PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
Bleeding Star

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Why am I getting Panther points for evading enemies?

Pretty positive I've seen people say avoiding enemies gives you more points than taking them out non-lethal.

I'm noticing that I am getting Panther points instead of Ghost when leaving an area with enemy troops still alive.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Same for me! I played Private Estate, and the only thing I did was throw a Sticky Noisemaker at the dog at the beginning of the mission. I ended up with something like 8 enemies evaded for only 400 points, and they were Panther points. Later on sneaking around outside the estate, I did no takedowns and followed Maka's guide to a T to turn the power off get inside the house. Same thing, only 50 points per enemy. AND inside the house; the only ones I took out were the 6 that you needed to take out to make the guy run. Again, Panther points for evading. WTF? I got only the Ghost points for taking out those 6 enemies. All I did was throw a Noisemaker at the beginning of the mission...

And my dial is set to Non-Lethal.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
If guards find unconscious bodies in an area, or you make too much noise and they know something is up without going into open combat...they will go into "search mode" so to say.

If you end up sneaking past them while they're still searching, instead of getting Ghost points for "Enemies Undisturbed", you get Panther points for "Enemies Evaded."

Hope that helps.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Bleeding Star

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
If guards find unconscious bodies in an area, or you make too much noise and they know something is up without going into open combat...they will go into "search mode" so to say.

If you end up sneaking past them while they're still searching, instead of getting Ghost points for "Enemies Undisturbed", you get Panther points for "Enemies Evaded."

Hope that helps.
Ahh that's more than likely what it was then - thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Yeah, thanks. So I guess that if I happen to make noise that alerts a guard, I should stick to the shadows until the wavy red lines disappear from their icon, then finish the section?

I don't remember this happening in the first three missions; this was not an issue.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
The only way to get Ghost points is the leave them undisturbed which means you cannot be heard even if you are unnoticed if that makes sense.

Like bigD said if you sneak past and not a single guard is alerted you will have ghost points.

If you sneak past but disturb someone so they say for example "huh whats that" but still don't spot you you have disturbed them therefore you get panther points.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Star View Post
Ahh that's more than likely what it was then - thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Yeah, thanks. So I guess that if I happen to make noise that alerts a guard, I should stick to the shadows until the wavy red lines disappear from their icon, then finish the section?

I don't remember this happening in the first three missions; this was not an issue.
No problem! Yupp, if their detection meter goes fully red and everything goes chaotic, instead of killing them and getting Assault points, you can still gain Ghost/Panther by waiting it out several minutes until you break their line of sight and they go back to their regular patrols.

Sometimes, the difference between "Enemies Undisturbed" and "Enemies Evaded" can be completely accidental too; like leaving a door open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
The only way to get Ghost points is the leave them undisturbed which means you cannot be heard even if you are unnoticed if that makes sense.
Well, that way...and also non-lethal stealth takedowns of course. I found the best way to get the most Ghost points is to legit sneak past everyone without ever using a gadget.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #8
v sim co

v Sim CO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post

Like bigD said if you sneak past and not a single guard is alerted you will have ghost points.

If you sneak past but disturb someone so they say for example "huh whats that" but still don't spot you you have disturbed them therefore you get panther points.
This is not completely right. You get Panther points if the Guards enter search mode. You will get Ghost points if the guards do not enter search mode. If a guard comes to investigate a disturbance he`s not technically in search mode unless he finds something he really doesn`t like.

The best example if you ghost the dog on safe house chances are he will start barking but if you get away fast enough you still get the 250 Ghost points.

There are three musical cues normal, disturbance, and search.

