Strategy for 1000 AD achievement. (Really, really works)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keshik rush works magic ! on my very first try.

I beat the game in 1600BC but it could have been much earlier but I feared Germans would have stronger defence but they had one Archer army and two additional Archer units. at the end of the game I had like 11 cities, about 22 Keshik (I lost only one army during whole game, lolz.) armies and 2 Catapult armies.

An excellent strategy. Just rounded up this last achievement with Keshiks, Keshiks and and nothing but Keshiks. Of course there was luck involved that all opponents were on the same land mass but so what. Last enemy capital was conquered in 1100 BC.I five-star this thread and thank thee. :)

Had a very similar game to this one. All Keshniks and everyone one the same island. It was just a matter of finding the enemy, after that I just pounded them to the floor. After getting 3 towns (2 converted barbarian ones) I pumped out 3 Keshniks per turn and became virtually unstoppable =D

I did not loose a final unit in the entire scenario. Wish all victories could be this easy =P

/Domantos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This strategy is really good. Realistically, the Mongols expand the fastest, which is great.

Works great! Thanks a lot man, I have been trying for this one for a long time!

...Now if I could just get a Deity cultural win I'd have this game done!

If you want the Deity Cultural, do "Beta Centauri" as Greeks. They start with a Courthouse and make expanding a lot easier. Build as many temples and cathedrals as possible. I was able to do Economic and Cultural with "Beta Centauri" just by re-loading a save I made before I built the winning wonders.

Just followed this strategy and won in 400AD. I only had a few Barbarian villages along the way, but 3 of the 4 were on my landmass with Russia two turns away by galleon. I ended up having 20 keshic armies and only needing 4 or 5 to take Moscow. I did use a spy ring to destroy fortifications first though. And I took out the other Russian city by the water so I could get to Moscow, might've spread their forces too thin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The strategy described in the OP worked a treat for me. On my first attempt I got the win in 100BC against the French, Spanish, Egyptians and Arabs. Probably could have done it quicker, but both the Egyptians and Arabs were on a different land mass from my starting city. Also took each capital using only Keshik armies - no need for spies or catapults.

Finally got 1000G in this one! :)

• 5 months later...

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to say THANKS! for the great strategy. I got this on my first try at 500 BC.

My only suggestion is to go after 1 other AI at a time. Spam those Keshiks every turn with every city. I would suggest going for Writing with a little bit of science, simply because the Spies are great if one or more of the cities were able to get City Walls put up.

Oh, and save OFTEN. I was saving at least every other turn and always after taking someone out.

I honestly can't imagine this method NOT working for anyone, other than perhaps because one of the other AI are on another island...

Just to be sure I understand...Keshik armies for normal cities and catapults for capitals? Or is the key to get to the other cities before they build archers?

NM answered my own question... :)

Edited by Odi
Answered my own question.

Awesome guide, it worked so great it should be illegal.

For those of you guys having some trouble, here's how I did it. I managed to luck out and get all the civs on the same continent.

Here's what I did... Won by 2400BC, never even got to research catapults.

Rushed warrior first turn so I have 2. Sent one north, and one south.

Second turn I rushed a settler, and settled my second city a few tiles away.

After a few turns I found 2 other capitals, and had horseback riding. First thing I did was rushed both city's making Keshiks until I had 2 armies worth, then I started attacking the closest of the 2 enemies.

(every turn still rushing a Keshik at every city I own)

While still attacking the other civ I found, and took 2 barb villages and immediately linked them to my other 2 cities with roads.

Capped my first civ capital, then healed, and grouped those armies up with the other armies I made, and sent 5 towards the second civ.

I managed to take that in 1 turns worth of attacks, and while moving to that city I found another civ.

I sent about 9 armies to the 3rd civ, and had no problems, and while healing I found the last one.

The last civ was the only civ to have more then 1 city, which I took his satellite city before the capital. I also left all of my cities undefended! I was churning out about 3 armies per turn, and with the road network could move them anywhere.

The final civ to fall didn't have any tech better then archers, and didn't have walls. So I never needed any cats. Won by 2400BC.

Edit:

My enemies, and the order I killed them ( just as I found them)

1. Zulu

2. Arab

3. Indian

4. Aztek

Edited by Uriel X

• 1 month later...

worked fine for me, my first try, all citys on same island, no boats needed(whohooo;>) took my first win with mongols and the chievo for NOT changing goverment at the same time, thanks.

Edit: won by 1700BC, no other units then Keshiks, no sience, no food, no nothing. Rush barracks and then Keshiks, worked verry nice for me. if u like, u can change the sience to gold and have a extra small income every turn, Thanks again.

Edited by mister ost
added info ;>

• 2 weeks later...

This stratagy really works well. The Mongol Special Unit does fairly well against 1 single unit of enemy archers. I was able to take out the Egyptians quick with 2 full armys of them and 1 army of soldiers.

After that i used the Mongol Special unit to run around and attack Barb villages and as soon as possible learn Math for Catapults. Once I pumped out several of those was easy pickins.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to get this achievement and it's the last one I need!! :mad:

I've followed like 40 different guides and no matter what, I can get 1 or 2 capitals taken over and then my armies get destroyed by the next set and by then it's near 0 ad and i don't have much more time left.

Do you think it's possible to get this from an online game and the other people just dont build armies?

• 1 month later...

I owned this cheevo with the Zulu. They start with 2 moves per turn. I had 2 cities before my first horseman army. I was done at 400ad. It only took me that long because i went overkill with the armies for the last civ. I didnt even need half of what i brought. Spend your gold on roads, save often and steal settlers.