Hardest and / or most annoying parts of Afro Samurai

Kebabsaurus Rex

It has got to be, by far, Kunoichi Straight Flush.

First of all, against all ninjas the body part you sever is almost completely luck-based since they either crouch or jump or feint as you slice. You can control the height you swing at, but depending on their body orientation ypou could sever anything.

What makes the female ninjas worse is that there are only two locations where it is feasible to attempt this, and both have serious drawbacks.

I hate luck-based achievements, and unfortunately so many games have them. Give me skill or endurance any day, as at least I can blame my own crappiness or impatience for not getting them, not some dice roll.

that is probably the hardest achievement in the game by far. i got it by random luck while being in full focus on the bridge.

• 1 month later...

1-The kunoichi suicide queens achievment...i've been trying that one since yesterday afternoon and I'm still after it.

2-not skipping cutscenes...I've been watching the one on the doppelganger bridge for at least 100 times now...

Edited by TheSorrow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Kunoichi straight flush worked for me easily with great luck while I tried the samrai straight flush and sliced through a group of enemies ... blipblop ^^

The empty seven on hard is still my nemesis ... I´m still stuck there cause the danger of breaking or eating my controller after hours of fails was way to big -.-

Empty Seven's Story; the part (on Hard) where you have to fight a bunch of huge guys with flags on their backs (3 or 4 waves of 4 each) and then you have to fight the female ninjas. After the flag guys I'm so burnt out that I can't get past the ninjas, it's really aggravating. I figured after I got past Kuma the rest would be cakewalk compared to it.

• 6 months later...
Empty Seven's Story; the part (on Hard) where you have to fight a bunch of huge guys with flags on their backs (3 or 4 waves of 4 each) and then you have to fight the female ninjas. After the flag guys I'm so burnt out that I can't get past the ninjas, it's really aggravating. I figured after I got past Kuma the rest would be cakewalk compared to it.

Empty Seven's Story is my Nemesis also. Still stuck on it. It has been a while since i last tried it. Maybe will try again later today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

While playing the game, it was Flamethrower Brother 6, Kuma and Justice. Why? Flamethrower Brother isn't so bad, but it's his little projectiles that cannot be blocked nor dodged that kinda pissed me off because that's pretty much the definition of cheap. Mainly on hard. Like for fuck's sake. You can only take 5-6 hits and the guy shoots 3 of them at you. Seriously what the hell?

Kuma's windows to strike were small, rare and short. This time it's just me finding it plain hard, but I enjoyed the challenge.

Justice was alright, it's only the first part where he shoots at you that I found ridiculous. Otherwise it was feasable, etc etc.

For the achievements, it's really Hard, Body Part Poker and East Showdown Pass that pissed me off.

Hard because, on normal, you can take at least 15-20 hits before you die and afro seems to regenerate health. I started on hard thinking that I would probably have less room for mistakes, but not 5-6 hits before death! That's like 66% health reduction...So anyways, I just thought the change was brutal and so parts like the Flamethrower Brother fight pretty much made me throw my controller at the TV.

Body Part Poker is frustrating because I'm missing the Samurai and the Queens straight flushes and the only segments where I can get them require me to go through most of Doppleganger and part of Empty Seven and let myself die/start over if I fail or die. I wish they would have just made some kind of training simulation where you can work those on the spot.

As for East Showdown, it's not the achievement itself, it's the boss that you need to beat in order to recieve it. The game never taught me how to reflect bullets/missles, so the first time I faced that boss, I was swearing. Like "WTF is this shit!? How on earth are you suppose to beat this guy!?" It took me a good 30 minutes before I accidently figured out a patterm to witch I could slash the missle in 2 and move forward. Jesus...

• 2 weeks later...

the very first section of Doppelganger. Bridge with the freaky looking "Masaki! Kill him" dude with the club. Hardest part of the damn game for me. I'd either be worn down and he'd kill me or I'd somehow get knocked off the bridge somewhere and have to start the whole damn thing again.