Badass Rank Reset/Golden Keys Lost!? What!?

Frozenghost001

Yeah so as the title says, apparently when I booted up my game and went on to my save game, my badass rank got reset. In addition, my 3 golden keys have also disappeared. The weird part is, is that my badass challenge progression stayed the same, and all my weapons and XP are still in-tact.

So basically my question is, did anyone else run into this problem or is it only me? I tried turning off/back on the game, and nothing happened. And there's no way I'm resetting my save game after the 15-some hours I already put into this game. What should I do?

Edited by Frozenghost001

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to know too. i got one for pre-ordering and one from shift as well but i have no idea how i got the third. maybe from beating borderlands 1? idk...

Well I can say you didn't get an extra key from beating BL 1. I only have 2 keys one from Shift, one from the preorder. And I beat BL 1, even have the full 1750 and I still only have 2 keys.

yeah i have 4 keys also man. my g/f and buddy are like wtf cause they only have 2 lol

i got 3rd when i joined a buddy when he started his game i joined during his start up cut scene. and 4th it appeared after a buddy joined my game. so i really dunno man im confused as hell. also mine is regular pre-order game.( also my character was corrupted today had to start a new one but all my quest i did were still done and my badass points still intact i got lucky.

Edited by crzybluesmurf69

yeah i have 4 keys also man. my g/f and buddy are like wtf cause they only have 2 lol

i got 3rd when i joined a buddy when he started his game i joined during his start up cut scene. and 4th it appeared after a buddy joined my game. so i really dunno man im confused as hell. also mine is regular pre-order game.( also my character was corrupted today had to start a new one but all my quest i did were still done and my badass points still intact i got lucky.

Badass points carry across all players, it's saved to your XBLive profile.

Well guys, you can finally count me DA FUCK in. Took one week off that game, played different others and also cleared my cache in between. Today I went back to BL2, loaded it up, initiated the update and:

BAAAM, my four LV50 characters are still there but my badass rank has been reset. Last time I checked it was 22.000+. After +215h of playtime:

-All skins gone.

-All completed challenges appeared correct.

-Golden key (1) still there.

-Seraph Crystals (122) still there.

-Weird thing: The game controlls (invert look, sensitivty etc.) had been reset too.

Funny though I didn't touch the game for a week. I'm not really that pissed cause I was aware of this shit and I can still have my LV50 chars, so FUCK THE BADASS RANK, FUCK GEARBOXSOFTWARE and yeah I'm outta here.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

That's why I always have a BACK-UP savefile (two if possible), especially for game like this.

Is that possible? the badass ranks go accross profile not the individual game so doesn't that mean they on some kind of server? Same with keys as they also on profile only.

Either way i too will always back up before turning off for the night on a game like this, takes 10 seconds and and a whole lot of pain usually

are you sure you didn't just start a new guy ? I did that once already without noticing, hitting (Y) button on the main menus then (A) by sitting on the controller I had a new character

probably not what happened to you but meh

im sure. but its whatever i just contuined on with the game and already im at like 800 badass rank. but still no keys :(

Is that possible? the badass ranks go accross profile not the individual game so doesn't that mean they on some kind of server? Same with keys as they also on profile only.

Either way i too will always back up before turning off for the night on a game like this, takes 10 seconds and and a whole lot of pain usually

Doesn't need to be stored on a server the data will be stored in your gpd, gamer profile data, rather than your actual save which is why it works across all characters either offline or online. Its within your gamertag basically.

That's why I always have a BACK-UP savefile (two if possible), especially for game like this.

how exactly do you do that, i tried it when i was finished playing (save to cloud and it doesn't save to the hd...i went on the microsoft site and it said to do what i did but i want 2 saves.

lost my badass and 1 key...i'm real careful as i went thru this type of thing with gears 1,2,3, cripes i think they may have added to much to the game. oh well, don't want it 2 happen again. thanks in advance

Edited by skiscaraudio

how exactly do you do that, i tried it when i was finished playing (save to cloud and it doesn't save to the hd...i went on the microsoft site and it said to do what i did but i want 2 saves.

Hmmm strange. I have three back-up saves. 1. HDD 2. Flash-save 3. Cloud-Storage.

Go to Dashboard > Storage > Enable Cloud Storage > Copy your BD2-Save File to Cloud Storage

Hmmm strange. I have three back-up saves. 1. HDD 2. Flash-save 3. Cloud-Storage.

Go to Dashboard > Storage > Enable Cloud Storage > Copy your BD2-Save File to Cloud Storage

ok i get it, i'm just copying my save 2 the cloud, i thought i may be able 2 copy 2 both at the same time, if it screws up i'll have an older save 2 go back on...got it.

sadly why is this happening 2 begin with, my wife signed in to gears 3 while it was loading and got reset but nothing obvious went on with this game that i can figure out. i be real careful.

thanks

To the OP-

This issue is pretty rampant over on the Borderlands 2 forums, I'm surprised you're the only one over here who's mentioned this. It doesn't seem like anyone knows what causes this but the best guess has to do with an error with signing up the Shift account and that creating some kind of glitch, but that's purely speculation. This really sucks because while you lose your progress and bonuses the Bad Ass challenges remain completed so you're unable to reset them or do them again. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they can patch this asap.

I'm sure you've been over there but here's a link to one of a few threads about this.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150243

To the OP-

This issue is pretty rampant over on the Borderlands 2 forums, I'm surprised you're the only one over here who's mentioned this. It doesn't seem like anyone knows what causes this but the best guess has to do with an error with signing up the Shift account and that creating some kind of glitch, but that's purely speculation. This really sucks because while you lose your progress and bonuses the Bad Ass challenges remain completed so you're unable to reset them or do them again. Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they can patch this asap.

I'm sure you've been over there but here's a link to one of a few threads about this.

after reading your link kinda looking like a split screen glitch. That sucks. would hate to have countless hrs in game only to be wiped out.

To the OP-

yeah, i had an xtra 2-3% on everything and now some of the challenges are in the 3-4th stage and i have nothing 2 show for them, i really wanted that second key to just use with another character for shits n giggles, now i'm down 2 1 gold key...sad really.

i keep posting on the gearbox to bump it up but i don't even have 2 as so many are having this prob. such a wonderful game it's sad this is happening....imagine after 50-100 hours and this happens, yikes