Gamestop pre-order question?

DeWare94

All the games I preorder at EBgames don't give you the preorder exclusive stuff until the game is released. The only time they didn't was when I preordered Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me the steel case right then and there.

Codes are never on a receipt here, it's always some special card.

We always pre-order from Amazon. GS never includes our bonus stuff, a receipt was never included in any of our orders, and customer service was generally awful (one customer rep even gave my hubbs the 3rd degree for being a soldier). Amazon has been awesome w quick shipping and is always on top of the game w emailing DLC codes.

What did the GS employee say when he found out your husband is a soldier? Was he really liberal and snooty because he disagreed with what the military was doing or something?

All the games I preorder at EBgames don't give you the preorder exclusive stuff until the game is released. The only time they didn't was when I preordered Assassin's Creed 3 and they gave me the steel case right then and there.

Codes are never on a receipt here, it's always some special card.

Yea, its funny that someone mentioned that its printed in receipts. I guess thats true in the US but here in Canada, we still get our preorder stuff on seperate cards (that has the code printed on it) that they give when you pick up the game.

Edited by Rapture639

Yea, its funny that someone mentioned that its printed in receipts. I guess thats true in the US but here in Canada, we still get our preorder stuff on seperate cards (that has the code printed on it) that they give when you pick up the game.

Gamestop owns Ebgames but runs things differently in Canada for some reason as opposed to running it all together. We have CanAm days here and when Canadians come into my store we can offer them the power up card, or protection plans on anything they buy as it would be useless up there which is dumb and has been brought up at almost every conference call i have been on in the last 3 years. There is still some games that you get the card, but normally they are in the game already.

Yep. All just depends on the game.

It's not the game its if Gamestop has it in the System. Once it's in your able to preorder it. My store was taking preorders for Halo 4 the next day after it was first announced last year. Look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier, had that in the system before the first time the beta went public and its gone through a second beta and finally a release 2 years later.

• 3 months later...