In Site F all the guards are jumpy to the max and will usually go into insta search mode if they hear a disturbance.
v sim co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #9
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Well, that way...and also non-lethal stealth takedowns of course. I found the best way to get the most Ghost points is to legit sneak past everyone without ever using a gadget.
Yeah, true. It seems the score multiplies for everything you do. Killing x number of people in a given time, KOs in a given time, etc. The best score is to not even touch anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
BiggD
Off to Vegas

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Yeah, true. It seems the score multiplies for everything you do. Killing x number of people in a given time, KOs in a given time, etc. The best score is to not even touch anyone.
I remember multiple times I would pass a section without touching anyone and be in awe at the score given. Something like "8 enemies undisturbed - 1850" ...so yeah, doing it like that will give you alllllllllllll the points you could want for Ghost.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
xoskxflip

x TX Flip's Gamercard
Yep, it is those noisemakers that will get you every time! If they are still in an "alerted" state from the noise makers, then it will count as evaded. Pretty crappy, I know!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
Dellers

Dellers's Gamercard
It turns out that using gadgets around dogs = evaded. If they smell you you can still get ghost points, but using a sticky cam or sticky noisemaker is effectively destroying your ghost points. It's completely stupid, but that's how it is. Those three dogs in London for instance are way too hard to sneak past since noisemakers cannot be used. I've made it two or three times, but usually have to spend 10 minutes there since there is only about a 2 second opening when the most annoying dog is at one exact spot (which doesn't happen often, and therefore can reduce your leaderboard score a lot if you're not lucky).
Dellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
Gercais

Quote:
Pretty positive I've seen people say avoiding enemies gives you more points than taking them out non-lethal.

I'm noticing that I am getting Panther points instead of Ghost when leaving an area with enemy troops still alive.

What am I doing wrong?
Yeah, I'm currently going through the campaign, ghost style. Avoiding every possible enemy I can, taking other routes, using only non-lethal takedowns/gadgets as well as hiding bodies I can, when it's unavoidable confrontation and for most of the missions, I find myself awarded with panther points when it should have been ghost instead.

Last night on the level where you need to defend the Paladin while it's prepping for take-off again. I got a gold rating on ghost style, witch I didn't expect at all. It doesn't make sense why I got gold. I was non-lethally taking each guy out and got detected 1-2 times? That completely defeats our entire reason as to what we're debating about lol
Gercais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 31 (more» ...)
This has just screwed me out of two ghost medals lol. At least I know now, if I do disturb someone I'll wait for them to go fine again so I get ghost points.
Last Achievement : Published - Metro Redux (Xbox One) - 40g
Last 100% Completion : Metro Redux (2000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Xerofox for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
Chuppernicus

chuppernicus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm trying to not leave guys awake if they get alerted or I think they were alerted. You still get ghost points for taking each one out vs the panther points. It's been those dogs for me too.

-Insert something creative here-
( that doesn't include stats that no one really cares about or some poorly photoshop'd image with your name stuck in it. )

Chuppernicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #16
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gercais View Post
Last night on the level where you need to defend the Paladin while it's prepping for take-off again. I got a gold rating on ghost style, witch I didn't expect at all. It doesn't make sense why I got gold. I was non-lethally taking each guy out and got detected 1-2 times? That completely defeats our entire reason as to what we're debating about lol
Same with me, I think the reason we're getting Ghost points is that the enemies didn't notice you, because they were busy attacking the plane.

I knocked them down silently working from the back towards the front.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #17
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I just did first level, I ended with Ghost maxed out, I took down loads of enemies, was detected twice, escaped and even had 2 combat takedowns.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #18
MatchedCloud079

MatchedCloud079's Gamercard
Quote:

What am I doing wrong?
Make sure you don't alert them in any way. If even one enemy spots you and starts firing at you, they will all count as evaded instead of undisturbed. Also, make sure they are looking around for you when you leave an area or they won't be in an "undisturbed" state when you earn your points.
MatchedCloud079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #19
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
That is a weird and frankly, stupid system.

Also, if I only use sleeping gas, shockers and non-lethal takedowns, and finish the mission with only Ghost points, why on Earth don't I get the 'finished mission without killing anyone'?

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote