Hardest Achievement?

Watson bros

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overkill period.

I don't get why Steppin' Razor and Killing Frenzy is so hard. I got Steppin' Razor in Swords on Guardian (Charging in when there's two/three/group of people fighting). I got Killing Frenzy in Slayer on High Ground (Camped on the Spartan Laser place with Sniper/Laser/Carbine/Mauler or Sticks).

I haven't tried getting Mongoose Mowdown. I just want Overkill for Commando Helmet and Ascetic Shoulders. I personally like Elite armors better and there's not of elites.

Most of the multi-player achievements are really easy in non-slayer games: Killing Frenzy, Mongoose Mowdown, Two for One. You know where everyone's going to be, just hang far enough away and don't try for the objective. e.g., in KotH just hang back with a sniper and pick people off until you get enough for Killing Frenzy. It's unlikely anybody will care that you're killing people, because you're losing the game. Same with Two for One, just keep trying until you get two people in the hill together. For Mongoose Mowdown, just cruise around on a non-slayer game hitting people from behind who are running towards the objectives.

The meta-games are ridiculously easier if you play with a friend. It's hard on about half of them for you to both get enough points. But have the player who's the Arbiter play for the points. That way everytime you run out of BR ammo, the player who's Master Chief can suicide and give you a fresh BR. BR's get much easier headshots than Carbines and are effective against all but the pure flood forms.

I found the hardest achievements to be the ones where you need matchmaking to give you a specific setup. i.e., Steppin Razor requires a sword...after my first 3 games, I never saw another Swords gametype, so waiting for a map with a sword is a huge pain. Overkill requires 4 other people to kill, but so many people drop in non-Slayer games that you often don't even have 4 other people in the game.

Beating the first mission. I tried it on Easy so many times and still it took me like 3 hours.

Hehe. I'd say either Steppin' Razor, or maybe Two for One. Steppin' was only hard because I got 1k long before the Swords playlists were introduced. Two for One was quite tricky, but I use the laser a lot (See H3 emblem) so it just happened eventually.

I believe mongoose mowdown isnt that hard!

Just do it on High Ground driving down the hill. I guess I was lucky, but I got it on the first try :o (no joke)

All I need now is 341 (Three for one) and Overkill. Both of them are really hard!