post here if you beat cod 4 on veteran

Chris764

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only three achievements I needed to beat the game on veteran were Mile High Club, Ultimatum, and Deep and Hard. I only played the game through on veteran, not Hardened, so I didn't have Deep and Hard either. I saw someone on my friends list had Ultimatum and Deep and Hard, so I was like well shit, maybe I should try again. So after about 45 minutes, I beat NFITWR on Hardened and got Deep and Hard. I thought I had put it on Veteran, but was mistaken and that sort of pissed me off because I had to do it again. Well about an hour later, I finally beat NFITWR on Veteran. I was so fucking ecstatic. I had spent hours upon hours trying to beat this mission before, but I was always so slow and never had any checkpoints and yet today, I beat it twice in two hours. So awesome.

I decided to try Mile High Club since it was the only achievement I had left, but was only gonna try once, otherwise I woulda pulled my hair out in frustration. Well once didn't work, so I kept on going and going, getting so lucky and making it to the point where you are at the double doors twice times, but one time I ran out of time and once I had plenty of time but got caught on something and I ran out. That pissed me off. Three times I got to the end of the last corridor only to miss a knife and get killed.

I kept on trying and trying until finally, FINALLY I made it to the hostage. Now I'd only gotten to this point twice before after over 10 hours of trying total. Both times I shot the hostage in the head. This time I was ready. I waited until there was a 1 second left. He moved his head to the left that little bit and BAM MOTHAFUCKA HEADSHOT.

I literally jumped up and down. These last achievements kicked my ass in the past and I managed to get all of em today in under 3 hours. You can't begin to imagine how awesome it feels, unless you've done it too.

For those who read all of this, thanks. You too should join in on my happiness.

Harder than I was expecting but managable, I managed to get the full 1000 about 2 weeks after it was on the shelves here but that's because my internet went down after two days of online play, got a red tiger ACOG MP5 in the first evening of play

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd make this my first post:

'Wahoo!!!'

sorry, but i just did the mile high club on veteran (meaning i've now completed the game 100% on veteran)

I'm buzzin, seriously i need to calm down.

I must have shot the hostage in the head previously about 5 times so practiced on recruit (as that part alone is a checkpoint on recruit).

Worked. Well happy...

so...I'd like to thank the academy...and so to the posts on here which helped me out through tough times (no fighting in the war room).

Just. so. happy. haha. sad isnt it?

I beat it on Veteran back when the game came out. I played my first time through on veteran as well. Toughest 2 areas of the game for me were the ferris wheel standoff (ugh just thinking about it) and the second to last level, (timed part - no fighting in the war room level). Mile high club on veteran though was without a doubt way harder than the campaign. It took me approx. 10 hours just to do mile high club which when all is said and done, is accomplished in under 1 minute. Only way I could get it without shooting the stupid hostage was finally just jumping towards the terrorist and shooting him point blank. I wish I would've known about that trick before. Would've saved me about 7 hours!

Personally, I think the mile high club was one of the hardest single achievements there is. I was very glad when I finally go to jump out of that plane and watch the achievement pop. The rest of the game has some very difficult parts, but not a lot more than others I've played.