Games that should get re-released/HD remakes.

WackFiend

I'm interested in writing an article on this topic, so I thought I would look to the x360a community for inspiration.

With a whole slew of HD remakes either coming out shortly, like Beyond Good & Evil HD, what games would you like to see either get the HD overhaul, or at the very least be released in some capacity, whether it is XBLA (or PSN) or retail.

For me, I think the biggest games I would love to see redone in HD are Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1/2. A good way for Activision to see people want to old style Tony Hawk games, and not this Ride/Shred bullshit, is to release the original games again. At the very least, release Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X as an Xbox Original (the service hasn't had an update since Sept. 09) and the original two games as PSOne Classics. I'd prefer them to be XBLA titles so I could get achievements, but I'd mostly just like to play some classic Pro Skater.

I can't think of too many others off the top of my head, which is why I'd like to see what you guys have to say.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see tony hawk underground. I loved that game it had such a good story line to it. Uhhhh i'd like to see some ps1 classics with updated graphics like resident evil and metal gear solid.

Then the Gamecube/Wii is your best friend. They have remakes for both Resident Evil AND Metal Gear Solid.

This is actually the main reason I'm so upset about getting rid of my Wii and all my Gamecube games.

These games would make me cry if all of these came out.

- Splinter Cell Trilogy*

- Tomb Raider Franchise*

- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Vice City, and III

- Ratchet and Clank 1, GC, UYA, and Deadlocked

- Jak and Daxter Trilogy

- Resident Evil 0-4

- Resident Evil Survivor & Dead Aim

- Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2, Code Veronica

- Silent Hill 1-4, Origins, and Shattered Memories

- Fatal Frame 1-3

- Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Twin Snakes

- Final Fantasy 10-12

... WHEWW!! That was quite the list, hopefully I sense a lot of nodding heads in agreement.

*These have already been announced for the PlayStation 3! I await the day it releases!

^

Agree with a lot of those lol

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 =/ lot of content that was unfinished or not added due to not having enough time. It was great but it could have been even better with the finished content so that there would have been more gameplay and fixing the bugs that populated the game lol I'd be very happy if there was a remake/re-release for it =) heck even the first one so i can play it again =D (with new content and stuff if re-released)

Although I'd probably be happier with just a continuation of it (story-wise) lol

A list of games that need to be re-mastered isn't complete without Final Fantasy 7. ;)

I have a feeling that it'll happen, one day. You know Square Enix loves money. I wouldn't put it past them to try to add something special and "make it better", like, say, Aerith doesn't die, or something equally retarded.

The first 4 resident evil games in glorious HD technicolor would certainly keep me entertained for a few hours :D

I'd still like a SNES collection in the same style that the Mega Drive collection that was released a few years back. Image Zelda, Super Mario World, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Metroid in beautiful HD.

Makes me all pointy :D

I have a feeling that it'll happen, one day. You know Square Enix loves money. I wouldn't put it past them to try to add something special and "make it better", like, say, Aerith doesn't die, or something equally retarded.

Havent played it... but looks like I won't even play a remake since you've just ruined everything! JK, but some people might mind, you may want to give a plot spoiler warning.

Havent played it... but looks like I won't even play a remake since you've just ruined everything! JK, but some people might mind, you may want to give a plot spoiler warning.

I think when something has been out for nearly 14 years it's OK to spoil it.

See, I don't want to include Final Fantasy VII on this list because that would be a REMAKE, and that's something else altogether. I'm talking more along the lines of what they did with Beyond Good & Evil. Change nothing about the game, just update the graphics and engine a little bit. Other examples include Earthworm Jim HD, Serious Sam HD, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, etc.

However, a game doesn't haven't to be redone to fit the criteria of the question. It could also just be rereleased. Going back to Final Fantasy VII, it is available as a PSOne Classic on PS3, as are a lot of other amazing PSX games. That's why I would be OK with seeing THPS rereleased as a PSOne Classic (or THPS2X as an Xbox Original). These are far more likely as the development time would be cut dramatically.

Now, in regards to the FF7 remake, I read an article stating that the reason they can't make it, and the reason that FF13 was too linear, was because it would take several more years of development to create a larger story. Essentially, they are too focused on making it pretty than making it good. Fuckin' Japs, eh?

See, I don't want to include Final Fantasy VII on this list because that would be a REMAKE, and that's something else altogether.

Yeah, but all i want is the game on 360 with achievements and maybe updated graphics.

If they change anything to do with the story/ gameplay then they'll be sorry. :mad:

I would put baldurs gate/ planescape torment on the list but i've recently played them through again and the dated graphics don't seem to hurt games that awesome much.

I think when something has been out for nearly 14 years it's OK to spoil it.

See, I don't want to include Final Fantasy VII on this list because that would be a REMAKE, and that's something else altogether. I'm talking more along the lines of what they did with Beyond Good & Evil. Change nothing about the game, just update the graphics and engine a little bit. Other examples include Earthworm Jim HD, Serious Sam HD, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, etc.

However, a game doesn't haven't to be redone to fit the criteria of the question. It could also just be rereleased. Going back to Final Fantasy VII, it is available as a PSOne Classic on PS3, as are a lot of other amazing PSX games. That's why I would be OK with seeing THPS rereleased as a PSOne Classic (or THPS2X as an Xbox Original). These are far more likely as the development time would be cut dramatically.

Now, in regards to the FF7 remake, I read an article stating that the reason they can't make it, and the reason that FF13 was too linear, was because it would take several more years of development to create a larger story. Essentially, they are too focused on making it pretty than making it good. Fuckin' Japs, eh?

you know . . . there might be Japanese member on this forum.

These games would make me cry if all of these came out.

- Splinter Cell Trilogy*

- Tomb Raider Franchise*

- Metal Gear Solid 1-3, Twin Snakes

... WHEWW!! That was quite the list, hopefully I sense a lot of nodding heads in agreement.

*These have already been announced for the PlayStation 3! I await the day it releases!

Pretty sure the MGS one has been confirmed in Official Playstation Magazine as coming out very soon