Question about "Grunt Funeral" Skull

The Grunt Funeral skull was a preorder exclusive for the game. If you preordered it, then you would have had a card with its code on the back (same with the Master Chief avatar armor). You would have had to redeem that code, and then the skull would already be unlocked in-game when you booted it up. If you didn't preorder it, then you can't have it (unless you buy it on eBay, or if they end up releasing it as DLC someday).

The Grunt Funeral skull was a preorder exclusive for the game. If you preordered it, then you would have had a card with its code on the back (same with the Master Chief avatar armor). You would have had to redeem that code, and then the skull would already be unlocked in-game when you booted it up.

It actually came out here with the code included (in Australia) when you brought it brand new.

Ah so say you don't have a code for it, you can't get it in-game? (kind of like you could buy exclusive weapons and skins for Medal of Honor, only to find out you unlock it for free when you reach Lvl 15?)

Actually... it was NOT a pre-order exclusive. If any retailer made that claim, they were lying!

All new-release copies of the game includes the "Grunt Funeral Skull" code (as well as the Master Chief Avatar Armor). I reserved my copy of the game from GameStop, but I elected not to pick-up the game at midnight. The next morning, I bring in the newspaper and find the Toys 'R Us ad in it. They were offering a $10.00 gift-card with the purchase of the game (and some Halo Mega Bloks toy - which I have no idea what it is, since I don't wear diapers).

Anyway, I go down there and look at a copy of the game and see it includes the "so-called exclusive" items in the box, so I get it there (my deposit from GS is refundable). Also, I had a $20.00 gift-card that I got when I bought "Skyrim" from Toys 'R Us a few days before.

So... Skyrim was $60, Halo was $20, or... Skyrim only cost me $40, Halo cost me $40... AND... I have a $10.00 gift-card to use. Do the math, but either way... I made out like a bandit! :woop:

Aye, I too can confirm I got the dlc code for it with my copy of the game from Wal-Mart. Price matched a sale K-Mart was having, got AC: Revelations for $40 (pricing error we couldn't fix), Halo for $20...then sold Revelations on eBay for $50.

Cheapest brand new game ever. But on topic...I seriously love this skull. It may mean I can't bonk grunts on the noggin anymore, but it's still fun to use them like mobile explosive barrels.

I seriously love this skull. It may mean I can't bonk grunts on the noggin anymore, but it's still fun to use them like mobile explosive barrels.

I love it too. It's fairly dangerous to you when paired with the Boom skull though, the exploding Grunts always seem to cause other Grunts to come flying towards me! :biglaugh

I seriously love this skull. It may mean I can't bonk grunts on the noggin anymore, but it's still fun to use them like mobile explosive barrels.

True! You wouldn't want that skull enabled on "Assault on the Control Room" - unless you weren't planning on stealth-killing those sleeping grunts (well... you "could" stealth-kill the first one, but you're going to go with him as well)! :p

• 1 month later...