The Need Help with a Freeplay Target Thread

True Marvellous

Okay... so I'm stuck with a freeplay event in Palais Royal that I cannot find. I've tried Google searching it and no one has a response. The marker is in the southern tip of the building, right in the center over the entrance where the two guards are standing. I've climbed all over the building and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... so I'm stuck with a freeplay event in Palais Royal that I cannot find. I've tried Google searching it and no one has a response. The marker is in the southern tip of the building, right in the center over the entrance where the two guards are standing. I've climbed all over the building and can't find anything. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi, I made a video in another thread regarding this target, here it is below.

The actual target isn't shown in the video as i had already done it before recording the gameplay but it shows you how to get to the actual location.

I hope this is the one you are looking for.

Cheers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkr6Spd3AJc]YouTube- The Saboteur Palais Royal Freeplay Target HD[/ame]

Hi, I made a video in another thread regarding this target, here it is below.

The actual target isn't shown in the video as i had already done it before recording the gameplay but it shows you how to get to the actual location.

I hope this is the one you are looking for.

I saw your video on YouTube actually when I was searching for this point. Unfortunately the freeplay event that you're getting in your video is not in Palais Royal but the Opera District instead. The one I'm referring to is a large rectangular building surrounded by barbed wire (on the map).

EDIT: In your video Aragorn, when you pull up the map, the point I'm looking for is a small square on the front of the building to the right of the one you posted a video for.

Edited by metallicoholic

I think I remember the one the you're talking about and if I'm right it might be a postcard under the entrance to the building. Have you checked in there or only up top?

I think I remember the one the you're talking about and if I'm right it might be a postcard under the entrance to the building. Have you checked in there or only up top?

I feel like a total idiot now but I just loaded up my game again and went back to the same spot. Right on top of the tower over the entrance is a giant spotlight. I swear it wasn't there before....

Well, if anyone has this same problem, just save the game and load it back up and something might appear there that wasn't there before.

I feel like a total idiot now but I just loaded up my game again and went back to the same spot. Right on top of the tower over the entrance is a giant spotlight. I swear it wasn't there before....

Well, if anyone has this same problem, just save the game and load it back up and something might appear there that wasn't there before.

Thats good, at least you found it now.

I have just been looking in that area myself trying to remember what was there as i've already completed the freeplay targets. Problem solved :)

• 3 weeks later...
Did they patch some glitches on this game because I only have 2 dots left for ambient freeplay in Paris Zone 3, when people have said they got the achievement with 3-4 dots still there:confused:

You should need 239 out of the 241 freeplay events in Paris Area 3.

When i played the game i still had two freeplay events left after i got the achievement.

Also, not all freeplay events are actually in the correct area's, check the borders of area's 2 & 3.

I can't reach two of them. They are in a monument in marais, paris zone 1. Is in the same spot as the only Dierker Statue in Paris Zone 1.

I've just had a look at that area and i think that when i did it i used either the Siegfaust or Panzershrek to destroy the targets. (I'm presuming the targets are snipers nests)

You should need 239 out of the 241 freeplay events in Paris Area 3.

When i played the game i still had two freeplay events left after i got the achievement.

Also, not all freeplay events are actually in the correct area's, check the borders of area's 2 & 3.

Ah thanks for the advice :) I managed to finish off Area 3 as I was missing a few on the borders. Just hundreds more to go hahaa

• 1 month later...

i have a problem in normandie. i've cleared all free play targets, my hole map is done, but in this area my stats says that i have one more suply drop and nazi tower to destroy, although there's no white dots on the map. also i've seen that i have detroyed 7/5 nazi sniper nest. i realize that there is some glithc, but how can i fix it without playing all over again :(... please help me...

tnx!!

i have a problem in normandie. i've cleared all free play targets, my hole map is done, but in this area my stats says that i have one more suply drop and nazi tower to destroy, although there's no white dots on the map. also i've seen that i have detroyed 7/5 nazi sniper nest. i realize that there is some glithc, but how can i fix it without playing all over again :(... please help me...

tnx!!

You may not need to fix it. The free play requirement for each area allows you to miss several freeplay events and still get the achievement. Normandy is part of The Countryside area, which is made up of all areas outside paris except for Le Havre and Saarbrucken. Just keep clearing the rest of the countryside areas and see if the achievement pops. You might even find some missing Normandy events while you're searching as there are some events which seem to be outside of the area that they're counted in.

i have nothing left to clear, i've done the whole map :) and i've killed dierker before i started with freeplay targets... i won every perk... is killing dierker the last thing i should do to finish the game? cos i already done it and i expected something to happen when i clear white dots... :) i guess, my game ended before i even started :)

i have nothing left to clear, i've done the whole map :) and i've killed dierker before i started with freeplay targets... i won every perk... is killing dierker the last thing i should do to finish the game? cos i already done it and i expected something to happen when i clear white dots... :) i guess, my game ended before i even started :)

Afaik nothing happens when you clear the last white dot as you should already have all the freeplay achievements by then. Have you checked your achievements to see if you have all 6? The ones you should have are for :

Saarbrucken

Le Havre

The Countryside

Paris 1

Paris 2

Paris 3

I'm not sure of the actual achievement names but you should be able to find them in the guide. If you are still missing any with no events left to clear then I guess the game must have glitched for you. :(

• 2 months later...

Hey just a tip I discovered that people seem not to be mentioning.

Buildings with viewpoint events have a series of yellow lights that you can follow to get to your destination.

Many of the problems people have had I have easily performed these events by looking for the path displayed by these lights.

Good luck with those events and don't take any shit from those buildings.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
is the first one possibly a stunt jump? i have it as there are no dots in that area on my map but i dont remember it. im also having trouble with the one on top of the cross shaped building in la bourse

3 years later... Your post still helps... Cheers.

• 1 year later...

Not to start a zombie apocalypse or anything, but I'm resurrecting a dead thread in the hopes someone knows how to solve this. >.<

There's a dot in southwest Picardie, near a sideways horse-shoe shaped road. When I go there, I can't see anything to blow up or pick up... What am I missing here? It's due north of Margaret's hangout. On the map it looks like a couple brown squiggles then a horseshoe. I blew up a canon and something else nearby, but I can't figure out what the 3rd dot is. Help?

I'm also having the exact same problem - I've blown up three things at this location but I still have a marker there, and there is literally nothing on that hill - not even a car jump (I've tried every angle, going up the hill and driving off of it - car just drives up or down the incline, doesn't fly).

http://i.imgur.com/XxY2CAQ.jpg

Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do there? Thanks!