Achievement Guide and Road Map

The Pants Party

Nine, ten, what's the difference really? They're both scary enough numbers when it comes to the guides here. The one thing I don't care for is the inclusion of a second difficulty rating based on not doing Flawless Raider. The achievement list is one entity and it has one difficulty level. May as well make a difficulty rating for every other combination of earned and unearned achievements.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nine, ten, what's the difference really? They're both scary enough numbers when it comes to the guides here. The one thing I don't care for is the inclusion of a second difficulty rating based on not doing Flawless Raider. The achievement list is one entity and it has one difficulty level. May as well make a difficulty rating for every other combination of earned and unearned achievements.

I think a lot of people would be happy with knowing they could get everything but that one achievement with a lot less stress and be ok to move on to something else, while the true completionists could see what they are in for.

Nine, ten, what's the difference really? They're both scary enough numbers when it comes to the guides here.

I guess, to me, there's a level of difference between truly hard achievements or completions.

If you say an achievement is a 10/10 in difficulty, then that's essentially as hard as it can get. Nothing can be harder. I'd argue that the True Tyrant in Deathsmiles is the hardest achievement out there and a true 10/10. Therefore, anything else you label as a 10/10 must be as hard. I'm sorry, but Flawless Raider is not as hard as the True Tyrant. Not even the same ballpark, league, or sport. So in order to give it a 10/10, you're minimizing and even trivializing the impact that giving a 10/10 has.

Again, it boils down to what 10/10 means to you and even to this site. If it means "this is pretty hard and most people that play the game won't be able to complete it," then that's substantially different than "this is one of the hardest achievements in all of Xbox and almost nobody will get it."

Honestly, it'll all be moot in a month anyway. When the level cap increases, the achievement will be that much easier and I'll have no choice but to lower the difficulty.

(Granted, not everyone will have the DLC and get to L32, but as a completionist guide, I will take it into account.)

I guess, to me, there's a level of difference between truly hard achievements or completions.

If you say an achievement is a 10/10 in difficulty, then that's essentially as hard as it can get. Nothing can be harder. I'd argue that the True Tyrant in Deathsmiles is the hardest achievement out there and a true 10/10. Therefore, anything else you label as a 10/10 must be as hard. I'm sorry, but Flawless Raider is not as hard as the True Tyrant. Not even the same ballpark, league, or sport. So in order to give it a 10/10, you're minimizing and even trivializing the impact that giving a 10/10 has.

Again, it boils down to what 10/10 means to you and even to this site. If it means "this is pretty hard and most people that play the game won't be able to complete it," then that's substantially different than "this is one of the hardest achievements in all of Xbox and almost nobody will get it."

I'm well-versed in Deathsmiles (one of my favorite games from last-gen), so I understand exactly where you're coming from, that's certainly a more difficult completion overall. I still think that Flawless Raider is up there around a nine or a ten for most people, which you have to take into consideration since the difficulty needs to apply to your average player as opposed to a pro. What's tough about Flawless Raider (besides it's obvious difficulty combined with all of the glitches in the game), is that it's so dependent on the skill of a group of people. Anyway, it's a hard achievement either way. I'd say it's a ten for most folks.

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Skorpion XBA and has been published as the Official XboxAchievements.com Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official XboxAchievements.com Destiny Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 2 weeks later...
Just throwing this out there as a matter of personal opinion but I'm closing in on my last achievement for upgrading the final subclass and I'd say its more like 150-200+ hours to get the full 1000. GG if you manage 1K in 100 hours or less

Definitely, im only at around 120 hours, and the 3 last achievements i have left is Hard raid, raid without dying, and raid with clan members. (Dont count the legendary weapon upgrade, i have all the parts, just need to decide which weapons i want to upgrade :p)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I commented on the 10/10 difficulty back in October before I started this game. I've since completed it and wanted to revisit the discussion.

Flawless raider is actually not that bad right now. Nowhere near a 10/10. Not because the level cap has increased, either. But because Crota's End on normal is not really that hard for a group of four or so competent players.

Flawless Raider on Vault of Glass is way harder, not because of damage related deaths or level restrictions but because of instant death in the Gorgon maze and in the jumping puzzle. And that raid is considerably longer and still has glitches at Atheon.

Crota's End can be done in 20-30 minutes. The abyss is easy. The bridge can still be cheesed and is easy. The thrallway just takes a little care. Deathsinger is where it gets hectic but with some practice, it's not bad at all. And Crota is pretty easy with a couple of gjallarhorns and a Hunter on sword duty.

My group did it with three defender Titans and me as a hunter. We sat down one night and got it on our third try. It's really nowhere near a 10/10 anymore.

I commented on the 10/10 difficulty back in October before I started this game. I've since completed it and wanted to revisit the discussion.

Flawless raider is actually not that bad right now. Nowhere near a 10/10. Not because the level cap has increased, either. But because Crota's End on normal is not really that hard for a group of four or so competent players.

Flawless Raider on Vault of Glass is way harder, not because of damage related deaths or level restrictions but because of instant death in the Gorgon maze and in the jumping puzzle. And that raid is considerably longer and still has glitches at Atheon.

Crota's End can be done in 20-30 minutes. The abyss is easy. The bridge can still be cheesed and is easy. The thrallway just takes a little care. Deathsinger is where it gets hectic but with some practice, it's not bad at all. And Crota is pretty easy with a couple of gjallarhorns and a Hunter on sword duty.

