Smartglass Achievements

IT WORKS :woop:

WooHooooooo 2000g

Poss 1st on x360a :Bounce: The rest of the people on the leaderboard (x360a) are all still on 1940g so it looks like I am haha

Smartglass is actually very well implemented for use on the app but most of all I'm finally glad to get the 100% on it

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just fired up smartglass on my WindowsPhone 8 (HTC 8X) when on the xbox dashboard and used it to it actually start up the sesame street app in the "recently played" section and it brings up a really well put together sesame street menu

I used it to launch an episode and got 1st achievement

Once in an episode you can press a new camera icon to take upto 5 shots and get the 2nd achievement

For the last achievement simply go through the episodes on the phone smartglass and click on a chapter. It will ask to play or add to playlist so do the playlist option and then head back to the app main menu and then into playlist and once you click on the one you added it will pop straight away

Edited by IEvil IMonkey

Well, that sucks for the rest of us with lowly WP7's....fancy only making it work for Windows 8! Have to wait til my phone upgrade comes through in a few months...

It's BS if you ask me, us WP7 users get the secondary treatment if this isn't sorted out soon then i'm gonna start worrying that it's just a windows 8 exclusive.

This is why I refuse to buy it, easy gamerscore or not. I don't own a compatible phone, I don't own a tablet, I don't have Windows 8. If I can't get all the gamerscore, I'm not going to buy it at all. Fuck Microsoft and their fucking Smartglass.

after some troubleshooting on twitter i tried it on a windows 7 phone after many failed attempts on the nexus 7 and iphone 5 and what do u know on the windows 7 phone it worked ! and whats even werider after it registered my windows 7 phone and gave me the achievments it now magically works on the iphone and nexus too. Maybe you need a windows product to launch it first to authorize it to other devices i have no idea but they unlocked so.

after some troubleshooting on twitter i tried it on a windows 7 phone after many failed attempts on the nexus 7 and iphone 5 and what do u know on the windows 7 phone it worked ! and whats even werider after it registered my windows 7 phone and gave me the achievments it now magically works on the iphone and nexus too. Maybe you need a windows product to launch it first to authorize it to other devices i have no idea but they unlocked so.

Thanks I read this tried it, it worked yay finally 2000G on this game :woop:

anyway heres my detailed solution to all 3 if the achievement guide creator wants to use them go right ahead.

hopefully it works for anyone that tries

Loading episode:

This is current as of 1/15/13 and might be changed in the future. After numerous attempts on this on an iphone 5 and nexus 7 with no success i tried with a Windows Phone 7. I went into the smartglass app, went to the bing search, searched sesame street tv and loaded the app. Once in the app i clicked the big box that said "Your Interactive episodes". I hovered over elmozilla and hit play once the episode loaded the achievement unlocked. After i did this the app magically worked on the iphone 5 and nexus 7 but didnt before trying it with my windows phone 7. Im not sure if you need to use a windows phone 7 to activate yourself in the system or something but thats the only way i got that to work. Will update solution as more devices are known to unlock the achievement.

Devices i have seen unlock it so far:

Windows Phone 7

Windows Phone 8

Photos:

This is current as of 1/15/13 and might be changed in the future. After numerous attempts on this on an iphone 5 and nexus 7 with no success i tried with a Windows Phone 7. I went into the smartglass app, went to the bing search, searched sesame street tv and loaded the app. Once in the app i clicked the big box that said "Your Interactive episodes". I hovered over elmozilla hit play once in the episode i just clicked the camera icon on the phone and the achievement unlocked. After i did this the app magically worked on the iphone 5 and nexus 7 but didnt before trying it with my windows phone 7. Im not sure if you need to use a windows phone 7 to activate yourself in the system or something but thats the only way i got that to work. Will update solution as more devices are known to unlock the achievement.

Windows Phone 7

Windows Phone 8

Playlist:

This is current as of 1/15/13 and might be changed in the future. After numerous attempts on this on an iphone 5 and nexus 7 with no success i tried with a Windows Phone 7. I went into the smartglass app, went to the bing search, searched sesame street tv and loaded the app. Once in the app i clicked the big box that said "Your Interactive episodes". I hovered over elmozilla hit chapter selected then added the farm chapter and elomzilla chapter to the playlist. I then went into the playlist by returning to the main menu and scrolling right until i saw it. I then hit play all and the achievement unlocked. After i did this the app magically worked on the iphone 5 and nexus 7 but didnt before trying it with my windows phone 7. Im not sure if you need to use a windows phone 7 to activate yourself in the system or something but thats the only way i got that to work. Will update solution as more devices are known to unlock the achievement.

