• Imperials (Battle-Born)
    • Stormcloaks (Grey-Mane)
    • Neither, they are both unworthy
    • Undecided

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished all factions' (Thieves, Mages, Companions, Dark Brotherhood) quest lines before starting the Main story, and saved the civil war for absolute last, trying to get a feel for both sides.

No previous Elder Scroll experience to draw from, too many mini-factions kept my head spinning... Empire, Stormcloaks, Gray-Manes, Battle-Born, Graybeards, Aldmeri Dominion, Nords, Imperials.... aaackkk... who's on whose side? Which one is right? Where do I fit in?

In Season Unending, I tried to keep it as fair as possible, to not change cities' hands any more than I had to. (I hated having to give Markarth to the Silver-Bloods!)

300 hours later, I finally ran out of things to do (well, not really, this is an ES game, misc. radiant quests will go on forever, introducing me to new characters with new adventures) and sided with the Stormcloaks, who touted "freedom" over a weakened Empire who cow-tows to the Thalmor, whom I'd come to loathe. (The game starting with the Empire trying to take my head off even though my name wasn't on their list didn't help their cause either.)

Apparently, the Stormcloaks coming to power has not been especially good for the people of Skyrim, most NPC's (including Nords) dialog shows they don't really like the change. And I agree with previous comments, the Nords & Stormcloaks do remind me of one certain charismatic character with a small moustache, believing the land belonged to a certain race.

But I reveled in the irony of my PC, an Imperial, defecting to the Stormcloaks and fighting for freedom.

I will be joining the Empire next play-through (and finishing that whole quest line first); maybe as a Dark Elf, Khajit, or Argonian, but definitely not as a Nord like I initially thought I was going to for double-irony.

Edited by S1D3WYZ

• 2 weeks later...
I just have one question. Supposedly at the end of the Imperial questline you are supposed to get some sort of Imperial Legionnaire Armor, I have no such thing. Where/what is this armor I have heard and read about?

Ive completed it twice, and never got such thing?

on another not, i agree with what some of the stormcloaks think, however i chose imperial as i prefer what they were, and where there based, however i dont agree with either of them, and think i should be able to run and start my own empire!

I haven't decided yet, but I cannot STAND the Nords...

Racist SOBs...

I guess that means I go with the Imperials, which makes me not very happy either...

Can there be a third choice? An Argonian resistance that decides "fuck it. We're taking Skyrim." that needs me as their leader? ;)

yea i dont really like either side much. The 3rd option should be side with Alduin and destroy the stormcloaks and the imperial then backstab Alduin and rule Skyrim yourself as the Almighty Dragonborn.

I just have one question. Supposedly at the end of the Imperial questline you are supposed to get some sort of Imperial Legionnaire Armor, I have no such thing. Where/what is this armor I have heard and read about?

You have to visit the blacksmith in Solitude to pick up your armor. I never did since I have the Dragonscale armor of choice. :)

Are the Nords & Ulfric really racist or are they just purists/isolationists?

In Windhelm the Dark Elves and Argonians are segregated from everyone else in what is known as the "Gray Quarter", which is named in reference to the Dark Elves skin color. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about that is racism. However, I don't group all Nords as racist with Ulfric and the Stormcloaks.

You have to visit the blacksmith in Solitude to pick up your armor. I never did since I have the Dragonscale armor of choice. :)

I did that and he just still had the basic crap. Maybe it was a misunderstanding on my part. I know you get basic Legion armor, or Imperial armor from him as a misc quest when joining, but nothing after.

In Windhelm the Dark Elves and Argonians are segregated from everyone else in what is known as the "Gray Quarter", which is named in reference to the Dark Elves skin color. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about that is racism. However, I don't group all Nords as racist with Ulfric and the Stormcloaks.

It just seems to me that Ulfric just wants them out of Windhelm and out of Skyrim. Otherwise, if he were racist, would he not have them all beheaded? Now, the one guy who goes down to the gray quarter at night and yells obscenties, he's DEFINITELY racist...

It just seems to me that Ulfric just wants them out of Windhelm and out of Skyrim. Otherwise, if he were racist, would he not have them all beheaded? Now, the one guy who goes down to the gray quarter at night and yells obscenties, he's DEFINITELY racist...

You don't have to kill someone of a different race to be considered a racist. Ulfric believes Skyrim belongs solely to the Nords and that other races -especially non-human ones- are undeserving of equal rights. That is why he segregates the Dark Elves and Argonians in Windhelm.

You don't have to kill someone of a different race to be considered a racist. Ulfric believes Skyrim belongs solely to the Nords and that other races -especially non-human ones- are undeserving of equal rights. That is why he segregates the Dark Elves and Argonians in Windhelm.

Yes, agreed. However, in Ulfric's case, he is resentful of ALL elves due to the conflicts between elves & humans over the years. In a sense, it is more isolationist of him to want the dark elves out instead of a racial bias, even though race does play a part. Once he gets the elves out of skyrim, he'll probably focus on Redguard and Breton next...