About the DLC

vSully

I haven't played Dark Souls in several months. My main is somewhere around level 220 and on like the 6th playthrough. I'm about to dust off the game and buy the DLC, just wondering if it's something I want to play through on my high level guy or on a new(er) low(er) level character. Also, where will I need to go to start the content?

Thanks!

I haven't played Dark Souls in several months. My main is somewhere around level 220 and on like the 6th playthrough. I'm about to dust off the game and buy the DLC, just wondering if it's something I want to play through on my high level guy or on a new(er) low(er) level character. Also, where will I need to go to start the content?

Thanks!

Based solely on what I've read (i.e. I have not yet played the DLC for myself), the new content is not accessible until relatively later in the game after you defeat Seath the Scaleless. And I don't believe there is some sort of "cutoff" whereby you could progress *too far* in the game to not be able to go back for the DLC content.

Someone else can correct me if that info is not entirely accurate, but that was my understanding.

You don't have to defeat Seath to access the dlc, but you do have to get the Lordvessel, which means...you guessed it. From what I've played of the new DLC, it does feel like the difficulty has been taken up a notch, but that might just be a result of the fact that the enemies, area's, and bosses are new to me. I think you kinda just have to use you're judgement on this one. However, it's a great excuse to start a new character. :D

I was about to ask this too. I have my finals for uni this week but then I plan on getting the DLC next week and bunkering down. Was wondering if my NG++ guy was going to be too overkill for it, and my SLVL1 character is... well far too weak haha

Think i'm going to say fuck it and create a new character and just speed run it, not like i/we havent been the game to know all there is.

Super confused.

In my NG+++++ or whatever, I've placed the Lordvessel and killed Nito, 4 Kings, and Seath. How do I start the DLC?

edit: Nevermind, googled and figured it out.

Sorry about that. I probably should have mentioned about the Golem in my above post. I always forget to explain that step.

I don't envy you playing the DLC on NG +6 :D I had problems fighting Kalameet and Artorias on NG+

You can only hope that your asshole can take a lot of stretching, especially against Manus. That guy is relentless. Somewhat reminds me of Flamelurker from Demon's Souls. That guy and the Old King Allant still give me nightmares from when I fought them in NG+

Edited by KriugerisLT

I have the UK version of the game, but bought the DLC from the German store (due to credit card problems). Started the game, realized that I am in a New Game+++ or something, not too far into the game, so I can not do a quick check whether the DLC is accepted. Can anyone tell me if there is any evidence of the DLC (new splash screen, message when looking for DLCs,...)?

I have the UK version of the game, but bought the DLC from the German store (due to credit card problems). Started the game, realized that I am in a New Game+++ or something, not too far into the game, so I can not do a quick check whether the DLC is accepted. Can anyone tell me if there is any evidence of the DLC (new splash screen, message when looking for DLCs,...)?

Whilst it's loading it will come up with "checking for artorias of the abyss dlc" or something along those lines.

u'll probably gonna die lots in DLC in NG+ coz they hurt more (scale level with the number of times u NG). The bosses there are all fast, so u have to time ur dodge right, or ur stamina is gonna be eatten.

but I can read Manus' attack and he can't touch me often coz i dodge mostly everything.