Games You wasted money on

Whackanese

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far:

MW3 - The only game I pre-ordered this year and wish I hadn't. MP is a broken mess, boring campaign, the fact I didn't pay full price and Spec Ops Survival are the only saving graces but I'd still rather play Gears 3's horde mode instead.

Lost Odyssey - I dig weird JRPG's when I can grasp them and sink some time into them but this one, as beautiful as the graphics are, is boring me to death. Doesn't help that I picked up Halo CEA, BF3 and a mit-full of other games at the same time so maybe I'm just not able to show it the love and time it deserves. Will have to come back to it.

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Admission of guilt: I'm a life-long Zelda fanatic. Zelda can do no wrong in my eyes. But I have too many 360 games that are far more interesting than this one. I've had it for over a year now and still haven't even collected my first heart container. When I'm on the subway I opt for reading books instead.

Fable 2 - I only paid $3 for it. I could have bought a loaf of bread more entertaining.

Far Cry 2, Brink, Medal of Honor : all of which were $10 or less to me either due to sales, used, or trade-ins. But all were money I could have spent on good beer instead.

I begrudge all these games for that lost beer, that is something truly loathsome in my eyes. :uzi:

Halo : Anniversary

Halo 1 was awesome... the Remake was not ... nuff said

343 Industries: "we used the exact same scripts and physics and just created a graphics overlay for the game"

Me: "bull f**king SH*T"

Borderlands GOTY

Achievements are bugged... Patch promised almost 2 years ago only worked for the original game + bought expansions, doesnt work for GOTY

So far:

Lost Odyssey - I dig weird JRPG's when I can grasp them and sink some time into them but this one, as beautiful as the graphics are, is boring me to death. Doesn't help that I picked up Halo CEA, BF3 and a mit-full of other games at the same time so maybe I'm just not able to show it the love and time it deserves. Will have to come back to it.

I begrudge all these games for that lost beer, that is something truly loathsome in my eyes. :uzi:

stick with it. being a JRPG, it isn't for everybody, and you have to invest some time into to it, but it's definitely the best JRPG on the X360.

F.E.A.R horrible game total waste of time and pro evolution soccer.

FEAR is actually an incredible game. it was the first, true next-gen shooter. the console versions weren't as great as the PC version though, because the controls are suited more for KB/M than a controller.

Probably, Fallout Las Vegas,,

Watched and readed so many previews and reviews.. and really got exited.. I really love the Oblivion and Skyrim concepts so Why dont get Fallout las vegas??

well after a few hours i still dont understand the whole game.. maybe i should spend a free sunday onto it, along with alot of drinks and snacks. :)

Im absolutely a fan of the halo francises and i really liked the new style of Halo ODST.. Can you explain me the ''lacking'' part :)?

Well, I liked the game, it's just the storyline felt "boring" to me, they're good parts don't get me wrong, but I don't think that it was worth the $60 I payed for it, short storyline, no multiplayer, firefight was entertaining though. I'd be satisfied if it sold for at least $35-$40, instead of charging $60 for the Halo 3 multiplayer disk..eh, maybe I spoke to soon.

COD: Black Ops (not mw2, i find that mw games are really fun if you ruin the online for everyone else)

Brink, I got 605 or so the first day and have barely touched it since, i'm sure i'll go back to it eventually but right now meh

Final Fantasy XIII, someone urged me to buy this saying its great and I do enjoy JRPGs for handhelds so I thought why not. The characters were so underdeveloped that I cant play it. I'm sure i'll give in and play it for the achievements eventually

Saints Row 1, dear lord this game is bad after you play saints row 2. I got SR2 because it looked really fun when I saw my brother playing it, and I loved it but I wanted to know the backstory but it's not worth it. Gamerscore is hard to get too so thats not even a consolation prize.

GTA IV, I really don't know why I don't like this one, I just don't.

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind.

JC's Avatar the Game (for a movie that was awesome, the game sucks...)

The Last Remnant (the trailers for this game looked awesome, the story seems really good but I hate the battle system, this game could have been way better.)

Guitar Hero Warrior's of Rock (it's a good game but I just didn't need to buy it, would have been a better rent)

Edited by XenoSamurai