My group did it with three defender Titans and me as a hunter. We sat down one night and got it on our third try. It's really nowhere near a 10/10 anymore.

it was even easier on crotas end before the first set of patches we did it 3 man. invised the lamps did the bridge normal took the thrallway slow and this is when you could sneak in an kill ir yut without her even seeing you then we crushed crota. but I definitely agree crotas end is way easier than VOG!!

• 2 months later...

Just so people know, the level 32, 34, and 35 Prison Of Elders count as raids. This means a flawless run can net you "Flawless Raider" and you could also achieve "Raiding Party" for having the other two people in your clan. So if you really want to do these achievements with the fewest amount of people, POE is your best bet at 3 people.

I just got "Raiding Party" last night by doing a POE run with two other clanmates, so I can confirm this works.

NOTE: Doing these achievements on POE (even the level 32 version) is not the easiest way to achieve "Flawless Raider," because of the modifiers and higher level of the enemies. If you want the easiest raid to do this, Normal difficulty Crota's End is likely your best bet.

• 6 months later...

I came here to ask if POE will count for the achievement for completing a raid with only clan members, because I remember unlocking the complete a raid achievement after beating POE, and now the only achievement I'm missing in the original 1000 is the clan one for a raid.

The guide for Taken King says that Reddit is the best place to go for King's Fall heroic. I'm afraid of that achievement. I beat it on normal but it took us 5 hours. Is the community on Reddit as chill as the community here or on TA for example? I usually make my sessions or join my sessions via TA.

I heard that if I played Destiny on my 360 that all the achievements will pop that I unlocked on my One. Let's say I get 1250 in my xbox one version and then put in the 360 version, I would get 1250? If Bungie releases more achievements in years 3 and 4, and I unlock those on my One, and then I put the 360 game back in, will it update my score from 1250 - 1500 and so on? Or is it a one time deal, and then I'd have to stack? I really hope it's the former.

I came here to ask if POE will count for the achievement for completing a raid with only clan members, because I remember unlocking the complete a raid achievement after beating POE, and now the only achievement I'm missing in the original 1000 is the clan one for a raid.

The guide for Taken King says that Reddit is the best place to go for King's Fall heroic. I'm afraid of that achievement. I beat it on normal but it took us 5 hours. Is the community on Reddit as chill as the community here or on TA for example? I usually make my sessions or join my sessions via TA.

I heard that if I played Destiny on my 360 that all the achievements will pop that I unlocked on my One. Let's say I get 1250 in my xbox one version and then put in the 360 version, I would get 1250? If Bungie releases more achievements in years 3 and 4, and I unlock those on my One, and then I put the 360 game back in, will it update my score from 1250 - 1500 and so on? Or is it a one time deal, and then I'd have to stack? I really hope it's the former.

I think POE will count for that clan achievement, but I know it doesn't count for Flawless Raider. Not sure how Reddit is for lfg groups though.

Yes if you get the full 1250 on XB1 and load up Destiny on the 360 it should work. I'm kind of glad for that so I don't have to buy TTK just for those achievements lol

I think POE will count for that clan achievement, but I know it doesn't count for Flawless Raider. Not sure how Reddit is for lfg groups though.

Yes if you get the full 1250 on XB1 and load up Destiny on the 360 it should work. I'm kind of glad for that so I don't have to buy TTK just for those achievements lol

But if I load it up on my 360 at 1250, let's say more achievements come out and I get them on Xbox One, could I do it again? Or is it like a one time deal, and I'll be stuck with 1250 on my 360 so I'd have to play that game to get new achievements after that?

But if I load it up on my 360 at 1250, let's say more achievements come out and I get them on Xbox One, could I do it again? Or is it like a one time deal, and I'll be stuck with 1250 on my 360 so I'd have to play that game to get new achievements after that?

I don't see anymore achievements coming out until the next big release, Destiny 2. And by then I'd think that would be a whole new list of achievements instead of continuing.

If we get more DLC this year it'll be smaller ones like Dark Below and House of Wolves. I don't see achievements happening.

I don't see anymore achievements coming out until the next big release, Destiny 2. And by then I'd think that would be a whole new list of achievements instead of continuing.

If we get more DLC this year it'll be smaller ones like Dark Below and House of Wolves. I don't see achievements happening.

Bungie said that Destiny is going to be a 10 year thing. I don't think there's going to be a Destiny 2, I think they're just going to keep updating Destiny.

And either way, my question still stands. Let me re-phrase it. If I pop in my 360 version now, while I have 1150/1250, I'll unlock the 1150 on my 360. now let's say I get the 100g I was missing on my One, so I'm at 1250/1250 and I pop in my 360 version. Will that 100g pop or will I have to get it legit?

Edited by Bare Bum Cheeks

I kinda think you're right about there only being one "Destiny" game. They'll just continue to add to it. At least that's my hope.

As for your question, yes, it works exactly like that, and you do not need to own the DLC on the secondary platform to get the achievements.

I kinda think you're right about there only being one "Destiny" game. They'll just continue to add to it. At least that's my hope.

As for your question, yes, it works exactly like that, and you do not need to own the DLC on the secondary platform to get the achievements.

And It's not just a one time thing? I could keep doing it every time I unlock achievements on my XboxOne version?

I believe that's what they're going to do. Keep Destiny going for awhile, there's no need to make a new game. I think they're going to make a huge update annually. This is year 2, year 3 will be different just as year 2 is different than year 1