Game's great BUT...

A Silent Circus

Why are there no stats for guns and very little stats for the armor? kinda lame. And i also could not import my ME1 character and didnt feel like going back to finish my 3rd playthru i was in the middle of so i just decided to make a brand new character to test it out abit. Love the game but hate how slow u level up and what the leveling up of skills/abilities turned into, there r like barely any abilities it seems like and only 4 notches to go into them each.

Why are there no stats for guns and very little stats for the armor? kinda lame. And i also could not import my ME1 character and didnt feel like going back to finish my 3rd playthru i was in the middle of so i just decided to make a brand new character to test it out abit. Love the game but hate how slow u level up and what the leveling up of skills/abilities turned into, there r like barely any abilities it seems like and only 4 notches to go into them each.

After reading through this mess of writing a few times, I believe I understand what you are trying to say, in the future if you have a point to make, you will sound more intelligent if you use tools like "spelling" and "grammar".

Anyways, ME2 is not ME1, you should have understood this before buying it, they modified the core game play quite a lot, to suit a wider audience. The menus before, which dealt with armor and weapons stats were bloated, and time consuming to navigate, you have a lot less to micromanage in this second iteration. You no longer have to deal with crap like omni-gel, or salvaging items, or a max inventory, huge improvements. What else do you want?

Its out in America

from what ive seen in vids so far i agree, they took out so much shit it almost looks like a completely different game

I have the game, and am about 10 hours in at the moment.

The things that were overhauled or taken out, weren't wanted [at least, by me] so GOOD riddance!

I have the game, and am about 10 hours in at the moment.

The things that were overhauled or taken out, weren't wanted [at least, by me] so GOOD riddance!

I agree, I hated having to convert things to omni gel, and in ME1 we kept getting the same upgrade or weapon like twenty times each. It's great that they made the interface "cleaner"

About the powers: Not sure if this is true or not. But I hear that once you upgrade a power to it's max (level 4) you can choose from two different new powers it upgrades to and you start from 1 on that new, better power, but I'm not sure if this is true becuase I haven't gotten there yet.

About the powers: Not sure if this is true or not. But I hear that once you upgrade a power to it's max (level 4) you can choose from two different new powers it upgrades to and you start from 1 on that new, better power, but I'm not sure if this is true becuase I haven't gotten there yet.

only about 1/4th true, at level 4, you get to choose a pathway for that skill, either choice A or B, but you don't gain a new skill to level.

After reading through this mess of writing a few times, I believe I understand what you are trying to say, in the future if you have a point to make, you will sound more intelligent if you use tools like "spelling" and "grammar".

Anyways, ME2 is not ME1, you should have understood this before buying it, they modified the core game play quite a lot, to suit a wider audience. The menus before, which dealt with armor and weapons stats were bloated, and time consuming to navigate, you have a lot less to micromanage in this second iteration. You no longer have to deal with crap like omni-gel, or salvaging items, or a max inventory, huge improvements. What else do you want?

Yea sorry about the grammar. I was trying to hurry up and get out the door to get to work so i just typed it up real fast and hit post. I understand they modified alot of the aspects of the game to appeal to more people, but I still think there should at least be some kind of weapon system and armor system implemented into the game that's a little better than the final product. It seems like they just said fuck it and threw random guns into the game that give really no sense of any progression or customization and are really bland. Don't get me wrong, i like what i have played of the game so far. Just kinda was hoping for a more detailed inventory system such as an improved ME1 inventory or something rivaling Dragon Age's. I didn't think they should have stripped the entire thing out, it feels more like an action shooter than an RPG now.

Who cares? I understand him completely so get off the internet where grammar isn't needed, k? Before you go online to talk about grammar, fix your comma mess.

Lmao I also agree with xtangeltx, this is just a message board, not my college english course. I was trying to get to work, seeing as I work, go to college, and have a full time girlfriend. My bad Mr. Grammar

Shocking, I also have those three things, and manage to type out "English", a class I highly advise you take over.

However, none of these things are on topic and I would just add to what I said earlier, they manged to reduce the games busywork, and improve the combat system. The weapon system, while being less focused on statistics, is still deep, as there are plenty of different guns to chose from, and they all play differently.

And lastly to Angel, the OP was attempting to make a point, the purpose of this thread. I was stating clearly that his point would have been more readable, and have a sounder backing with proper applications of the English language. Grammar and spelling are useful tools on the internet, and should be applied properly to the appropriate situation. Also, your argument of comma use is weak, given the multiple schools of thought on their application. Have a nice day.

