Fawkes is insane

Magicman10893

Every once in a while I notice Fawkes go, well the only way to describe it is, Bat-shit crazy. I fast traveled to Megaton and he started to open fire on the local populace and slaughtered EVERYONE in sight. He pulled out his Gatling Laser and unloaded on two people down by the nuke and they all just rushed him after that and all he left was a pile of bodies in front of him. I reloaded the save and he was just fine and I was able to run to my home to place a bobblehead on the stand and he was normal.

More recently I went to give Sierra Petrovita some Quantums I found and after that he looked around as if to see if anyone was watching and then mowed her down with his Gatling Laser! I reloaded that auto-save and he kept doing it! Sometimes he would wait 20 or 30 seconds after I gave her the Quantum or he would just shoot as soon as the game reloaded! Then I tried killing him for killing Sierra and he WOULDN'T DIE! I fired TWO Fatman shots at him and his health didn't lower! I died and I could hear him yelling and firing his gun! So I went over to the guy wants to get into her pants and told him what happened and I killed him in the fight and then decided to try and kill Fawkes again since I wasn't going to save and again, HE WOULD NOT DIE! Two mininukes didn't affect his health what-so-ever!

In order to fix this I reloaded the save and immediatly turned around to go outside and made him wait, gave Sierra the Quantums and left.

Fawkes is especially bad when it comes to playing on Very Hard difficulty. He is just an unstoppable beast. When I was in the Presidential Metro, there were so many Reavers I couldn't kill (and keep in mind this was on Very Hard) and he just mows them down without so much a scratch on him. :eek: Albino Radscorpions, Super Mutant Overlords, Enclave Hellfire Soldiers,...You name it. He'll handle them all with ease and he'll brush off any damage that was done to him. What frustrates me most is when he takes my kills and I wasted so much ammo trying to gain experience points (SynysterMonkey, I know your pain). Darn it, Fawkes!!! :rant: Then again, you gotta love that oaf. He's too awesome with that Gatling Laser. :) And I agree with you Mastershoter, he never dies...lol. Even a mini nuke couldn't kill him.

Edited by KarmaDog214

When I was in the Presidential Metro, there were so many Reavers I couldn't kill (and keep in mind this was on Very Hard) and he just mows them down without so much a scratch on him.

Same here, all the Sentry bots would be gone so all 4 or 5 of the Feral Ghoul Reavers would go ape shit on Fawkes, but she would take a beating like a beast and inflict a lot of damage on them while I couldn't do much because their movements were so erratic.

He really pisses me off when I spend a whole clip from the Terrible Shotgun into an Albino Radscorpion or a Super Mutant Overlord and then he finishes it off when I reload. The first 3 Overlords I found he stole the kill. I resorted to standing in the way of his laser so he couldn't shoot them! I took Laser fire to protect an Overlord and a Radscorpion and a Reaver for God's Sake!

Also, i went back to Megaton last night and he did it again! Twice!

One time on my way to the national army depot ( I don't think that's right it's the place with the Experimental MERV) and she just dropped dead. Nothing around me and her and the message pops up [Fawkes had died] i'm like aww fuck! and reloaded my save.

I was doing "Strictly Business" and I wanted to get Flak and get out without killing anyone in Rivet City.So I get the collar on Flak and everyone goes hostile.Before I even turn around Fawkes has already killed half the town!Shrapnel was unconscious and Fawkes was blocking my way,So when Shrapnel got up and hit me with a mini nuke.I did it over and left Fawkes outside the second time.

Most of the side quests were made very easy because of Fawkes,and the broken steel DLC was a lot easier because of Fawkes.

Edited by shadow sniper

I was doing "Strictly Business" and I wanted to get Flak and get out without killing anyone in Rivet City.So I get the collar on Flak and everyone goes hostile.Before I even turn around Fawkes has already killed half the town!Shrapnel was unconscious and Fawkes was blocking my way,So Shrapnel got up and hit me with a mini nuke.I did it over and left Fawkes outside the second time.

Most of the side quests were made very easy because of Fawkes,and the broken steel DLC was a lot easier because of Fawkes.

I tried killing Sister in his sleep, quietly to see if I could get good karma for it and Fawkes just slaughtered everyone in Rivet City!