Pile 'Um High Achievement

Is there anywhere in-game to see your Taken killed count to see how close you are to 2,000? Or do you basically have to go through story and arcade and just keep playing to get that total up?

I already posted it in the guide without attention. NO there is no tracker. Do this to get your desired achievement (it helped me):

Confirmed by me. Fastest method. It works!

Load up ACT III: UNITED (REPLAY SCENES) and play until you get to the point where you have to "Destroy the dark fountains"! Advance forward and trigger the very first fountain. The Takens will come indefinitely, always in threes (two normal and one big axt/hammer guy). Fire away. If you running low use the Ammo Box nearby, next to the safe haven at the building with the tv inside. The Ammo Box replenish itself every 60 seconds. Make sure you pick up the ASSAULT RIFLE on your way up or the road up the infamous SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN for one shot kills (if you can).

Beware if you "REPLAY SCENES" you only start with a pistol and loose everything you have collected so far (equipment). So it could be a little tough with the two GIANTS in the beginning, but doable.

I used Just Blazes strategy and it works very well. I had every other achievements it still took me over an hour to hit 2000 even farming them though. Seems you don't get that many from the story. Then I managed to get the Arcade mode ones without too many tries so it only added a few hundred.

I would suggest keeping the pistol instead of sawn off though. With the pistol and assault rifle you can just sit back by the van and kill them as soon as they spawn from a distance, then get ammo very quickly.

Do you guys think this method is the easiest/quickest way though?

Wouldn't playing the arcade mode on normal be quicker considering you are going to be facing more then three enemies at a time?

This way is definitely faster. While it is only 3 enemies, they spawn constantly. There is very little time between killing them and them respawning. So it's like a conveyor belt.

Also there are 2 normal enemies one slightly bigger. No hillbilly kings, no grenade guys etc. So they are very easy and quick to take out.

Then there is an ammo box right next to you. So you can burn through ammo and batteries if you want.

I think any speed advantages from arcade mode will be negated by having to wait for waves to start (or on nightmare just struggling to live), having to deal with the special taken, having to dodge enemies, run to get ammo etc.

Even if you used the stair method on Ghost Town on nightmare I think you only get around 70-80 kills per 10 minutes and then have to go through the menus/loading. Whereas I would estimate with this method it would be closer to 90-100 kills per 10minutes with no stopping at all.

If you are good at arcade mode you could probably get over 100 kills in minutes but it's gonna be reasonably stressful lol. This method is easy and relaxing.

This way is definitely faster. While it is only 3 enemies, they spawn constantly. There is very little time between killing them and them respawning. So it's like a conveyor belt.

Also there are 2 normal enemies one slightly bigger. No hillbilly kings, no grenade guys etc. So they are very easy and quick to take out.

Then there is an ammo box right next to you. So you can burn through ammo and batteries if you want.

I think any speed advantages from arcade mode will be negated by having to wait for waves to start (or on nightmare just struggling to live), having to deal with the special taken, having to dodge enemies, run to get ammo etc.

Even if you used the stair method on Ghost Town on nightmare I think you only get around 70-80 kills per 10 minutes and then have to go through the menus/loading. Whereas I would estimate with this method it would be closer to 90-100 kills per 10minutes with no stopping at all.

If you are good at arcade mode you could probably get over 100 kills in minutes but it's gonna be reasonably stressful lol. This method is easy and relaxing.

:whs Cheers! :drunk

Okay, thanks for the response. I will try it this way tonight.

I should add as well something I haven't tested (Maybe Just Blaze has?) is that I don't see any reason why you couldn't actually run up to all the pillars so that all 4 were spawning enemies at a time, then simply run back to near the ammo box. I will test it out later and post back results.

• 3 months later...
I should add as well something I haven't tested (Maybe Just Blaze has?) is that I don't see any reason why you couldn't actually run up to all the pillars so that all 4 were spawning enemies at a time, then simply run back to near the ammo box. I will test it out later and post back results.

Just tested this out and I was able to get up to 6 Taken to spawn at once, but had to run around fairly close to the pillars and then only one set of 3 would spawn if I hung out around the ammo and safe haven light, so you could get it to go a little faster if you're able to wield the sawed-off and assault rifle efficiently together

Edited by Walter B Willis
further testing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...