The Official Skyrim Bitching Thread.

Iceman9482

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m absolutely loving the game but why do the menus do not respond at times? It´s kinda annoying, slowing the action and such : (

I´ve noticed that I´m not the only one though...maybe a patch will fix it? Either way, that´s the only thing that has been bothering me. This game is fantastic!

My second day in Skyrim was so much better, no glitches at all. I deleted the game from my HD and for some wacked out reason it does actually look better. I so hope theres a fix due at some point. The snow effects actually look melted instead of blocky like they belong in minecraft. My initial few hours bad feelings towards the game have totally changed, and I'm absolutely loving it. I was always a massive Neverwinter Nights fan but right now TES is king.

P.S. I so recommend the Forbidden Legend side quest, no achievement but its a great 3 dungeon run (including 3 shouts). Finishing with a triple boss final, I even bagged a random spawn dragon while entering the final zone under a waterfall, now tell me Skyrim looks bad. :woop:

Finishing the quest rewards a fantastic amulet that grants 30points to each Magic/Health/Stamina, thats like 9 levels worth of points in one item.

my only complaint was at the start.

i'd get to the bear part of the unbound quest. had to call it a night. it was a midnight launch. so i saved it only to come back & find i'm blocked off from getting back to the bear.

i had it saved at the bear part. so i had to redo everything all over.

yes i had multi saves but it didnt help.

Very few after 30+ hours of gameplay.

I wish they would have made the weapon stand in my house (Whiterun) able to be activated like the bookshelves are. That way I could actually put my weapons in those slots, as I'm too incompetent to pull that off with the grab feature >_<.

Minor complaint, but seeing as they made the bookshelves interactive, I don't see how making a weapon/armor stand the sameway would be so hard....

Edit: Although, it appears the weapon rack in the Solitude house is interactive...so either mine is broken in Whiterun, or everyone's is >_< Complaint retracted, you win yet again Skyrim.

Edit 2: Maybe not. The video I watched had interactive weapon racks, plaques, and armor stands....and we clearly a pc version of the game. While I don't think it was a mod, I can't get anything to work in Whiterun on the xbox. Maybe we just got screwed :p We'll see when I buy another home...

Edited by BBowles

Why does this thread even exist?:confused: The only complaint that I have is that this game is going to have me playing it FOREVER and I won't have time for other games. But that is not really a bad thing it just means bethesda did a really good job:)

I have a question...how can a game with this much content fit on one disk and RAGE which had 2!!! cities in the whole game required 2 + 1 for multiplayer?

I put probably 120 hours into Oblivion and 120+ into Fallout 3 and I can see that I will match those totals in Skyrim.

My problem is that it still feels like they didn't play test this game at all on 360. Quests are still bugged to hell and the game feels so broken. For example, on one misc quest you are suppose to "Help Slveni Nethri escape the cave." But she won't leave. She goes to the exit and stands there with her weapon drawn. I've tried everything to get her out, but if you approach her you automatically leave the area through the brilliant "approach the exit" mechanic they added. What was wrong with pressing A?

My biggest complaint(besides removing all the customization and item options)is the quest Evil In Waiting. You pick up an iron claw in the quest and when you approach the door for it you cannot move the rings. If you leave the area and come back, you can move the rings, but the door will not open. The image on the claw is Dragon-Eagle-Wolf, but that doesn't open the door. I tried all 18 possible combinations and none of them worked, the door won't open. It's not quest oriented, because the last thing I need for the quest is on the other side of the door. I've already looked it up and many people are having the same problem. How do things like this slip by them?

I have two complaints so far. No hardcore mode. Also, why was the quick select replaced by a favourites menu? I would have prefered the Fallout 3 method of assigning favourites to the directions.

one improvement that i thought would have been bleedingly obvious to the favourites is to use each direction for a different thing eg left means magic, right means weapons, up means potions and down means map. customising these would have been nice as well but i guess that would be a bit too difficult.

but still it could have improved the menu functionality greatly.

o wait i know!! kinect!

Complaints:

My game freezes. A lot.

Dialogue loops incessantly and fucks up my quests, so it doesn't complete. Reload save and try again.

Companions for some reason decide it's a great idea to kill one another or try to kill me. Even when I'm not accidentally AOE'ing them.

Companions in general have questionable AI, in fact. I love it when they get stuck on walls, decide to constantly be running into my line of sight while I am about to hurl some nasty spell combination, set off traps as many times as humanly possible, bug out and freeze as we are traveling through the dungeon so they are just standing around in midwalk mode, and especially when they keep using their damn bow no matter how many times I remove the fucking arrow/bow out of their inventory.

Urghhhhh. I've been trying to be patient, but when this happens over and over and over in every dungeon I go into or nearly every quest I try to wrap up, I start finding myself short on patience for all the bullshit. Heck, I don't even /get/ to see the end of quests nowadays... NPCs don't even go through their dialogue options. The quest just kind of ends.

Edit: Even better. NPCs vanish entirely from my game and requires an Xbox restart to bring them back. OH BOY.

Edited by IDiivil

The inability to decorate homes! This was a staple of the series for me in Morrowind and even Oblivion to a degree, but without the grab button and dropping objects not being connected to your reticule, there's no way to set up your home beyond the couple weapon displays and book shelves. It seems to me that actual role playing has taking a back seat in role playing games for sandbox adventures (The dungeons are fun and obnoxiously long at time) but the game put too much emphasis on killing and looting and not enough on the freedom of being whatever you want and doing whatever you want. I will miss being abl to decorate homes and I hope it's ssomething they add in later with DLC. I'm sitting on a stash of skulls and troll skulls that I want to use for decoration, but can't...

