Which Edition are you buying?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which Edition are you buying?

• Assassin's Creed III Vanilla
    • Assassin's Creed III: Special Edition
    • Assassin's Creed III: Join or Die Edition
    • Assassin's Creed III: Freedom Edition

I live in Belgium and I can pre-order:

* ACIII: Special edition (€64,98):The Special Edition features a retail copy of the game and special packaging. In-game content included is one exclusive single player mission (A Dangerous Secret). mission reward: A Pirates Musket.

* ACIII: Join or Die Edition (€74,98): The Join Or Die Edition features a retail copy of the game, a collector box, Connor's medallion (The medallion of the Assassins with its high-quality curd ladle), George Washington's Notebook. In-game content included is one exclusive single player mission (Ghost of War) mission reward: An Indianenwapen - The battleclub of Pontiac and an additional multiplayer character (Sharpshooter).

* ACIII: Freedom Edition (€99,98): The Freedom Edition features a retail copy of the game in a steelbook case with cover art drawn by award-winning comic artist Alex Ross, a collector box, George Washington's Notebook, a 24-cm high-quality figurine of the protagonist Connor and an exclusive lithograph. In-game content included is two exclusive single player missions (Ghost of War & Lost Mayan Ruins) and an additional multiplayer character (Sharpshooter).

(Ghost of War) mission reward - Weapon unlock: An Indianenweapon - The battleclub of Pontiac

(Lost Mayan Ruins) Mission reward- weapon unlock: kortelas van kapitein Kidd (sword)

But I have no idea which one I should take.

The fact they make different Special Editions is all fine by me, I don't really care about George Washington's Notebook or Connor's medallion or any of that.

But I'm disgusted by the fact that they're gonna leave out some single player missions...I mean that's reading a book with 12 chapters and chapter 4 & 8 are missing.

Another thing I would like to know:

Will you be able to get those weapons you unlock from the single player missions (A Dangerous Secret, Ghost of War & Lost Mayan Ruins) be available later in the game if you haven't bought any of the special editions?

Edited by BSH 1975

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of getting the Freedom edition.. until I saw how expensive it is. Also, I usually buy all of my games from ShopTo.net and currently they only have pre-orders for the standard and Join or Die editions. So I guess we'll see!

The single player missions are probably like the Vlad mission in Revelations, not important to the story in any way, but nice to play through and provide a powerful weapon.

Edited by DeanBriggz

I was thinking of getting the Freedom edition.. until I saw how expensive it is. Also, I usually buy all of my games from ShopTo.net and currently they only have pre-orders for the standard and Join or Die editions. So I guess we'll see!

The single player missions are probably like the Vlad mission in Revelations, not important to the story in any way, but nice to play through and provide a powerful weapon.

Yeah, to bad I didn't get those Vlad missions...

Well, I pre-ordered the special edition, I think that musket will come in handy.

What I really liked about AC was the sword fights, And in Revelation i'm being shot to many ways lol... I sure hope they'll keep that in the game...I don't want it to turn into some First person shooter.

Does Conner has a sword? or just the tomahawk, a bow and that pistol.

I might get the special edition, not sure yet.

But I really don't like how they have several different side missions for each edition.

I could see them doing like the same one for each, but several different ones?

Oh well guess I'll just have to deal with it lol.

I always go with plain vanilla nowadays. They are easier to trade back in. Special editions sometimes have a lower trade in value because there isn't as much demand for them in the used market.

(My trade in behavior doesn't affect my love of the AC series though. I trade all my games in as soon as I'm done playing them, keeping only a couple for playing multiplayer with friends.)

I might get the special edition, not sure yet.

But I really don't like how they have several different side missions for each edition.

I could see them doing like the same one for each, but several different ones?

Oh well guess I'll just have to deal with it lol.

I agree, They did the same with L.A. Noir.

Different special editions with every one had a different DLC

Later they released the L.A. Noir - The complete edition which contained every DLC.

The only thing I want is Washingtons Notebook. Halseys Journal in the Halo Reach Limited/Legendary Editions was Fantastic!

I'm sure all the missions will be released as DLC, so I'm not worried about that, and I don't have room for another Statue.

But we'll probably only get the Special Edition here in the US, just like with Revelations.

The only thing I want is Washingtons Notebook. Halseys Journal in the Halo Reach Limited/Legendary Editions was Fantastic!

I'm sure all the missions will be released as DLC, so I'm not worried about that, and I don't have room for another Statue.

But we'll probably only get the Special Edition here in the US, just like with Revelations.

What's so special in Washingtons notebook?

Also what's so fantastic about Halseys journal?

On second thoughts I might just wait it out, but it's a tough call. Kinda pissed me off how the AC Revelations Ottoman edition came out this month (I think) with all DLC and pre-order bonuses included - and I'm not gonna pay 800 MS points for The Lost Archive >_<

Maybe they'll do the same for AC3, who knows.

The fact they make different Special Editions is all fine by me, I don't really care about George Washington's Notebook or Connor's medallion or any of that.

But I'm disgusted by the fact that they're gonna leave out some single player missions...I mean that's reading a book with 12 chapters and chapter 4 & 8 are missing.

Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading the third edition. I was thinking all mission add-ons will be available, but it's obviously not. Wonder if it will be an incentive to pre-order from a specific retailer and hope they include the missing content?

At the moment, I am not phased by what is available, but the Join or Die edition will be right up my ally.

Have they even annouced the editions in the country where the game is set yet? Because if any of these aren't available I will personally send an email to Ubisoft cussing at them many many times... Then after they won't even read it... ANYWAYS I'd buy the Freedom Edition because it's name is my favorite word, is a very important philosophy for the Assassins, oh and it's loaded with stuff.

I would love to get a statue of Connor to add to my CE statues.

But I'm going to stop buying collectors editions.

The money I save I can put towards another game, and in return I can put said money that wasn't spent towards my PC or my car...

Don't get me wrong I love CE but I got to stop buying them. Just isn't worth it.