Combat Maps: Tips & Tricks

ZYM

Hey All,

I have read and left many comments for the combat maps, I have completed most of them and I just wanted to throw some info out there:

FREEFLOW PERFECTION:

OK I know everyone has an opinion on this Acheeve, here's mine.

I got this acheeve on intensive treatment extreme, it should be obtainable on the very first round, my attack:

1. Batclaw (:rtbut:)

** hit one of the guys you batclaw **

2. Strike, (:xbut:) that's when you hit the guy(above)

3. Counter (:ybut:)

4. Cape Stun(:bbut:)

5. Evade/Away(:abut::abut:)

6. Batarang (:ltbut:)

7. Takedown/Throw (:xbut:+:abut:, :ybut:+:bbut:)

**at this point I usually evade away and do another batclaw and

do more strikes make sure your above X10 and you should be able

to do the next **

8. Takedown/Throw (:xbut:+:abut:, :ybut:+:bbut:)(whichever you didn't do the first time)

**evade/away and another batclaw **

9. Ground Pound (:rtbut:+:ybut:)

:woop:

Now finishing with the ground pound also gives you a big points boost as whatever you combo reached will be X100.

Special Points you may not know about::confused:

Dark knight bonus - 500

*complete a round without being hit

Perfect Dark Knight bonus - 5000

*complete all 4 rounds without being hit

** that's 7000 total for those;)

Flawless Freeflow - 1000

*completing a round in one freeflow combo

**this can only really be done in the frist and second round

if you can get it in the third or fourth hats off

Freeflow perfection - 5000

* see above, this can be attained in each round

** 20000 for four FP

Varitation bonus - 6 -1000, 7 - 2000, 8 - 3500

TIPS & TRICKS:

1. When going for freeflows if you hit a guy with knives,

your freeflow stops imidiately. He has to be hit with

the Cape Stun or Batclaw first.

2. Guys with the stun batons can only be attacked from

the back, even if they are hit with the Batclaw you will

still be hit till they are on the ground.

3. once you get your pattern down for Freeflow Perfection

you can do it in almost every round, even if you don't hit

9 each time 7 & 8 are still good points

4. If going for points you should just quit and start over round

one if you get hit or your Flawless Freeflow is broken.

Round one is by far the most important round, by getting

those you add 1500 points to an all ready nice score

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs254.snc1/10133_1043366260161_1705762298_91267_7527825_n.jpg

There's nothing worse than getting a KICK-ASS first round score and then pissing it away, like I did on this Intensive Treatment Extreme round . . .:mad:

5. If you Evade jump more than twice AWAY from the opponents your freeflow will end:eek:, as long as your jumping over guys it remains in tact, and can give you a few seconds to re-evaluate.

6. If you hesitate for a second between strikes your freeflow will end:eek:.

7. After performing a Takedown/Throw you have a slightly longer time before your next hit.

I think that's about it for now, I know there are alot of angry post out there talking about how the combat is broken, I have to AGREE 100%, I don't know how many times I went to hit Y for a counter and Batman jumps across the room for a Ground Pound getting me hit or killed, or the number of times Batman will just shoot the batclaw at the wall when your facing directly at opponents.

BUT, people are still getting it done when I first started the combat maps I was completely frustrated after hours of play had the game in the case and was starting an Ebay auction. Then I read some of the posts about just keep practicing and it will come, and it did. I did not have a single combat medal acheeve or the X40 acheeve, or Freeflow Perfection then gave it another try and now I only have the 24 combat medal acheeve and 100% game, and I'll get them.

There may have been one or two other things

that I can't think of at the moment . . .:omg

I hope this post helps some people and they get the hang of it,

:boom:locked

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks for the tips, I've been spending a lot of time on these. The combat system doesn't seem to be that flawed to me, incredibly hard yes, but I don't think flawed. My timing is what is flawed. The only thing I hate is when I have one guy left and very far away ripping something off the wall so I lose my freeflow combo. Fortunately the game is fun and I'm enjoying the challenge otherwise I would probably just give up. 1k here I come. Again thanks for the tips, they will definitely be helpful.

Read another thread about getting past the fourth level of shock and awe extreme, where you jump to an upper level and batclaw guys as they climb the rail and it is an instant KO and I tried it and either my timing was off or it didn't work.

Anyone else have luck with that?

Can't say I've heard of that one but what might be easier for Shock and Awe Extreme is to climb the right platform where the gun cabinet is and lay some explosive gel. As thugs run toward you they'll detonate the gel. Some will ring out, some will instantly get KO'd and the rest will be injured, requiring less damage to be inflicted.

That sounds like a plan, I have three medals left and shock and awe extreme is one.

The other two I am waiting on cuz they shouldn't be so bad getting 50k it's that dang time limit that gets me everytime on round four . . .

By the way for those of you that didn't know your left over time goes to the next round on shock and awe . . .

THANKS!

Flawless Freeflow - 1000

*completing a round in one freeflow combo

**this can only really be done in the frist and second round

if you can get it in the third or fourth hats off

Freeflow perfection - 5000

* see above, this can be attained in each round

** 20000 for four FP

Sorry, mate, can you clarify this again for me.... You get 1000 for completing a round in 1 combo, and 20,000 for doing all 4 rounds likewise. So whats the 5000 freeflow perfection?

