Cheaters online?

Reggiez

After having looked around on this board and not finding any answer to my question I thought I would just create a thread for this.

Now, I bought Blur just a little while ago and I am enjoying it quite a lot. However the multiplayer is as frustrating as it is also sometimes good fun. One thing that I have seen numerous times and that I am getting extremely sick of is cars that are defying the laws of physics.

I don't know how many times I have seen cars magically vanishing and then popping into existence again with a healthy lead. In my last race I was in the lead four or five times and every time that happened the car that was behind me materialised out of thin air ahead of me again. There is also a lot of cars that are jerking around and then driving through solid objects and of the track only to appear again in front of you.

Now my question is as follows. Are these gamers cheating or has this all to do with terrible connections? if it is cheating then it really is a game breaking glitch they have found. If it is just bad connections then it is equally as game breaking but would at least not annoy me as much.

Would really like to know some more about this. :)

I've had the game since release and have seen the 'flying cars' many times, but it doesn't happen very often. That is attributed to poor connections than anything else. And I agree 100%; it's very annoying.

Ran into one of those types tonight while playing. Think he was boosting since there were a couple of the same racers in every race, but were idle. This guy was flying from behind and appearing in first place out of nowhere, it seemed. Didn't bother me much since I was finishing in the top 3 and not many others in the room. When more folks started appearing, he didn't finish in first quite as often. I even finished first once with him in the room.

But if you want to see the real cheaters of the game, check the legends leaderboards. Everyone who has 0 as their time to legend status used an exploit. Those GT's have since been banned and I think the exploit fixed, but I'm not sure.

It's based on 2 things.

1: Very bad connections: Either a poor ISP or due to the fact that the said person is in the us and you are in the uk/etc.

2: A horrible router: It happened with me, it showed me playing good, but people said I was flying everywhere and stuff, so i played straight from the modem and the problem was solved.

I don't know if its cheating or just unsporting, but in the driving school lobby which is restricted supposedly to rank 1 to 10 was a guy ranked 32! He was winning every race in a car which you don't unlock until at least rank 15.

How is it possible to get used to a game that I have recently bought when someone is exploiting new people inexperience like that??

I don't know if its cheating or just unsporting, but in the driving school lobby which is restricted supposedly to rank 1 to 10 was a guy ranked 32! He was winning every race in a car which you don't unlock until at least rank 15.

How is it possible to get used to a game that I have recently bought when someone is exploiting new people inexperience like that??

They get via invite,

Would also like to add how on earth people are hitting me with power ups before the power up boxes are even showing yet at race start ,

• 1 month later...

Interestingly, I went through a race thinking I had cheated without knowing.

I had the same car as a few other races but went twice as fast right from the start. I went from start to finish without getting overtaken. Now im either really good, or there was something weird going on. Im hoping for the former but I know it's the later. Either way im not complaining.