Trick to hit 2000 star achievement (need partner)

JohnnyInterfunk

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share my method to get 2000 stars quickly (relatively speaking of course). Unfortunately, you'll need at least one partner to do this.

Start a Deathmatch game (very important, so you get max stars for all kills) in a Player match (so you don't get disrupted by other LIVE players). Select Vegas as your map (not required, but its what I used). Invite your partner.

So have your partner run immediately to the upstairs bar, where the tesla trap is. Have him stand there while you trigger the trap (5 stars). Walk over to his body and humiliate (1 star). Wait for you partner to come back and have him trigger the trap on you and humiliate (5 + 1 stars for them).

Rinse and repeat until you both hit 2000

Since you're using a trap, you'll always get the max deathmatch stars (6), and you don't have to worry about weapons collection and changing weapons lists. Further, since the only stat you really need is speed (attack and defense don't affect traps), you can quick rest in the chairs right outside the bar while waiting for your partner to return to stay at top speed.

My partner and I tested this method and got around 90 stars apiece in a 15 minute deathmatch. Using that as a benchmark, two people can hit 2000 in slightly over two hours of gameplay. If you concentrate on boosting one person, they can probably be done in about an hour and a half.

Note: in case you see me in a match and were wondering, right now I'm trying to get the 2000 star achievement in the legit manner, so I'm still at 11/12 cheevos for this game. Will do this however if online play dies....

I got the star save glitch where your star progress is no longer saved.

The only way to get the achievement after the glitch, is to collect the remaining stars without quitting the game.

I had about 1100+ stars to collect and managed to get them all in 3 hours by playing Elimination mode.

There is a faster way to help out with the star save glitch.

Arcade Mode

1 AI Extra

Elimination

You get +10 stars for eliminating all players (only 1 bot here) and up to +5 stars with the proper weapon and +1 star for humiliation. The round will also end after you kill the other player since it is elimination mode.

You can get +16 stars in less than a minute. I was able to get about 115+ stars in about 20-25 minutes. If you get a Scene Stealer round, you can gain 30+ stars very easily.

Your method works too, but it seems really boring.

By doing Elimination mode, you still play the game normally and can get a bunch of stars.

Of course, the star count here is based on your skill because the AI can kill you and you'd end up losing the round and not getting any stars.

Edited by Prince_K

i also only need the 2000 star achievement.. i found it easier an quicker on "springbreak" map.. who ever is goin for the achievement jus stand at the houses door where u can activate the pool trap (5 stars every time) an jus have the other person keep getin in the pool, if they respawn close to u an u dont wana wait for the trap to reset then jus have a 5 star weapon.. cameras an guards dont go to the door.. i have 950/2000 stars jus from a half hour of play..