Unlimited Gold Trick.

SP0P

This may take some time, but I found that if you enter the Cyclops Cave there is 7 Gold bags near the broken down trolley it does not matter if you get them now. But after you beat the cave you need to go to the next room and go back into the cave. You wont have to fight any monsters and you can just pick up all 7 bags. Then Repeat as many times as you like. I got about 1000 gold in like 5 minutes.

I prefer fighting either the painter boss or the skeleton cyclops boss, picking up all the treasure, exiting to the left (you don't actually have to smash the crystal), and coming back in immediately. Cut scenes are minimal, no need to deal with the map screen, payoff is decent, and it's not nearly as monotonous as exiting/entering a room as many times for a bunch of 5 gold bags.

I'm a little confused on what you meant. I think what you mean is that there is that cave at the end with all the gold, you walk in there collect it all walk out and repeat? Or do you mean walk all the way back to the beginning collect those bags and then walk back.