Why have Flashback on a Freeroam game?!

Frozen x360a

Better question, why do people feel the need to complain about aids that can be disabled with no effort?

If you don't like something, don't buy it, don't use it, don't complain about it.

Listening to people complaining is part of the feedback process any good developer should have in place.

If they see that many people dislike idea 1 but like idea 2, next time they might decide not wasting precious resources in developing something the majority doesn't want.

That's how democracy works.

When you dislike something, you take actions to have it your way. Some people complain, some find a work around.

I understand you being tired of people complaining about stuff you consider pointless or illogical, but your point of view if 1 in 7 billion. Whatever the reasons, they always make sense for someone.;)

I mentioned this in the demo feedback thread too, it doesn't seem fair that I race a rival multiple times and lose, then race him a 5th time rewinding every single mistake and then beat him, with no penalty for essentially cheating.

When you're racing anyone but the AI, even in ghost format, rewind should be disabled.

Listening to people complaining is part of the feedback process any good developer should have in place.

If they see that many people dislike idea 1 but like idea 2, next time they might decide not wasting precious resources in developing something the majority doesn't want.

That's how democracy works.

When you dislike something, you take actions to have it your way. Some people complain, some find a work around.

I understand you being tired of people complaining about stuff you consider pointless or illogical, but your point of view if 1 in 7 billion. Whatever the reasons, they always make sense for someone.;)

I have nothing against a complaint that makes sense, this doesn't. What makes sense is players being able to control how difficult the game is for themselves, not required those that are less skilled (or just less patient, or busy, or whatever other reason you have for using Rewind) to play a game that is geared towards those with skill.

This isn't something that's forced on anyone, it takes 10 seconds to set the difficulty you want and then you never have to do it again. I haven't been in the main difficulty menu of FM4 since the game came out; I have the AI set to Professional and ABS/TCS/STM off, complaining that it's set to Normal and on by default would make me stupid. I might not want it that way but I bet there are far more people that do and the game wasn't made just so I would buy it.

It's a complaint of no substance, it doesn't negatively affect anyone that wants rewind off, but it helps the others.

When you're racing anyone but the AI, even in ghost format, rewind should be disabled.

FM4 invalidates laps where you use rewind, is Horizon the same?

FM4 invalidates laps where you use rewind, is Horizon the same?

Doesn't appear so. I beat a rival using it but i don't know if my rival used it?

It doesn't seem fair IMO if you can pull off a clean race then have someone else rewind every corner and beat your time. Maybe the official leaderboards in the full game will be different or at least show who used it and who didn't.

I for one welcome forzas approach on the difficulty settings

They are there so you can tailor the game to how you want to play at any given time

Some times I have it on professional etc when I have the time to play for a good while and then I'll lower it when I'm just having a quick race before work and want to enjoy it (and not get pissed off at it)

The same goes for the rewind feature. Use it or don't but what's the point going on about it? On my 1st race on the demo I used it as it was an unfamiliar track and I didn't know what to expect around any given corner but then never used it again in the other races

Just knowing the option and flexibility is there for when/if I want to use it is a great feature in my eyes

Having just played F1 2012 you are forced to set a difficulty at the start of the season and are stuck with it which kind of ruined the experience at times as if I wanted to do a quick race in my season

Doesn't appear so. I beat a rival using it but i don't know if my rival used it?

It doesn't seem fair IMO if you can pull off a clean race then have someone else rewind every corner and beat your time. Maybe the official leaderboards in the full game will be different or at least show who used it and who didn't.

Hmm Horizon is different in this respect though

I know in FM4 if you cut corners etc your laps didn't count but in the demo of Horizon both the AI and myself cut corners left, right and centre to get to the finish line 1st so who knows what will/won't be allowed in the full game leaderboards :confused:

they keep on putting stupid stuff in games that we just want to sit back and play but we cant do that because they have the stupid cutcenes in the game and it makes it not enjoyable.

What's cutscenes got to do with the topic we're talking about in this thread :confused:

And if you can't sit through a 10-20sec cutscene then god help you on ANY game :(

There is no debate about the feature itself - It's great for SP

The debate is whether or not it's fair to beat someone who raced a clean lap first time by rewinding every single corner until you get it right, winning, and incurring no penalty for doing so.

I got no idea how FM4 did it, but what DEG says seems way fairer.

As far as leaderboards go I hope they treat it like the FM4 traffic days.

Rewind should definately give you the /!\

I think hitting an civilian car should also do it.

Given the rewards system, I would assume everything else is fair game. But I wonder if that leaves the door open for slingshoting yourself ala the gran truismo games.

But time will tell.

I personally don't think I will be very consumed wih leaderboards the same way I've been in a racing game anyway.

I assume the lotus' will be awesome cars in this game as well (I think I may need to get aquatinted with a tune on those)

Is there any word on gift cars like: you own a nsx-r gt in fm4 so you get one in horizon?

Or specific level rewards and such ala FM3 to FM4?

Nope. All is fair in love, war and fun.

I assume the lotus' will be awesome cars in this game as well (I think I may need to get aquatinted with a tune on those)

Is there any word on gift cars like: you own a nsx-r gt in fm4 so you get one in horizon?

Or specific level rewards and such ala FM3 to FM4?

I would get used to driving AWDs if I was you...in every class.

Also reward cars:

The game sees the level you've achieved in Forza 3 or 4, depending on which you have gained the higher level in.

Lvl 1- '11 Cooper S

Lvl 5- '11 Citroen DS3 Racing

Lvl 10- '12 Dodge Charger SRT8

Lvl 15- '69 Camaro SS

Lvl 20- '08 BMW M3 E92

Lvl 30- '12 Jag XKR-S

Lvl 40- '09 Gumpert Apollo S

Lvl 50- '12 Lambo Aventador LP700-4

I can explain why we have flashback.

Picture this - you are playing single player for an hour and then you do something cool like an awesome drift, jump, smash whatever.

And you want to get a replay. How do you do it? Do you have to save one hour worth of footage?

No.

Press rewind to the start point of your cool driving and then you have an option called "watch replay" and then an option called "make movie".

Basically you have a video camera crew filming your every move and when you want to view the last 30 seconds of footage you press rewind so you can watch it again.

Take note that rewind does not allow you to keep skill combos going. It ends skill combos. It also can invalidate speed trap runs if you do it too late.

So the main reason is to allow the saving of cool replays.

Nope. All is fair in love, war and fun.

Well, i guess that is the main point of this game. I'm not to concerned about leaderboards, only because i'm not the greatest racing gamer although it would be nice to see some more community leaderboard challenges like we had in FM4.

Press rewind to the start point of your cool driving and then you have an option called "watch replay" and then an option called "make movie".

So the main reason is to allow the saving of cool replays.

This sounds like a nice feature, it was annoying in FM4 to have to fast forward through an entire race to record a 5 second clip or awesomeness.

I just think the flashback feature is taking over every racing game we get now nothing wrong in most cases I guess.

I think Forza is the only game to implement the feature apart from all the Codemaster games as it all started out in GRID and successfully followed through all the Formula 1 & DiRT games since.

It's not a bad thing you know, don't like it don't use it!