Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Confirmed that all the ones specific to Season/Franchise mode can be 100% simmed. This includes 17 wins in a row even though the wording sort of implies that you have to play the games.

Confirmed that the two playoff mode achievements can be 100% simmed ( only 4 teams needed for NHL playoff; remember to switch to International teams for the Intl. tournament and replace all the good teams by Kazhakstan and the like :p).

Simming does not count for the win in front of a sell out, so I went back to my franchise and played the last home game of Stanley Cup figuring that was bound to be a sellout.

Confirmed that the two playoff mode achievements can be 100% simmed ( only 4 teams needed for NHL playoff; remember to switch to International teams for the Intl. tournament and replace all the good teams by Kazhakstan and the like :p).

Actually you don't even have to do that, you can make all 4 teams in the playoff human controlled, then sim all games and still get the achievement. :)

Can the rank be boosted on this game or no.

From what I can tell, no. If you pick "ranked" in the game setup, then it picks an opponent for you.

You can quit without penalty before the puck drop, so presumably you could repeat this matchmaking procedure hoping to get matched up with your boosting buddy, but I haven't been able to test this.

It's been a week. Has ANY internet genius figured out a way to speed up the pure hell of playing 50 games?

I've tried shootout mode hoping for a reprieve of 2K7 where it counted as a game, but alas, t'was not to be. I of course do one minute quarters, but with load times and whatnot that's still five minutes a game.

Five minutes times 500 games is 2,500 minutes, and I am sure not enamored at grinding another four hundred games of this pure hell.

Does anyone know if the Achievement where you have to sweep the Stanley Cup has to be done with the Islanders? I did it with the Sharks twice and no Achievement!

if you did it in franchise mode, it should unlock once you continue into the next season. it doesnt unlock right after the game, its as you go into the next game like the Penguins achievement.

I remember last year for all the goals/points achievements I would use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the 2nd controller. There was a way of doing it quickly with the controller like Dpad then RB or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I can't find any way of doing that this year though, just going into the menu and doing it which is a pain. Anyone know how to do it while in game?

I remember last year for all the goals/points achievements I would use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the 2nd controller. There was a way of doing it quickly with the controller like Dpad then RB or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I can't find any way of doing that this year though, just going into the menu and doing it which is a pain. Anyone know how to do it while in game?

1. Start an exhibition game

2. Put as many controllers as you can on the other side (three is best, less AI players to get in your face while you're trying to score)

3. When the game starts, on one of the dummy controllers go into Options / Controller / Controller Setup. Put Goalie control to Manual, then for position changed it to Goalie Fixed. This means this controller will ALWAYS be the goalie

4. Now put a rubber band around the left analog stick of this controller so that the stick tilts to the right or left side.

5. Now unpause the game and begin playing. The rubber banded stick will always move the goalie away from the goal so you don't have to keep on pausing and pulling the goalie

6. Now score 894 goals and 2000 points and have fun dying of boredom

Edited by TrishTheDish