"Halo Jumping"

Monstor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't seen it been done effectively then.

What's a situation in which it would be effective? Say someone is rushing a dude, halo jumps, and shoots (let's be serious and ignore the 360 in the air bit, for a moment). Unless the dude is aiming below the knee, his bullets will still all hit the halo jumper.

Now if you jump down a flight of stairs instead of running down them, that's a different story, and would be effective, but I wouldn't call that halo jumping, just regular stair jumping.

How do you know if you haven't seen it done by someone that knows what they're doing? You don't...

lol. Like I said man, whatever floats your boat. If you think it helps your gameplay, by all means, continue doing it. I'm not going to argue about something as stupid as this. You think it helps and I think it doesn't.

I jump shot sometimes & find it to be effective, now i don't do it all the time just in certain situations, like if i know somes round a corner or camping i'll jump round the corner for the element of surprise, it just gains me an advantage just like a drop shot would. Also to the guy saying its not effective u obviously don't know how to use it effectively otherwise u would probably feel different towards it.

I jump shot sometimes & find it to be effective, now i don't do it all the time just in certain situations, like if i know somes round a corner or camping i'll jump round the corner for the element of surprise, it just gains me an advantage just like a drop shot would. Also to the guy saying its not effective u obviously don't know how to use it effectively otherwise u would probably feel different towards it.

I wouldn't call jumping around a corner to kill an unsuspecting guy "halo jumping". That's just jumping around a corner.

And I don't know who you are referring to in your last sentence, but if it's me, I do know how to "halo jump". What I was saying is that I don't find it gives any kind of advantage in COD.

That made me laugh. :p I've never seen "halo jumping" help anybody in call of duty.

I do it all the time.. see some camping prick chillin in a corner.. Cross him up and then halo jump him around the corner and he doesn't have time to bring his gun to you to kill you..

I also do it to ppl i know are walking around a corner.. Its quicker than walking and it still takes em by surprise..

Also i dont drop shot.. so i dont use all the cheap tactics.. but i can't stand getting killed by some dude chillin in a corner..

EDIT..

Just read the whole thread.. I get what your saying about Halo jumping to reg jumping.. makes sense.. but the people that "Halo Jump" didn't come up with the name.. atleast i dont think.. I got it from the people that i do it too.. ive heard 90 percent of the people i "Halo Jump" call it "Halo Jumping".. "Why dont you go play Halo if your gonna jump like that" or "Stop Halo Jumping"

Edited by StillTIPPIN187

I wouldn't call jumping around a corner to kill an unsuspecting guy "halo jumping". That's just jumping around a corner.

And I don't know who you are referring to in your last sentence, but if it's me, I do know how to "halo jump". What I was saying is that I don't find it gives any kind of advantage in COD.

I don't jump round corner's at unsuspecting people, Thats as stupid as drop shotting from behind someone, like i said its normally campers who have a fair idea i'm coming or are just waiting for random people or if i see a guy & want a extra advantage i'll quickly get behind cover & quickly jump out as i know the guy won't expect me to do this & yes i was refering to u in my last sentence, like i said if u do it right in the right situtations & can control your aim while doing so this a very effective tactic, while the guy/girls waiting for u hes likely to be aiming at normal height where as when u come round the corner in the air he has to adjust which is something u yourself have already done giving u the player jump shotting an advantage.

I don't know how effective it is in this game, since I don't play it, but I know in Black Ops I do it quite often and it seems to be pretty effective, surprisingly. It seems that a lot of people I play against aim at the waist or below for some reason, so when you jump, they either hit your feet once or twice or miss completely.