*SPOILERS* Discuss ENDING.

Demolition D

Overall thoughts on the story and the ending ...

To me it sucked. Throughout the game we fight LARGE super Mutants, even giant ones. At the end, we get to PRIME, fight off some mutants with armor to get to our destination ... and that was it? NO SUPER MUTANTS? No final battle?

The Cinematic for the end was brief and should have been more. It should have had you meeting back up with Capt. Had a cinematic setting things up. Game 1 of a trilogy should give you that feeling of it's over then BOOM. Or in this game's case {we saw it coming too} you still give a cinematic at the end. As beautiful, smooth and overall gameplay in RAGE was top notch, I was disappointed.

It was like having Filet Mignon with Ketchup.

I did enjoy the game but with the length and lack of closure, I'm glad I rented it.

Edited by Demolition D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing that ur done I was wondering if u could confirm whether or not there is free roam after beating it and if so are u able to get into the outrigger settlement??

You can NOT. When the credits start to role it ask you to hit "A" to continue to skip credits if you want. I let the credits role and it went straight to Main menue:mad:

I agree. The ending was extremely disappointing. I built up a nice collection of sentry bots & dynamite bolts. Saved up my Pulse cannon & BFG ammo all in anticipation I would have an epic battle against Authority soldiers along with some "released" super mutants, you know the ones from the teasers from E3 a year ago.

Well when I pushed all the buttons and killed all the mutants attacking (which seemed like just a slightly more tougher battle than normal) and the achievements unlocked for beating the game, I was like, WTF? The ending definitely felt rushed and was very underwhelming.

I agree with you guys about the ending. The lack of a boss fight was most surprising to me. After fighting the huge mutant I figured I would be in for a great final boss battle. Guess not. But looking back on it now, it felt like the game started dropping off at the start of the 2nd disc.

I did enjoy the game, and am glad I played it.

I'm fine with the ending as long as I get a sequel to go along with setup for an all out war with the Authority I just hope its not done through some short dlc then I would feel cheated. To me all the boss fights might as well been basic mobs since on nightmare I killed them all including the giant mutant in four shots.

I've been waiting for this game forever and overall I think it was a letdown, the ending was just icing on the cake. I didn't expect to beat it in a few days and I was actually looking forward to do some exploring in the wasteland. Being so linear exploring was kind of a no-go. When those achievements popped up at the end I was confused just like everyone else.."thats's it, seriously?" I think the major problem with the story was that there was never a main antagonist. Sure there was the Authority, but that's not something you can put a face on and personalize. I think the story would have been greatly improved if there was a head of the Authority, not just fighting a bunch of drones leading to an anti-climactic end.

I've been waiting for this game forever and overall I think it was a letdown, the ending was just icing on the cake. I didn't expect to beat it in a few days and I was actually looking forward to do some exploring in the wasteland. Being so linear exploring was kind of a no-go. When those achievements popped up at the end I was confused just like everyone else.."thats's it, seriously?" I think the major problem with the story was that there was never a main antagonist. Sure there was the Authority, but that's not something you can put a face on and personalize. I think the story would have been greatly improved if there was a head of the Authority, not just fighting a bunch of drones leading to an anti-climactic end.

There is a main bad guy you just haven't met him yet in Rage probably will be introduced officially in a dlc but his name is General Cross the man who altered the Ark emerging protocols so him and his men would come out first and take over the world.

There is a main bad guy you just haven't met him yet in Rage probably will be introduced officially in a dlc but his name is General Cross the man who altered the Ark emerging protocols so him and his men would come out first and take over the world.

Don't quite see the point in leaving him out through the entire game, 2 discs worth at that. I'll be picking up the DLC either way, still just disappointing.

Damn.. i just saved before i pushed that last button.. thinking that wasn't the last button at all. So that let me fucked since i always use one save slot -_-

And hell no i'm gonna start this game all over again..

Like'd the game a lot till the end. it wasted the whole experience for me if you ask.

To me that was the only thing wrong with what has been an enjoyable game for me. Like you said we face off against huge mutants and then in the end it is over without any final confrontation. The last mission was short and underwhelming for me. I thought there would be at least another hour or two heading into Capital Prime and maybe faced off with a general or something. It felt like the Authority had no real presence at all though I assume that if there is to be a sequal or DLC they might expand the overall story abit better. Still a great game though.

I believe that the last mission should always be the hardest, most instense action of a game. Things started to look good at Jackal Canyon and the fight there on Nightmare was challenging. Then I get to Capital Prime and this is what they throw at me? Maybe the addition of the Plasma Cannon made it feel less frantic, but it also made it less enjoyable in the end.

I believe that the last mission should always be the hardest, most instense action of a game. Things started to look good at Jackal Canyon and the fight there on Nightmare was challenging. Then I get to Capital Prime and this is what they throw at me? Maybe the addition of the Plasma Cannon made it feel less frantic, but it also made it less enjoyable in the end.

I gotta agree with the last part (haven't played Jackal on nightmare yet). I was thinking similar to "is that all you've got?" when I finished the end. Perhaps the plasma cannon (as fun as it was) should have been accompanied by another giant mutant or some kind of challenging final boss at some point.

Maybe the addition of the Plasma Cannon made it feel less frantic, but it also made it less enjoyable in the end.

I thought the Plasma Cannon was gimmicky. You spend the entire campaign using all these other weapons, and figuring out which ones work best in which situations for yourself, and then all of a sudden you're thrust into the last mission with a brand new gun. It's like all that strategy you had learned from the entire game didn't matter anymore when the most important mission is on the line.

While I share everyone's disappointment with the ending, I think I probably felt less disappointed than all of you because I never felt like there was a story to begin with, and therefore no real way to end something that was not ever there.

You emerge from the Ark and some random dude gives you jobs to do, with no backstory or intro. You don't find out the Authority has been the ones who bioengineered the mutants you've been fighting until the start of disc 2. At that point, I felt something interesting story-wise was going to pick up, but it never really does, and what story there was ended up being really thin and short and contained mostly within the second disc.

As someone mentioned, it felt like the ending was rushed. To me, it felt like the whole second disc was rushed. The jackals seem randomly thrown in there. The eastern wasteland was much smaller and less interesting terrain-wise than the normal(?) wasteland.

Don't get me wrong, I still had fun and enjoyed the game, but the story could've used more work.

/SorryForLongEssayLol