Very Easy Gunning Achievement

Comatose

While trying to get this achievement, on my first try. I discovered a sorta glitch that makes this achievement beyond easy.

What you need to do is do something that will get a strike squad called in on you, When the strike squad comes in Hijack a Helicopter.

Take out the rest of the Strike squad and any remaining helicopters that are gunning for you.

Now ascend/fly up as far as you can go and stay that high.

If a helicopter spawns while you are ascending, while at your full ascent, take it out or wait for it to fly out of range and disappear.

Now when helicopters spawn, a red icon with the picture of a helicopter and an arrow will appear on the screen telling you where an enemy helicopter is.

But because you are so high up, when they spawn, They spawn frozen in the air, they dont move around, and they dont attack.

Just target the chopper and fly close enough into range to take it out and then wait for the next one to spawn and take it out. Rinse/repeat.

Sometimes when the little report that tells you the value of you damage and casualties comes up it takes a few seconds for the next chopper to spawn, Just wait it out and you will have 20 helicopters in no time, like shooting fish in a barrel.

I reset my game just to make sure this was not something that only effected my current session and it still worked.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1- I figured out how to make choppers spawn decently (Start a mission)

2- None of them were frozen , they still tried to shoot me down , took me 2 tries to get the hang of the flying and gunning

3- I believe it does have to be in 1 flight because I just unlocked it at 32 Choppers killed with choppers

As for my first attempts I ended up being killed in 1 shot because my character would damn near destroy the chopper before I managed to hijack it

Anyway , Whats done is done , Achievement Unlocked 10G >.>

I found another way of doing this in which you have infinite missiles (could just be because my Helicopter skill was what it is so I had more ammo not really sure) and they don't fire back at all. The mission where you got to hijack the helicopter and serve as transport helping the soldiers destroy infected. The mission before the bloodtox gas and the super soldiers come. Take the helicopters and follow the mission as instructed till you have to land before the hydras appear and you have to take out like six of them or so. Since it has infinite of the first type missiles and the other helicopters won't even shoot back.

Some will spawn and attack the infected and others higher up will just spawn and fly around. They will be friendly targets since you have some soldiers inside yours you can't lock onto them so it would take a little while longer, but as long as you avoid getting hit by flying debris from the Hydras you shouldn't take any damage at all. Plus it is a great way to take out the water towers for that achievement if you haven't gotten it by then. Just look for a bunch of birds flying around and lock onto whatever you can shoot and unleash hell upon them. Once all is done you should have Gunner done and you can finish up the mission.

This didn't work for me but I found something equally easy. There is an event that you have to take a chopper and shoot down other choppers. Just switch to the guided missiles and fire one at each chopper. I got 18 kills in this event. Leave the event then shoot down to more. It only takes one guided missile so get within a good range, fire, run (of fly in this case).

Edited by Johnny Candles

There is an even easier way.

Go to an event called "Raining Fire", there is a chopper next to it, get in and decline the challenge.

Fly to an event called "Death from Above", on top of that tall building is another chopper.

Get in front of the building and kill the new chopper, lower the altitude to around 20-30 feet above the street and then ascend back to the top and kill it again.

Repeat until you get 20.

It takes 2 shots with the middle missile and 1 with the heatseeker to kill it.

The heli's you kill don't have to be manned :)

Edited by TBS

• 2 weeks later...