Sorry, mate, can you clarify this again for me.... You get 1000 for completing a round in 1 combo, and 20,000 for doing all 4 rounds likewise. So whats the 5000 freeflow perfection?

Freeflow perfection is doing all batmans moves in one fluid combo

AA

X

B

Y

Y+RT

Quick RT

Quick LT

A+X

Y+B

And on a sidenote, im getting SO pissed off with these combat challenges. Ive come a long way from when i started, and can manage to do a perfect combo 1st round on the ones i have left (SA, SB:E, RITJ:E, SA:E) only to tank in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ive come so close im about ready to give up.

-29,xxx something on shock and awe

-nowhere near 50k on sewer bat

-rumble in the jungle pisses me off the most, ive gotten 47k some 8 times, and even have gotten up to a 39 combo going (still need the 40 combo achievement) by doing the jump back and forth-titan thing, only to get shot by a douche with a gun

I wish i woulda played the game first on hard too so i didnt have to go through it all over again too and could just mail this bastard back (even though I LOVE the game!)

Edited by thenixhex311

The best thing to do with the guys with guns or guys that are lifting boxes to throw at you, is to either Batclaw them or hit them with a Batarang. Both of which can be done pretty far away and will knock down the thug which means they lose their weapons.

I can also help with the guys with the stun batons, but you then need to aim for someone else afterwards or you lose your combo.

The other thing to point out the batclaw leaves you vulnerable, very vulnerable infact, so try to get away from all the thugs before you use it. But I would still recommend launching a batclaw to get the gun out of the thugs hands and then losing a combo because you get hit, versus keeping the combo going but the the thug still has the gun. Because chances are you are going to lose the combo by the thug shooting you anyways.

The best time to use the batclaw is when there are 4 or fewer thugs, evade over one and then do the ground takedown (LT+Y), rise and repeat with the other couple of thugs. A quick way to dispatch the thugs and get a lot of bonus points.

Freeflow perfection is doing all batmans moves in one fluid combo

AA

X

B

Y

Y+RT

Quick RT

Quick LT

A+X

Y+B

And on a sidenote, im getting SO pissed off with these combat challenges. Ive come a long way from when i started, and can manage to do a perfect combo 1st round on the ones i have left (SA, SB:E, RITJ:E, SA:E) only to tank in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ive come so close im about ready to give up.

-29,xxx something on shock and awe

-nowhere near 50k on sewer bat

-rumble in the jungle pisses me off the most, ive gotten 47k some 8 times, and even have gotten up to a 39 combo going (still need the 40 combo achievement) by doing the jump back and forth-titan thing, only to get shot by a douche with a gun

I wish i woulda played the game first on hard too so i didnt have to go through it all over again too and could just mail this bastard back (even though I LOVE the game!)

Yeah, my bad. I've actually got that chieve, but didn't link the dots.

I'm having a bit of trouble, too. A lot seems dependant on getting mega-variations, and taking no damage. Completing rounds in one smooth combo is too frustrating on the later rounds.

Quick question: Whats the best way to set the last guy up for a ground-takedown to really maximise the combo? I've tried the batarang, but its seems to KO more often. Any idea if you can keep the combo if you Batclaw the last henchman and let him fall to the floor?

Nix-- It probably isn't much help, but for a x40 combo, just find a challenge with a load of guys and no knife/taser weilders, and just continuously bounce with the critical strikes. I've done it 2 times now. I actually got the ach. in the final battle when the Joker drops down the 3rd lot of henchmen. Theres about 20 of 'em, and no knife-guys like in the 2nd wave he drops.

Edited by Flameswordsman
Jesus made me.

The 1000 points is for defeating all enemies in one fluid freeflow you don't have to do everyone of Batman's move to get this,

the freeflow perfection is the same but includining all of Batman's combos but once all of his combos are complete you don't have to continue with the freeflow, that's 5000 . . .

The 20000 is if you could get freeflow perfection in all 4 rounds . . .

I have since given up on this game,

two acheeves short (24combat medals, 100%) don't have the time to commit to this game anymore and I notice that if I don't play for a day or two I loose my timing all together . . .

Congrats to those that have 1000GS

Quick question: Whats the best way to set the last guy up for a ground-takedown to really maximise the combo? I've tried the batarang, but its seems to KO more often. Any idea if you can keep the combo if you Batclaw the last henchman and let him fall to the floor?

I've found that using the Batclaw to pull them towards you, then Evading over them as they stumble forwards is the easiest. As long as they've previously taken some damage, it knocks them to the ground, and does very little (no?) damage, making it easy to get the x100 combo bonus.

how do you do the takedown / throw ?

i get the critcal or combo up enough the hint pops on screen to press x+a or Y+B , yet i never pull one off, do you press both buttons together at same time, or is it press Y then B very quickly? (like a ground pound)?, or maybe im just to far away when i try it, then get hit and lose it?

how do you do the takedown / throw ?

i get the critcal or combo up enough the hint pops on screen to press x+a or Y+B , yet i never pull one off, do you press both buttons together at same time, or is it press Y then B very quickly? (like a ground pound)?, or maybe im just to far away when i try it, then get hit and lose it?

You usualy get it at every 5 combo moves( if you have that upgrade unlocked otherwise it is at 8 moves) and you can do either move, it will show the buttons on screen when it's avaiable, and I think your multiplyer score turns yellow if it's available.

But if your freeflow is broken then it's gone . . .