Shocking, I also have those three things, and manage to type out "English", a class I highly advise you take over.

However, none of these things are on topic and I would just add to what I said earlier, they manged to reduce the games busywork, and improve the combat system. The weapon system, while being less focused on statistics, is still deep, as there are plenty of different guns to chose from, and they all play differently.

And lastly to Angel, the OP was attempting to make a point, the purpose of this thread. I was stating clearly that his point would have been more readable, and have a sounder backing with proper applications of the English language. Grammar and spelling are useful tools on the internet, and should be applied properly to the appropriate situation. Also, your argument of comma use is weak, given the multiple schools of thought on their application. Have a nice day.

Interesting that you're the only person who cares about spelling and grammar here, yet you use the word "manged" instead of managed and "chose" instead of choose. ANYWAYS, as i have said TWICE, i think the game is still great, just feels like it is lacking some of the features that made it more of an RPG in the first game. I love the new combat system, but that has nothing to do with the armor and weapon side of customizing. I love the controls and how fluid the game is, but as far as taking away busy work, scanning the planets and launching the probes takes WAY too long to do and the whole buying fuel aspect is kind of stupid and takes away the immersion of the game. It feels lame and tacked on and completely pointless, when you scan a planet it makes you feel like you're scanning the damn thing with a retarded sloth scanner that moves like it's rusty and was made in 1950 or something. That kinda hits me as more busy work.

No, he's not the only one that cares. I despise when someone can't bring across a simple thought without shortening every word they use into some unintelligible conglomeration of crap.

And yeah, I'm already not liking the game for the lack of customization. Shit's boring.

LMAO!!! nice^^. @A Silent Circus

who the hell complains about grammar on a internet forum anyways, get that stick out ur ass! @Sporty Flea

lol agreed, i was trying to stress my annoyance with my original post and i was tryin to get the ranting out quick. Didn't care for my grammar on a message board haha.

Interesting that you're the only person who cares about spelling and grammar here, yet you use the word "manged" instead of managed and "chose" instead of choose. ANYWAYS, as i have said TWICE, i think the game is still great, just feels like it is lacking some of the features that made it more of an RPG in the first game. I love the new combat system, but that has nothing to do with the armor and weapon side of customizing. I love the controls and how fluid the game is, but as far as taking away busy work, scanning the planets and launching the probes takes WAY too long to do and the whole buying fuel aspect is kind of stupid and takes away the immersion of the game. It feels lame and tacked on and completely pointless, when you scan a planet it makes you feel like you're scanning the damn thing with a retarded sloth scanner that moves like it's rusty and was made in 1950 or something. That kinda hits me as more busy work.

1. I said they reduced the games busy work, didn't remove it.

2. I never claimed that you didn't enjoy the game, I was only adding my opinion.

3. To atlas, couldn't agree more, bring on the rum -.-.

4. Yes, you found two typos, and if typos were the issue with your post I wouldn't have said anything, however that is not the case.

5. Zobie...capo? Rock solid argument you got there, keep up the good work.

1. I said they reduced the games busy work, didn't remove it.

2. I never claimed that you didn't enjoy the game, I was only adding my opinion.

3. To atlas, couldn't agree more, bring on the rum -.-.

4. Yes, you found two typos, and if typos were the issue with your post I wouldn't have said anything, however that is not the case.

5. Zobie...capo? Rock solid argument you got there, keep up the good work.

yes i misspelled zombie when i changed my gamertag...lol

Oh, hey, will you look at that? GamesRadar backs up what I think haha. The GamesRadar Verdict: 10/10, Things you'll hate:

The mining minigame is a pile of ass

Helmet-head intrudes on key scenes

Armor and equipment management is too refined

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/mass-effect-2/review/mass-effect-2/a-2010012517440854061/g-2009022015324633054/p-4

I haven't had much of a chance to play the game yet (only an hour in), but it looks like they just simplified a lot of the interface things. Seems like a solid game, but I can't remember how far I had to get into ME1 before I decided that it was the best game I had played on 360 to date (a title it still holds). A little disappointed in the "decisions importation" feature, but then again, the logistics involved in getting the fine details (like the fact that I punched a Colossus in ME1) would be stagerring and probably push the game to a third disc. Might not keep my interest, though. Could go back to Too Human (*burst out laughing*)... Oh, Martin Sheen alone is worth it.

And for the ammo thing... probably gonna have to start keeping track of that. Makes it much more realistic, though, and forces you to make more in depth tactical decisions.