I just can't remember right now). In RE5, the Las Plagas and control plagas were modified into one plagas, doing so made them susceptible to being controlled (in this case Wesker) while still retaining their intelligence.

I'm not going to get to into it because it's beed a while since I read the files and I don't want to start giving wrong information because I can't remember much of the plagas history, but I highly suggest you read the files becauseyou will learn a lot about the history of the plagas along with the history of the main characters and the BSAA.

Actually, most of Africa is racially diverse. Having been to southern Africa before, I can tell you that you will see a lot of Indonesians, Spanish, Koreans, Arabic, as well as Africans in one place (or at least that's how it was when I was there about 6 years ago).

We saw red headed irish men straight from Ireland in Shanty towns and Mexicans straight from the border in those same towns. The ratio of William Wallace red heads to whitish/seemingly dark tanned "Africans" was fairly even. I felt like I was running down some back alley in Harlem more than I did Africa. Culturally diverse it may be, I'll give you that. But I didn't see a Korean, an Arabic (unless you count the one that got his head cleaned off), or a Indonesian (unless of course they were those really tan yet milky tribal people).

Fact is, someone was scared Al Sharpton would have another rally and kill someone like last time. Thousands of games involve predomiently white pry and hell, I've never been the last bit offended. 50 cent's game (if you can even call it that) has black people killing muslims. When did you hear an out cry from the Muslim community? This might not be the right place to say this, and I'm far from racist, but of all the races in the mainstream world, no one cries as much and gets all upset and teary eyed than the black community.

"OMG YOU SAID A BLACK QUARTERBACK IS HORRIBLE! Fire that racist!"