Windows Phone 7

Windows Phone 8

Windows Phone 7

interesting i was talking to xbox support on twitter and they think this might only be windows phone exclusive but they are not sure. At least from my expereince nothing else would work until i used the windows phone 7. Its like you need to be registered in the system from a windows phone.

Once in an episode you can press a new camera icon to take upto 5 shots and get the 2nd achievement

I did this, and the Achievement didn't unlock. Can anybody help? I'm using WP7. Thanks.

EDIT: NVM, I checked, and it turns out I did get it. Thanks to everybody who helped us out.

Edited by Clarissalover

I'm still unable to get these to unlock on my Windows Phone 7. I can get the smartglass app to run, I just can't get it to actually talk to the program. It never says there is anything playing, I press play and nothing ever happens. I've tried a few times and am just not sure why it won't work.

I'm still unable to get these to unlock on my Windows Phone 7. I can get the smartglass app to run, I just can't get it to actually talk to the program. It never says there is anything playing, I press play and nothing ever happens. I've tried a few times and am just not sure why it won't work.

Turn your phone off and on, load Smartglass again. That was how it worked for me on my wp8.

First rule of solving IT issues. Reboot. Lol

I keep forgetting, these new fangled phones are basically little computers... I'll try that out today.

Edit: No, still no luck. I've tried it from Bing, I've tried it from the Smartglass menu. I've tried it so that Kinect can't see me, I've tried it so that it can. I've tried it over wi-fi, I've tried it with a sim card in, I've tried it without. I've tried deleting Smartglass and re-installing it, I've tried clearing the cache on my console, I've tried rebooting my wirelss network. I cannot get this to work, for some unknown reason. And yes, I've rebooted the phone and console multiple times.

Step by step, here's what I'm doing:

I load up the app on my console.

I load up Smartglass on the Samsung Focus (WP7).

I use the in-app Bing search to ge to Kinect Sesame Street and select the play under Smartglass.

I click on the large Interactive Episodes button on the main page of the app once it loads.

I click on Elmozilla, then press the big green play button.

I wait for up to a minute for something to happen, but nothing does.

I load up the episode on the console (streaming), hoping that the app will recognize that something is happening on the console and at least get the photo, again, several minutes later, nothing has happened.

This is really getting irritating, since this and National Geographic are really keeping me from 99% completion rate.

I'm going to try it on one of the other devices that support smartglass in the house, maybe it's my phone. I hope it isn't my console.

Edited by Capn Doug

What happened for me (I didn't need to use Bing) is:

- I first loaded Sesame Street TV on the console.

- Then I loaded Smartglass on my phone (Nokia Lumia 920, W8)

- Smartglass automatically sees that I'm playing the game, and loaded the remote control for it. Meanwhile, on the console it says I'm using Smartglass (it "pops" like an achievement notification)

- On the phone, it now looks like what's on the console. I scrolled to the interactive episodes page, selected Elmozilla, clicked it and the options to play appeared.

- I clicked play.

(The first time, nothing happened. So I turned off and on my phone, re-did the entire process above, and clicked play again).

- Episode loaded and achievement unlocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for the last week, I've been emailing back and forth with Microsoft Support on this whole smartglass issue. What it looks like is that Smartglass is not recognising that anything is currently playing. It recognises that something WAS playing, but not that something IS playing. It won't autoplay from the remote and it won't show anything in the "now playing" menu, even when something is playing on the console. It isn't my phone, since I am having the same issues with smartglass on my mother's iPad and my sister-in-law's iPod Touch. At this point, I'm thinking I should just load the app onto a USB drive and take it to someone else's house to eliminate my modem and my console as possible sources of the issues. Because at this point, those are the only possible sources of my problem.

Biggest pain in the ass 60g I've ever encountered.

• 1 month later...

Two months later, I've found out what the issue is.

Canadian XBox LIVE accounts do not have access to the Smartglass functionality in Sesame Street TV. Nor do several other countries.

So, if you run into the same issues, you will need a device that you can install an American (or British) account on and play with both your tag and this newly created account. It worked for me very instantly after trying with this setup.

Thanks to Deathguard 123 for the tip.