Any advice on Jilh Nabaat?

Panznerr

Cause she is just slapping me around with my characters maxed out. I must not be fighting her right or something. Right now my Paradigm deck is comprised of Lightning, Twilight Odin, and Sazh. Working on the Siphon Omega Build for my Omega atm also. I was able to beat her once finally but it took 11 mins to do it and only netted me 2 stars.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I had the same problem too, but then I found out to .... 1.) dispel her buffs. 2.) stagger her ASAP. Then everything's easy when she's in the air. remember to buff urself in the beginning as always...

I beat her in 5 min... I am not sure if I can improve, but I totally hate her fight

It seems the best bet would be to start off with granting your team buffs (primarily Bravery), and then shift to a Cerberus-X Paradigm, with Serah focused primarily on taking out the Behemoth(s), and letting Noel and your Commando Monster blitz and Ruin/ga Jihl and the other monsters. This allows you to keep Jihl's Stagger "slowed" so you're not back to square one every time she summons/absorbs her monsters. When she does her "Sadistic Sneer" jump to a Tortoise-W Paradigm to prevent her from instantly killing the focus of her rage, and then jump to a Recuperation-X (Med/Syn/Syn) Paradigm to heal your team mate, and reapply Bravery.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Depending on your party's current Role levels, and equipment, you should be able to do this is four to six minutes. The key here is to make sure you take out those Behemoths fast (you do NOT want Sunder to hit you followed up by Jihl's nasty attacks), and then the PSI-COM Wardens... if you kill all her monsters off before she can absorb them, you'll see her dealt out over a hundred thousand damage... meaning you're not going to need to build that Stagger up to max to harm her, because she'll do it FOR you.

One thing that you can also do to speed this up... either use your best Saboteur to use Dispell on her to remove her buffs... or use Unicorn Horn to remove all of her buffs. The downside to this, is it removes ~your~ buffs as well... so if you do this, make sure you have a Rav/Rav/Syn or Rav/Syn/Syn Paradigm to regain your Bravery.

Got her first try yesterday! :)

She's absolutely great! Maybe the best Sab in the game?

The fight seemed hard at first (How am I supposed to beat her in an infinite cycle of her summoning monsters for her to absorb and attacking me?) before I realized she gets hurt when I kill her peons... this means you basically just kill what she summoned as fast as possible, then switch to whatever you have including sentinels to protect against her attack and you're fine.

The monsters she summons also aren't that much of a thread with a high level party.

Wow... under a minute!? I'm really slacking then... I was doing seven and a half minute battles, and finally got her to drop her crystal. I might still battle her to get her glasses, though... I like to get all the rare drops I can find.

Silly question time! How the HECK did Elcryn (from the video) get a Mog adornment?! I so want one to have sitting on Lightning's shoulder.

I love Jilh Nabaat. Finally a hot chick in this game. Too bad she's a SAB, because SABs are absolutely useless in this installment of the game. They're not useful in any big fight, only Serah and Noel acting as SABs. I guess you could use Necrosis, or Jilh, against Yomi, but if you're already done with that, then you will never play with her... I wish Sazh was the SAB and Jilh the TAC.

I love Jilh Nabaat. Finally a hot chick in this game. Too bad she's a SAB, because SABs are absolutely useless in this installment of the game. They're not useful in any big fight, only Serah and Noel acting as SABs. I guess you could use Necrosis, or Jilh, against Yomi, but if you're already done with that, then you will never play with her... I wish Sazh was the SAB and Jilh the TAC.
Given that, if you want Durable Herme's Sandals, and the two +1 ATB weapons, you need SIX Trapz... and it takes forever to get Yomi to drop even ONE... yeah... Jihl has at least one place she'll be useful for hours.

Given that, if you want Durable Herme's Sandals, and the two +1 ATB weapons, you need SIX Trapz... and it takes forever to get Yomi to drop even ONE... yeah... Jihl has at least one place she'll be useful for hours.

I feel you buddy, but most of us had already done that, I mean most completionists have finished the game 100% already, and for the first time, I see no use in having those auto-haste items. I prefer 4 Force+8% items for Noel so he gets vampiric attacks, and 4 HP+8% on Serah so she gets 10% more attack over 70% HP. I think it's the best endgame set-up but it's just my opinion.

And using a SAB against Yomi is not THE best way to go. It is A way to go, but not THE best. Serah and Noel are enough for this role, you're better putting a RAV/COM, a MED and a SEN and you can beat him in 4 minutes on Normal. There's a thread about that but I think I saw you there :)

EDIT: and I even think the ATB+1 weapons are not that good, I use In Paradisum and Ex Chronica (in french) because they're the best looking, or the ones with the fragment augmentation for max damage. I think grinding for those ATB+1 weapons and ending up discovering that is was AGAIN Noel's same weapon with a different color of gay wallpaper on it was infuriating.

Edited by Asturgis

I feel you buddy, but most of us had already done that, I mean most completionists have finished the game 100% already, and for the first time, I see no use in having those auto-haste items. I prefer 4 Force+8% items for Noel so he gets vampiric attacks, and 4 HP+8% on Serah so she gets 10% more attack over 70% HP. I think it's the best endgame set-up but it's just my opinion.

