Clearing a hideout?

Oddish

It said I was nearing a gang hideout (Bollard something...) and when I found it, a bunch of enemies appeared and I killed them all. It still says 0 hideouts cleared in my stats though. What's the goal? What do I need to do to clear a hideout?

there are 7 hideouts... Pike's Basin, Twin Rocks, Tumbleweed, Gaptooth Breach, Fort Mercer(after u finish the story mission),Nosalida, and Tesoro Azul. to "clear" them, once u get close to the hideout of your choice, enemies will spawn in/around the area. also some helpful NPC's might spawn. just kill all the guys and/or complete little mini-objectives to finish the hideout.

Hello.

Just looking for an answer to something that has been bugging me for most of the day. How do I recognise a Gang Hideout on my map? Do I have to go out of my way in order to complete them for the achievements, or will they come with story progression? I have the first three in New Austin completed, but I had found the locations so it wasn't so difficult. I know where Tumbleweed hideout is, which I have yet to complete - I'm just unsure as to where the hideouts in Mexico are.

Any help would be appreciated.

The hideouts don't show up on the singleplayer map, but they're in the same places as the multiplayer ones. Also, if you got the map in your game case, there's a danger icon on all the locations with hideouts.

You often need to do the story mission at the hideout first before you can clear it. The enemies are there if you go beforehand, but unless it gives you an objective "Meet somebody outside the hideout" or "Kill the whatever gang" when you get close to the hideout, you can't clear it yet.