You can grab items just hold :abut: on the item and you can move it like in Oblivion.

Edited by IronBrutzler

The inability to decorate homes! This was a staple of the series for me in Morrowind and even Oblivion to a degree, but without the grab button and dropping objects not being connected to your reticule, there's no way to set up your home beyond the couple weapon displays and book shelves. It seems to me that actual role playing has taking a back seat in role playing games for sandbox adventures (The dungeons are fun and obnoxiously long at time) but the game put too much emphasis on killing and looting and not enough on the freedom of being whatever you want and doing whatever you want. I will miss being abl to decorate homes and I hope it's ssomething they add in later with DLC. I'm sitting on a stash of skulls and troll skulls that I want to use for decoration, but can't...

?? You can hold the use button down and move objects where you want them. The fire pit in my Whiterun home has troll skulls at each corner. I also put the butterfly in a jar on my table. Potions on my book shelves, etc. Not sure what's holding you back?

OHHH and you can also do this with bodies. I moved a bunch of bodies outside of Whiterun into a big pile as a warning to bandits and Stormcloaks.

Sometimes when I press up or down on my D-pad to select a favored spell, I can't scroll up or down for a couple of seconds.

yeah i've noticed a little lag there, and on the menu when you press B too.

this game is awesome, but there are a few issues, here's what's pissed me off so far:

- happened a few times, in a fight, not taking much damage, doing ok when suddenly... why is it in 3rd person mode, why can't i move, oh great, i've been executed. mind telling me why?

- when i was a low level, in a bar room brawl with some guy, most people have formed a circle round me. i've nearly won and i'm mashing the punch button. some bitch walks between us, i hit her by accident, she pulls out a great sword, kills me in one.

- trying to find a route up a mountain, look at the map, it's covered in clouds, can't see a thing

also i'm a little worried that some of the RPG elements of the game are getting progressively dumbed down. example, in morrowind, melee had many skills, blunt, axe, spear, hand to hand, long and short blade. then oblivion shortened it to just blade, blunt and hand to hand. now it's only one handed and two handed. also there used to be so many more spell effects you could use, and with all these massive mountains, we could really use fly, or at least slow fall.

oh well, as long as it doesn't go as simplistic as mass effect 2. i'd just like to see another game as hardcore as morrowind. you could spend hours just in the menus.

Won't let me get into a cave on the main quest stand there hitting A for an hour gone back to old save and nothing works 15 hour

Of game down the drain !!

you know that with some caves you don't need to press A to enter, you just keep walking into the mouth of the cave and it loads the interior. it's confusing cus it comes up with the text like a door, but it doesn't have the press A symbol.

if there's no door and just a big opening, then just keep walking into it

also i'm a little worried that some of the RPG elements of the game are getting progressively dumbed down. example, in morrowind, melee had many skills, blunt, axe, spear, hand to hand, long and short blade. then oblivion shortened it to just blade, blunt and hand to hand. now it's only one handed and two handed. also there used to be so many more spell effects you could use, and with all these massive mountains, we could really use fly, or at least slow fall.

oh well, as long as it doesn't go as simplistic as mass effect 2. i'd just like to see another game as hardcore as morrowind. you could spend hours just in the menus.

Happens to so many games today :(.

It seems the only ones really avoiding this trend are JRPGs, but even then some of them are guilty of this.

My game keeps freezing, 7 times in 2 hours, ugh.

Where to begin?

The start of the game has some scripted running away from a Dragon thing that felt like Call of Duty: Dragon Warfare or something. Not cool. I liked getting off the boat in Morrowind and getting thrown right out the door once I'd made my character. This is what I play open world games for.

No Unarmed skill. Sad as I played Morrowind and Oblivion as an unarmed Monk...and even Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Poor show.

No Alchemy unless you're at a specific table. Boo.

Magic, while it has many improvements, has less options than ever and the constant "flamethrower" style stream of energy makes enemy mages a bore to fight.

The graphical style of the world I found off-putting. Something about the shaders or bump mapping...I dunno...there is a sheen to the world that just doesn't look right on a medieval game.

Melee is dumbed down ridiculously. I miss the old thrust/slash/chop system. Even Oblivion had different moves for different stick directions held...it wasn't a big issue in Fallout as it was primarily a gun game but in a melee focused title I expect some degree of depth to the combat.

Most dragons die like dogs.

Kids. Invincible kids. Invincible smart mouth kids. Piss off.

No classic Dark Elf voice! (personal rather than actual game flaw)

Menus are terrible and text/location popup in HUD looks too modern.

Regenerating health seems a bit fast (maybe just a low level issue)

Lack of quest options. Some guy wants me to steal a ring and plant it on some guy so he gets accused. Fine. If I talk to the guy they want to frame it's generally standard fare to give me the option to tell him that people are conspiring against him. Maybe I didn't try hard enough with this particular quest but I wasn't liking the lack of options there seemed to be in the game.

Having to unlock perks you don't want to unlock the perks you do want further down the line. Don't see why we can't just pick and choose as long as they keep the level requirement there...

Think that's it. Really expected more from this game.