what annoys you the most when online

spooke

I understand this is an achievement site, but leaderboards are there for a reason ;)

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. And no, I wouldn't waste my time trying to block people if I was #1 in something. I see absolutely no reason or purpose to do such a thing, especially if I've already completed the game. Might as well give someone else a shot after I've finished with it.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when I play online in some games and people are spamming loud noises and music on their mic all the time. I don't see what they are accomplishing by doing that.

Ugh, this happened to me a little while ago. Went to join a lobby in GTA5, and the second it connected I hear somebody has Miley Cyrus BLASTING through their headset. And to make things worse I was still in the loading screen, couldn't see who it was to mute them or anything. I also didn't have my headset plugged in, so it played out of my TV which was turned up. I panicked and muted my TV, I just had to makes it stop asap :p.

1. I also hate when people sing/burp/any rude obnoxious noises. Something I've noticed is people like to "practice" their guitar during any downtime.

2. When I'm going for an achievement, and I know I'm close...then I hear the "ding" and see the popup, only to see it's a friend logging on. Getting my hopes up and all, only to have them shattered!

3. Party invites from randoms. I don't know you, I JUST joined the game and I don't want to talk to you in a party.

4. All the assholes that like to ruin games for others. That includes griefers, modders, people who take trash talking way too far, and well....just all the assholes.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Fishman

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. And no, I wouldn't waste my time trying to block people if I was #1 in something. I see absolutely no reason or purpose to do such a thing, especially if I've already completed the game. Might as well give someone else a shot after I've finished with it.

Hey, no problems. It's nice when two people meet with different opinions on a subject and don't feel the need to go nuts at each other. Have a smiley face and enjoy your gaming :)

look at the online achievements for a kingdom of kelfings. 1 achievement says you need to have 10 different banners and to get this achievement people need to build the banners, the thing that pissed me off on this was when people would join my world people would walk around and destroy building and other banners needed for different achievements.

my cousin used to have his minecraft world open and setup to where you could get most achievements with not much effort, but thanks to certin types of people who would join his world and destory what every they can, he has been forced to play privately and by invite only

most people do not have this destructive personality. but to those out there to do you ruin the online fun because you are most likely jealous of some sort stop destroying other peoples worlds who have spent a lot of time and effort into the worlds - learn to have RESPECT

Someone mentioned modders hackers. Number 1 reason I quit cod online. World at war was awesome back in the day. Now when you join expect to be flying I kidd you not. That's why I hate activision even more then ea. Atleast close the servers like ea on an old game if your not gonna fix its problems dont make a hackers paradise activision you dumb morons

Edited by Deadsea 1993

I don't know about you guys and gals but i get annoyed when you play horror games and action games. I ticks me off when a tense part of the story line begins and a massive jump scare will occur. I normally get scared by the notifications instead of the part i am meant to get scared by!

Lag. Shitty as supposed dedicated servers that are constant with rubberband lag. Absolutely annoying.

Shit talking kids calling me a kd constantly and yelling into there mics.

Music and terrible vocals in shitty mics as has been stated by a few posters already.

Gears of war 1 players. I played thousand plaus hours in this mp and have never heard so me sore loosers in my entire gaming life! Fucking crying over everything. On top of that all the shit talking. But that I didnt mind because it was kind of fun provoking it ;)

it does have an advantage being a female you can get online achievements a little easier.. we do intimidate some male gamers and i do believe we get more then are fair share of harassment.

I have also noticed this about the boosting achievement part, but I usually just come here or to TA and meet some cool individuals in the process :D

Online achievements. Stupid concept. First, some people have no interest in playing the multiplayer. Second, people that hunt for acheivements online generally aren't focusing on the match itself. Certain tasks like getting 5 splatters with a vehicle means you're going to be hiding in ambush for targets rather than helping your team capture the object. It's only made worse when they get the achievement and just quit out of the game, leaving your team short.

Achievements should be left to Campaign and co-op content.

Online achievements. Stupid concept. First, some people have no interest in playing the multiplayer. Second, people that hunt for acheivements online generally aren't focusing on the match itself. Certain tasks like getting 5 splatters with a vehicle means you're going to be hiding in ambush for targets rather than helping your team capture the object. It's only made worse when they get the achievement and just quit out of the game, leaving your team short.

I like multiplayer achievements, but as usual you make a good point.

Harassment. It's really fun to be a female who plays games sometimes. :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that most if not all wouldn't have the stones to say Boo if you where standing in front of them, but everyone is billybadass online.

]it does have an advantage being a female you can get online achievements a little easier..[/b] we do intimidate some male gamers and i do believe we get more then are fair share of harassment.

Lol, You guys (gals) get me every time. I'm such a sucker for the female voice hahahaa

I guess it would have to be people who sit idle in team based games. I would say the loud/breathing/music in the mic is, but I just mute them.

What annoys me the most are liars who try to tell "wild" stories that are clearly not true or try to 1-up everyone in the party/chat for attention. It drives me absolutely insane, but if there are a bunch of other people chatting (who apparently are just eating up the bullshit), I feel bad calling out the person and saying "You are full of shit. Why is anyone believing you?"

I don't get why you would brag or go on and on about made up stuff.

this forum and the male gamers are nice, the male gamers here see us as fellow gamers who just want to have fun. You don't imagine us sitting at home on Facebook playing Farmville. There are those online that think just because they are males the gaming world belongs to them they trash talk us try to downgrade us. In the end all that matters is the fun and enjoyment from the game.

this forum and the male gamers are nice, the male gamers here see us as fellow gamers who just want to have fun. You don't imagine us sitting at home on Facebook playing Farmville. There are those online that think just because they are males the gaming world belongs to them they trash talk us try to downgrade us. In the end all that matters is the fun and enjoyment from the game.

Hahaha that reminds me, I got told to go play with barbies once. I'm like really dude, I'm 22 and I never played with them even as a kid :p

Absolutely! I remember how in Battlefail 3 it even encouraged team killing when someone needed a certain vehicle to perform a specific action in order to get an achievement. Not only are they not helping the team, but are being a severe detriment altogether. This goes for challenges as well. So many times I've seen people sitting idle in matches in Halo 4 just to build up numbers for 'winning' x number of matches. Of course, we have difficulty winning because we'd have at most (so far) 3 players doing sod all, and on top of that, they become easy pickings.

Multiplayer challenges and achievements really are a bane to online gaming. I'm not saying they should be removed completely, though it would be preferable, but if they're in a game, they ought to be thought out a LOT better.