What game brought you to the Xbox brand?

Stormy2k

I have played many consoles in my time and some I brought just because of the titles that the brand offered.

I remember buying a PS1 just for Crash Bandicoot back in the day and the Gamecube at launch just because of Rouge Squadron 2. And a PS2, well that was for GTAIII.

But back in the previous gen my main console was the Xbox. The brand won me over from my PS2 and Gamecube.

I remember my mate bringing his Xbox into school and popping over his house to play it. I didn't dig Halo, I found it was all nice graphics but a boring FPS, but I loved Rainbow Six and was so impressed, but then I saw him play Splinter Cell, and that game just blew me away.

Fresh, innovative and fun, I'd never seen anything like it. Gone was the bad controls and camera from MGS, this was the nuts.

All because of this one game, I knew I needed an Xbox, it looked amazing.

So my first Xbox purchase was a bundle pack with Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and PGR2.

Splinter Cell brought me to the Xbox, and made it my main brand, and I didn't hesitate getting the 360 because the games for the Xbox were phenomenal.

So, what games brought you to the Xbox/Microsoft family?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo Combat Evolved on the original xbox

It's the only console I ever bought on it's release, I wasn't sure between the xbox or the gamecube (for rogue squadron 2) but all the videos and trailers I saw from Halo made me buy it, and I do not regret that choice lol.

I bought a gamecube years later just for resident evil 4 and Metroid prime!

I'm not a full convert as I get both Nintendo and Microsoft consoles and games, but the game that really sold me on the xbox brand was Star Wars Battlefront. I just had loads of fun on it. And while it had a PS2 release, I simply cannot stand playstation controllers; They are just too uncomfortable to hold.

For the 360, it was Perfect Dark Zero. While quite mediocre to today's standards, it still made for fun multiplayer.

Funny story with how I got started with the 360 though: One of my friends brought his brand new system over and we had a blast with it. He then told me that I could keep it at my house. Confused, I asked why. Apparently, his mom had gotten into a "video games are the devil" mood and would completely flip if she saw it, so he had purchased it in secret and my house made for the perfect hiding spot. Needless to say, I was fine with that arrangement. After only a few months I had a much larger 360 game library than my friend despite not actually owning a console. I didn't get one myself until the Halo 3 edition was released.

Halo 3

Got my xbox a few months before Halo 3 came out. Its also the reason why I got my first job, was so I could pay for the 360 and Halo 3.

Good man.:woop:

3 exclusives came to mind about my transistion to 360 after my PS3 had a funeral :p

''Gears of war'' ''Left 4 Dead'' ''Deadrising (1) ''

tbh, I was sold the second the original Xbox was just a rumor, but Munch, Project Gotham 1 and Dead or Alive sealed the deal for me. I've always been a fan of MS generally. Plus despite loving PSone, I was still salty over Dreamcast's demise so I was happy to jump ship from PS2 (though I still had one, I mean as my main multiplat system).

Gears of War.

The Mad World trailer.

Was one of the greatest trailers i'd ever seen back at the time. I bought both the xbox and the game that very next day, and there endeth my PC gaming days.

Oh man, I keep meaning to look that video up. I never remember when I'm on the computer. That's the kind of stuff I'm missing with games now, that feels like a lifetime ago. Back before we knew what Gears even was...so great.

Edit: Here it is...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AFlHsXc3w]Gears Of War (Mad World) commercial (HD) - YouTube[/ame]