The Call not unlocking:

I started over so I'm trying again.

I will keep everyone posted.

I restarted My Player mode. Kept all of the settings the same. Didn't change my jersey # or position.

The Sombrero achievement just popped. I will keep you posted on the others.

You likely have to restart.

I got "The Call" and the achievement you get for being player of the game in an MLB game on Pro without messing with the sliders. I then decided that I wanted to mess with the sliders so I could start hitting like a machine and quickly jack my stats up. Point is: with custom sliders I got the achievement you get for coming through in a clutch moment in the MLB. Haven't played much since so I don't know what other My Player achievements pop with custom sliders.

Other non-My Player achievements I've got with custom sliders:

The Perfect game/No hitter achievement

Hit for the Cycle achievement

Steal a base w/ a Pitcher

I've gotten all My Player achievements on Custom; well, not counting HOF which will take forever.

A tip for the back to back World Series; join the team that won the year before. They will probably have the team goal of back to back, so by winning the World Series once you will get both World Series achievements, plus the Team Goal one. If you then demand a trade at the start of your second season, selecting the team with the worst* roster, you will get Rank 1 as soon as you play one game. Then play one game against your old team for the home run and you have everything except the Hall of Fame in just over one season.

If you don't really want to get traded to a crappy team you can always do this on an extra save. Sadly the worst team in my Franchise was the Cubs, and being a lifelong fan I actually wanted the trade.

* to be clear "worst" means the team who's highest ranked player has the lowest overall ranking. This is how the game judges, even if it makes no sense that some 90 ranked middle reliever with no stamina and an 80 mph fastball is considered better than an 88 shortstop with power.

took me 11 games to get called up. i didn't have any issues and got the achievo as soon as i met all of my requirements. i'm not sure where people are having the issues. i've never met a glitchy achievement on a MLB 2K game......except ONE (here is a link to my video: http://www.youtube.com/user/RTRDmayhem?feature=mhum#p/u/21/ZuAOm4naFms)

I had no problems with last years game... but for some reason this game is having trouble...

Mine wouldnt pop anything for me last year, I got a guy all the way to an 85 and not achievements so I deleted and started over. On my second go round everything popped no problem. I think this must be a bug that happens to some people that they havent fixed from last year. Sigh.

I got called up to pitch but apparently I was not permanently called up because the next season after spring training with the MLB team I was sent back down to AAA. After 5 games in AAA I was permanently called up and the achievement unlocked.

So if you get called up but the next season you are sent back down to AAA that is why your achievement did not unlock. You have to become a permanent call up. Hope this helps a little.

• 3 weeks later...

This bugged on me the first time, as well. So I just deleted my character and started a new one...it really doesn't take to long to get called up especially if you're a pitcher. So I played my new character, and just before I new I was going to get called up, I made a few extra saves in case it didn't unlock for me again. This time I got the achievement immediately, and didn't even need my saves...lol...go figure.

• 3 months later...
This bugged on me the first time, as well. So I just deleted my character and started a new one...it really doesn't take to long to get called up especially if you're a pitcher. So I played my new character, and just before I new I was going to get called up, I made a few extra saves in case it didn't unlock for me again. This time I got the achievement immediately, and didn't even need my saves...lol...go figure.

Did you adjust the sliders at all or leave it on Pro??