And using a SAB against Yomi is not THE best way to go. It is A way to go, but not THE best. Serah and Noel are enough for this role, you're better putting a RAV/COM, a MED and a SEN and you can beat him in 4 minutes on Normal. There's a thread about that but I think I saw you there :)

EDIT: and I even think the ATB+1 weapons are not that good, I use In Paradisum and Ex Chronica (in french) because they're the best looking, or the ones with the fragment augmentation for max damage. I think grinding for those ATB+1 weapons and ending up discovering that is was AGAIN Noel's same weapon with a different color of gay wallpaper on it was infuriating.

Yeah... I guess I joined the FFXIII-2 party a liiiiiittle later than most. Honestly, I only played this, and FFXIII because of the demo for XIII-2 that was on the LIVE Marketplace, and thought "Where has this game been all my life?!"... so that'd be why I'm asking questions that are a couple of months old, and already solved a million times over.

I know that the Auto-Haste is wasted in this game... especially when you can just get Auto-Haste off of a Preemptive Strike... but I'm an OCD completest, and so I'm even doing stupid things like making "Delicate Rune Rings", just so I can see a "02" next to every accessory and a "01" next to every weapon in Chocolina's shop. I am even doing all of the Chocobo Races, to finish all the titles, and get the lame weapons you can earn there (I already got "The Tower" for Noel, just need to find the race that drops Serah's).

As for Yomi... I didn't really see another option for taking him apart, other than poisoning him, and waiting it out. Though... now that I have a full-powered Chichu (thanks to all the help here, and the guide Split Infinity did), and the Paradox weapons... maybe I'm ready to see how it goes with a rampage Paradigm Deck.

Oh... and I already found out that the +1 ATB weapons are garbage... but, again... OCD completest, so I want both of them.

I'm like you, I need everything in a RPG. For Yomi, you must use Poison, but you don't have to wait, you can switch to a COM COM RAV with Lightning for example to accelerate things :) Look at the "Killing Yomi fast" thread, but there may be 2, one good and one less useful. And add me if you want, we might play something together someday or compare notes on some good RPGs :)

I'm like you, I need everything in a RPG. For Yomi, you must use Poison, but you don't have to wait, you can switch to a COM COM RAV with Lightning for example to accelerate things :) Look at the "Killing Yomi fast" thread, but there may be 2, one good and one less useful. And add me if you want, we might play something together someday or compare notes on some good RPGs :)
At least I'm not the only "OCD Completest" on these forums then... I would have gotten "Treasure Hunter" in FFXIII, even if there wasn't an achievement linked to it... though, the extra Gamerscore did make it that much nicer.

And you know... that's a good idea... after I stick Poison, I could get some buttkicking in to speed it up... I did that sometimes with Vercingetorix, so I'm surprised I've not tried it here. Do you think (my fully powered and infused) Chichu as a Commando, along with Noel, and then having Serah as my Ravager would be a better idea? I do have Lightning, but haven't infused her yet... so she's still at her post-Potent stats, but doesn't have any post-infusion benefits.

And sure, I can add you if you like. I noticed that you've got SSFIITHD, and I could "hook you up" with the missing Ranked achievements you need for SFIIHF if you like. I'm still doing a lot of clean-up missions in FFXIII-2 right now, so it'd be a bit longer before I want to dust of the old Street Fighter games, but I'm down for that. Though, it's a pain trying to get the Ranked lobby started up and join-in before some crazy kid jumps in thinking it's a non-boosting battle. >_<

I'd also gladly trade you that "Six degrees of Small Arms" for the achievements you might be missing there, too.

In terms of "non-boosting" games, though... we only seem to have RE5 in common (I'm kind of horrible there, but I have Infinite Ammo to make up for it). Still, I'll fling you a Friend invite on my main account.

A lot of people use Chichu exactly as you said, but they go COM COM COM, they don't even bother with Serah being a RAV for this. I used Odin because he's crazy infused and my best COM.
I might have to try that, then... since I get an even larger boost from Role Resonance, on top of all the nice Commando bonuses.

I tried the "After he's poisoned, start to kick his butt!" option... when he wasn't using his stupid aura, I was able to get my time down to a little over five minutes... which is two minutes faster than my usual seven minute runs... so I think this'll be a better method to go with. Though, the second time I tried it, he used that stupid aura move so many times, it took the full seven minutes.

I wonder... WHAT was Square-Enix thinking when they decided to have Trapz drop from only Yomi? Was it to punish the player, or are they just naturally sadistic jerks?

Do you think (my fully powered and infused) Chichu as a Commando, along with Noel, and then having Serah as my Ravager would be a better idea? I do have Lightning, but haven't infused her yet... so she's still at her post-Potent stats, but doesn't have any post-infusion benefits.

Use Cactuar instead on Chichu vs Yomi. Chichu has to use ruin to damage Yomi which is less then ideal. Cactuar on the other hand can physically attack, has bravery feeder to steal it when Yomi cast's it on it's self and has deprotect chaser which you can take advantage of by debuffing Yomi

Edited by widget624