Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran

kormac

Looks like you got through it, Def. But I can still post a quick strategy fro destroying the plains in the end of "Rommel's Last Stand".

When you enter the courtyard with the flak gun, stick to the RIGHT side! There is a truck there for cover if you need it. Run behind the truck when it gets hairy and be sure to kill Germans to the right and behind the Flak Gun or they'll kill you when you use it. As soon as you see the first plane on the horizon, make a break for the flak gun. You'll be able to get there if you killed the German behind and to the right of you. Any in the front of the gun won't matter much. Shoot down the planes and you've won the mission. Shooting them down isn't hard, just be sure to get the closest ones first or they'll bomb the crap out of you.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
w00t ive finally beaten this damn game 1000gp for me :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

My anger. I don't think I will ever beat this game. I went and beat the German HQ one and then started on the American Missions. I got stuck on the Silo mission. Tehn I noticed that for some reason it didn't give me points for the german HQ one.

I know have to beat it gain, and I am stuck on it.

And it's always the stupidest crap. I had cleared all the germans from the field and I was walking around the bottom of the German Building looking for people that could sneak up on me. I then proceded to throw grenades into the top room. Right as the first grenade explodes, a bastard comes in and kills me. I never remember anything like that happening the first time through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have 1000/1000, and now my list...

10. Silo (the whole level!)

9. Silo (Your "teammates" never ever cover your back... EVER!)

8. Silo (Krauts always get headshot no matter how far or bad of an angle)

7. Silo (Your dumb teammates running in to the line of fire/grenades from you!)

6. Silo (The lone Kraut to climb the tower and beat you down while you try to kill the attacking mortar crews!)

5. Silo (Throwing back you own grenade at you [thank you COD 3].)

4. Silo (Campin' Hun namely the one in the top level of buildings!)

3. Silo (Krauts still shooting and not just in the body, but in the HEAD through SMOKE!)

2. Silo (mortar crew attacks)

1. Silo (Krauts respawning in .3 seconds... After you throw a smoke grenade to cover your approach onto the porch, and then throwing a grenade threw the window and then jump on in only to get get butt of a rifle to the back from you guessed it the kraut you just heard scream and pain and die.. DIE!!!! I had nightmares about that for months. I screamed "Jesus Christ there's Kraut everywhere!" ask my girlfriend.)

I found the rest of the game to be a breeze other than Silo *CRIES SELF TO SLEEP WHILE SUCKING ON THUMB* even on Veteran most i got done in my first run through. D-Day was also a bit of a bitch... stupid Kraut and their damn guns! Well now I have COD 3 to beat.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say on the silo mission, the hardest part is taking any of the buildings past the first one. It was nearly impossible took me a weekend to get lucky enough to get through.

Another hard one was the actual Silo sniping, it was hard to pick off those mortars quickly enough.

Finally, I must say the HQ attack is hard, but not impossible, gonna try it tomorrow

luckily I beat COD 3 on veteran earlier, so this doesnt frustrate me nearly as badly

howd'y, Just thought i'd put up my Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran.

1. Final charge by the Germans across the square in the Russian campaign (did the first wave and nearly completed the second wave before chickening out and hiding in the staircase on the right side and blasting anyone who came in)

2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

4. Shooting down planes (got grenaded so many times it made me panic and miss when i managed to survive the initial attack)

5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly! :)

7. Mortar teams on Hill 400 (at first it was butchery, but once i realised the pattern of sneaking around the perimeter using the shelters for cover and getting into a rythmn, i was quickly on top of the situation. if i didn't figure this out, i would have continued to try and cut across the field thereby getting mowed down all the time!)

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.

Pretty much the same for me but the one that gave me the most grief is when your El alamein and your in the car and you get ambushed and you get past the bit when the gate opens and it must have taken me 5000 goes to get the next check point.

Another one was when your on the battle of hill 400 and you have to wait for reinforcements, pretty much everytime right near the end within the minute i die :mad: and when i was told to take cover from the planes and german bombers i was in the middle and couldnt run quick enough..need some new legs even though running with a gun and uniform im imagining isn't easy:p

Another hard one was the actual Silo sniping, it was hard to pick off those mortars quickly enough.

luckily I beat COD 3 on veteran earlier, so this doesnt frustrate me nearly as badly

Hmm...it is a hard part but i managed to do it, mostly when you shoot one of the people in the head if you aim at both people you can take them both out in one shot, also i'm always on Team Snipers on halo 2:p

A tip i used in the sniping is when you hear a mortar coming move to the edge and go around.

And gratz for COD3 :p

• 2 weeks later...

I am now near Caen in the Tiger level. Damn I am in a fucked up place. I think it's point E. It's a big building wear the germans are camping. I have to find away through the bushes at the right. But then they still get respawning. I tried about 10 times, tommorow I will complete it and rush the building out. I don't like places where they respawn for ever.

The silo mission i find to be the hardest, when u have cleared all the houses and the German HQ then ya go ontop of that damn Silo and have to take out the mortar teams and advancing troops, now i was playing that part for hours and hours eventually i gave up and played the last 4 missions on Hard difficulty which to me was easy. So now i am faced with the daunting task of doing the Silo mission again along with the other 3 missions which to me i think are ok hopefully. As at mo i have only them 4 missions to do to get my 1000/1000.