Dead Island: Riptide

Gackt

1. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2720
  2. More zombies
  3. Glitches or no glitches, Dead Island was a surprise hit for many
  4. MOAR ZOMBIES

I just hope they don't release a "Game of the Year" edition again, especially when it was nowhere near GotY quality.

I for one am looking forward to this game.

1. http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2720
  2. More zombies
  3. Glitches or no glitches, Dead Island was a surprise hit for many
  4. MOAR ZOMBIES

I just hope they don't release a "Game of the Year" edition again, especially when it was nowhere near GotY quality.

I for one am looking forward to this game.

There are a lack of zombie games, therefor the few that there are will get more praise than they deserve.

But yeah...I can see how the go to point a, get item, bring it back to point b over and over and over on a small map while trying to avoid countless glitches qualifies it as a surprise hit.

Mixed in with the awful voice acting and some of the lamest designed characters ever...I can totally understand why so many people liked this game.

But with Techlands flawless record of top quality games, this will definitely be another smash hit!

I tried to enjoy the first one, I put in way more hours than I wanted to trying to force myself to enjoy it and look past all the issues but there were just too many.

Lastly, thanks for the link but nobody will even know that sub forum exists until this game is much closer to release which is not anytime soon, no reason we can't discuss it in the games section.

Edited by Gackt

1)http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2720

This is a game section where you can speak about games.

2)More zombies

I fail to see your point...

3)Glitches or no glitches, Dead Island was a surprise hit for many

For about 15 minutes, then people traded it in

4)MOAR ZOMBIES

Really? Same point twice? :p

Personally I thought dead island was one of those "blown out of proportion" games where it was made out to be this amazing game and "innovative" games ... When it wasn't really..

I'll probably rent it .. Or if it's an arcade game I'll try the trial.

1)http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2720

This is a game section where you can speak about games.

2)More zombies

I fail to see your point...

3)Glitches or no glitches, Dead Island was a surprise hit for many

For about 15 minutes, then people traded it in

4)MOAR ZOMBIES

Really? Same point twice? :p

Personally I thought dead island was one of those "blown out of proportion" games where it was made out to be this amazing game and "innovative" games ... When it wasn't really..

I'll probably rent it .. Or if it's an arcade game I'll try the trial.

Someone is trolling hard. Like the first trailer for Dead Island I found this one amazing to watch and then am reminded how many people disliked the game. =/

Someone is trolling hard. Like the first trailer for Dead Island I found this one amazing to watch and then am reminded how many people disliked the game. =/

lol, I hate when a trailer gets me excited about a game and then it ends up sucking. Though as popular as the zombie theme is...don't know why there are yet to be any good zombie games...hopefully that will change in the future(pretty sure there are some next gen ones planned)

I must of been one of the lucky few because I encountered no bugs, no glitches, no mishaps Etc. I loved the game, 4 player co-op was awesome. It was my favorite game of 2011. Can't wait for Riptide day one for me :)

Not a single issue? That is lucky lol.

Half the time I spent trying to just connect with my friends. I'll definitely give Riptide a try...not thrilled about it being the same cast of unlikable characters though lol.

actually i didnt find that trailer nearly as amazing as the original Dead Island was. this one was pretty good, but i thought the backwords hotel scene + music was perfect. also was a nice easter egg if you found that couple at the start of the game (left of spawn).

funny timing, because i actually hopped back on dead island within this past week. if you look past all those bugs (which is hard to do) it was a great game at its core, just a little sloppy imo. i will for sure try out "riptide," just hoping its much more polished. also, that game SUCKS ASS solo. ive never played a game where the experience changed that hard, from co-op to solo.

i will never forget the first day of release on that game, i left that straw hut to start my epic zombie killing playthru. i kicked a beachball and was promptly laid on my ass / dead... omg it was so bad i couldnt stop laughing, "really a beachball!?"

I bought Dead Island day one, and found that dying was a common occurence, and losing money for it? Killed and mugged by zombies who must have been chavs. Either way, I enjoyed it and managed 2 plays of it. Not the best game by any means, but I enjoyed it. Don't remember any game breaking bugs/glitches either.

Not a single issue? That is lucky lol.

Half the time I spent trying to just connect with my friends. I'll definitely give Riptide a try...not thrilled about it being the same cast of unlikable characters though lol.

2 playthroughs - 1000gs and not one single issue I was playing within a group of 4 aswell and neither of us had any problems.... It is a shame about the cast though I agree. Non have the character have any likable atributes. Not saying they're all boring but they have nothing that makes me go "YAY! get to play as Logan again WoopWoop!" Haha

I got screwed by the first game, and subsequent email to Techland. So, this is a "not a chance" purchase for me.

I player for about 40 hours, got to chapter 11 with 3 guys. We quit for the night. Next day turned it on and it kept freezing when I loaded the save. Long story short, lost all my time spent. Emailed Techland got a canned response that said "We're sorry about you issue. There may be a patch in the next year that will solve that issue, or you could always start a new game."

Yeah, those were there exact words. Needless to say took it back, got my money back (the manager of Gamestop had heard about all the issues and considered it defective) and I got something else and moved one.

Not going to fool me twice.

I'm with Wildmn on this one. I was lucky enough to get through my first playthrough with little trouble then I got the glitch that wouldn't let me load my character. Months passed and no update. Sold it, because I couldn't finish and wasn't starting all over. I went through solo and it was pretty rough.

That trailer was cute but had none of the emotional imapct the trailer for the first game had. They got my attention with the first trailer and lost it after the first game broke down on me. If Techland wants to sell me this game, make a trailer that is nothing more than a list of shit that is fixed for the sequel and a phone number I can call to get my money back if it's broken. I think my gaming cynicism hit an all time high after this game, it was the straw that broke the camels back.

I'm not ranting for the hell of it, I loved this game, it was almost on par with Borderlands for me. After it fucked up and reading the hundreds of responses on their Facebook page and seeing all the people with unplayable games and them not making a response, I think they're my most hated developer.

TL/DR: Faith in Techland to make a functional game and or fix it within a reasonable timeline: -10

Edited by WalterWhite

Am I the only person here who actually enjoyed dead island from start to finish? :L

i enjoyed the game, especially on co-op with buddies. however, i didnt enjoy all the bugs i ran into. i thought the game was great in theory, just sloppy in execution. i loved the idea of a zombie RPG, tbh i just wish it played better.

maybe they should just stick to making zombie webisodes.

:p

I got Dead Island from day one as well. I experienced small glitches, but nothing that affected my gameplay severely. The only real issue I had was having to basically do the Gladiator School achievement twice for the achievement to pop.

OT: I probably won't preorder like I did last time, but I'll still get it.

I got the GOTY of this game for 15 Pounds and played it for over 60 hours, did all the achievements (plus DLC) and had during the whole time only one glitch (unreachable enemy behind a will that had to be killed for story progression). Seems like they managed to handle most of the glitches in the game with the 1.3.0 patch if you ask me (ok, you don't ;))

Oh and by the way, where does all the hate for this game come from? Of course it's a rip-off of other games - but hell, this game lives by its intense atmosphere and dark mood!

• 1 month later...