Small animal locations

Figured I'd start a thread since these do not show on the map to my knowledge. I've only managed to play for a few hours but thought i would start a thread everyone can add too.

Southeast Region

1) rabbit, must use partition bullet.

At the start of any of the Buck Hill hunts, as soon as you start the level look slightly to your left. There are 3 rabbit holes in the area. Kill 5 and this accomplishment is complete.

2) fox,

3) wolf

4) rabbit, shot gun.

Use partition bullet method above

Edited by Goots 88

You don't have to worry about killing all the small game during your career. Just load up the buck hill area on southeast map using the shotgun and all the birdshot you can carry. Just watch the hole closest to you and shoot the rabbits as soon as they pop out. Then restart the hunt till the achievement pops. If you need gear points after completing the pro slam and getting the pro multiplier. I used the bear den area of the Northeast map and the .338 and shot 1 or 2 caribou, elk, or bear that are there at 10:00 and then restarted the hunt. Just try to get a one shot kill in lungs or spine. You can get 5200 points with a double lung or spine shot. I actually got 7800 on one. It is much quicker getting the small game achievement and buy all scopes achievement using this method, rather than searching all over the maps for fox, rabbits, and coyotes then waiting for them to pop up and be at the proper distance

Edited by perryboy26

You don't have to worry about killing all the small game during your career. Just load up the buck hill area on southeast map using the shotgun and all the birdshot you can carry. Just watch the hole closest to you and shoot the rabbits as soon as they pop out. Then restart the hunt till the achievement pops. If you need gear points after completing the pro slam and getting the pro multiplier. I used the bear den area of the Northeast map and the .338 and shot 1 or 2 caribou, elk, or bear that are there at 10:00 and then restarted the hunt. Just try to get a one shot kill in lungs or spine. You can get 5200 points with a double lung or spine shot. I actually got 7800 on one. It is much quicker getting the small game achievement and buy all scopes achievement using this method, rather than searching all over the maps for fox, rabbits, and coyotes then waiting for them to pop up qt be the proper distance

Much appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another way I found to make fast gear credits is with using this method: once you are in the Northwest region go to the open hunt for Paddlers Bog with a powerful rifle and good scope(I used the .338 Mag Bolt Action Rifle with the 3-12x Rifle Scope and .338 Mag Polymer Tip bullet). Start the open hunt without adjusting the time. Once the hunt starts turn to your back right and there will always be a least one moose(I did this over 20 times to confirm it works). It may be a male or female but if all you need is gear credits then it does not matter if you kill a male or female: only the type of kill(double lung shot, heart shot, etc.) matters. The moose will always be bedded or lying down so provided you don't mind hearing a bible lesson every time from the announcer about killing a bedded animal is not recommended then you can usually get a kill within a minute. After you bag Bullwinkle just restart the hunt over and over until you have the gear credits you require. I went for Double Lung shots for 5200 gear credits per kill(this is based on the 13x Pro Hunt multiplier).