PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Earth Defense Force 2025
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #61
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratpoizen View Post
Viper:

"The rail gun tank should work for hitting red panels with the air raider. It's just a little tricky to position. You can also use him to give you a ride to the tunnel after you shoot the brain for phase 2." front of me a

I'm doing this now. I see what you mean about it being tricky to line the tank up. Where abouts do you get the tank to spawn at the very start? I throw the thing in the water in front of me as soon as the mission starts to spawn the tank and take out the same red panel as I do with the Ranger (using the main gun, where u can also drive the tank at same time). But which red panel did you destroy in phase 2? This part is pretty tricky!
It's behind and to the left of the start. As the panels rotate, it comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. Remember you can park on any small incline to point higher.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #62
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Instead of pissing around with the tank I just used the Plasma battery gun so the Wing Diver can shoot Gungnir without penalty, way easier.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #63
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
doesnt that just speed up the wing divers recharging? i couldnt really get it to work unless im missing something?
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #64
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Anyone know a good tactic for the last mission with WD/Fencer on inferno? cant seem to take out any of the red panels with the Fencer unless im missing a good longe range weapon?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #65
ch33zy

ch33zy's Gamercard
Quote:
Anyone know a good tactic for the last mission with WD/Fencer on inferno? cant seem to take out any of the red panels with the Fencer unless im missing a good longe range weapon?
I'd split screen either of those with the Ranger with 2 Lysander Z weapons..

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM   #66
Viper187

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33zy View Post

It makes that last mission a hell of a lot easier than most of the other weapons.. Especially if you stick near the underpass for protection.
No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #67
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33zy View Post

Sorry, i think i misworded my post, i meant a tactic using the WD on controller 1 and pulling the Fencer through in splitscreen on controller 2 to get his achievement. Its the very last mission i need then ive finished all missions on all difficulties (minus easy) with all classes. My WD has two Gungnirs but I just wondered if there was any decent weapons for the Fencer so I can use him on controller 2 to easily take out the red panels.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #68
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
No, that's the slow way. There's a battle cannon for Fencer that does 10k damage per shot. Put that on him, and double Gungnirs on Wing Diver. Phase 1, pop the panel in front of you and a little right. 2nd phase, hit the one behind and left of where you start. It comes right along the front of the buildings behind you. When you hit the brain for phase 2, I suggest hopping toward the tunnel to survive the reload, but you can get lucky sometimes just hiding between the buildings. Get a clear shot between the purple panels and you're done. Just don't shoot until they start moving cause the brain doesn't seem to take damage right away.
ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?
Old 05-27-2014, 02:34 PM   #69
Viper187

Quote:
ahh ok thanks, do you know the name of the battle cannon or which heading is it under? im guessing its a Missile Launcher?
It's a sniper, not explosive. It's something like '35MM Battle Cannon.' There should be a few listed under one of the types, but this one does 10k damage. It should be under artillery or heavy artillery?

edit: I had it listed in the original post. lol "35mm Gallic Heavy Cannon "

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Old 05-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #70
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
I went a different way (after getting my WD up to a high 5 figure armour).
1. You cannot control both characters effectively once you get to inferno, pic one and let the other die, they can sometimes still attract foes once even dead. Don't forget you only have to do each level once between 2 characters, redo the player 2 on an easier level.
2. On the last level I took time and flew around just shooting the roof with the thunder bow, take out the firing placements and you don't get shot at. It's better to be safe and shoot the red orbs with the Monster S and only bet grounded for a few seconds than use the Gungir and be a sitting duck for ages. Not only that, they drop items and it leaves loads of health lying around.
3. Once the Walkers drop, I sued distance and speed and removed them with a high priority.
4. If you are full of health and happen to be near your fencer, heal him and then move on to use him as a decoy to buy you more time.
5. Once the last stage happens, quickly destroy a few purple hexagons and then go back to flying in a large loop pattern slowly taking the center down.

That what worked for my WD/Fencer, I then redid 25 offline to get the other players completion achievement.

(I truthfully did WD/F first and then got the Fencers achievement last cause I didn't want to p1ss you off, Ratpoizen, as you hadn't got it yet yourself.)

Finally, by now you have probably got the weapons achievements and grabbing armor on this level is a waste of time, so break that habit and only grab health when needed.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #71
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!!
Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far
Old 06-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #72
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Haha, nah I'm not pissed off why would I be lol. Congratz on the 1000g Simon!!
Managed to do last mission first time though with Wd/Fencer once I knew which Fencer weapon to use to take down the red panels. I did it the quicker (and easier imo) way though and used 2 Gungnirs. Once you've shot the brain really quickly in Phase 1 your Gungnir is pretty much recharged by the time Phase 2's shit hits the fan. Shoot red panel number 2 with Fencer then brain again really quickly (through the smoke off the exploding red panel). I had both Gungnirs fully recharged safely way before the Dragons started spawning in Phase 3. Then I just blasted one purple ship then finally the brain. A dragon grabbed hold of me but luckily got I mission cleared before I went to zero health, not that it would have mattered. Just gotta find all weapons now then finally I'm done with this game lol. Exciting 390hours so far
Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #73
SimonJK

NeoVampyre's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Whoa, thats almost double my time and I thought I played it alot
I think I had 492 hours or something. I call it a bonus, if I've spent 40 on a game (yep they cost more in the UK, but that's a whole 'nuther thread) and I can get 300 - 400 hours out of it then I call it value for money. I think one of my longest on the 360 is near 1000 hours on Borderlands 1, which was about half the amount of time I put into Morrowind and a fraction of the time I put into a game years ago called Frontier.