Do my eyes decieve me?

SN1P3RSTU113

R.I.P.

Call of Duty

2003-2011

But MW2 was released in 2009 :confused:

I probably wont bother getting it like i never bothered getting black ops, I guess atleast if they do this then hopfully they wont be bringing out a New Cod every year and the internet wont be cluttered with LOADS Of hype before the relese then LOADS Of dissapointment after the release every year.

But MW2 was released in 2009 :confused:

I probably wont bother getting it like i never bothered getting black ops, I guess atleast if they do this then hopfully they wont be bringing out a New Cod every year and the internet wont be cluttered with LOADS Of hype before the relese then LOADS Of dissapointment after the release every year.

What does MW2 have to do with this?

"Infinity Ward has started work on a massively multiplayer online game, possibly set in the Call of Duty universe, it's been reported."

I taught Infinity Ward had split?

A lot of the devs have left to form Respawn, but the company itself is well and truly alive. They just need to replace their lost staff with new ones.

I heard of this but never thought they would be dumb enough to do it....

I do not think that it's a dumb move at all.

When it comes to developing and publishing MMOs, Activision is the perfect company to do the job. Activision developed and published the most successful MMO out there. World of Warcraft. Which as of 2010 has 12 million users, which I admit, is a little less than half of the userbase of Xbox live (including silver members), which is currently at around 30 millions users. However, World of Warcraft's userbase is for World of Warcraft only, which I personally find a bit more impressive.

Now, the fact that they are trying to make some kind of Modern Warfare MMO makes me think that this is supposed to the Call of Duty community, or any other Modern Warfare based FPS. Which makes me think that they're trying to get MMOs to appeal to a bigger audience, and with Call of Duty being the Xbox's biggest franchise, they've decided to base it on that.

So for Activision I can see this going two ways:

1) This game appeals to people that are currently playing MMOs like World of Warcraft, so they buy it.

2) Call of Duty or any FPS fans decide to give it a go, get hooked and go and buy them self Cataclysm, and a subscription.

Either way I see Activision making BIG profits from this. I'm not a fan of MMOs, but I'll see how this fares out.

As for people thinking that this will butcher the Call of Duty franchise. There was no such detail as if it would replace the Call of Duty franchise. As I'm guessing that they'll run this new interpretation of the franchise along with the FPS series.

Erm, no they didn't. Blizzard did. Activision had fuck all to do with WoW, they just came in years later and bought Blizzard's parent company.

I wasn't aware that they bought Blizzard, I just thought it was a branch of Activision. But yes, looking into it further, Activision did not have anything to do with either the developing or publishing of the franchise.

Though that wasn't my main point, which I should have given some more examples to make it clearer. Activision is probably the best company out there a advertising video games. Two great examples of this are Call of Duty, Guitar Hero.

Activision did NOT develop WOW.

If you learned to read, you would've already noticed that this issue has been brought up and he corrected himself. Fail...

Back to topic, I honestly don't see how this could be a good thing. Look at other MMO's. WoW, Runescape. How can they make a Call of Duty MMO? I just don't see the possibility. Hey clan! Let's go do a quest to save the Colonel! But what class should I be? WTF! This doesn't work for CoD.

He means only infinity ward games

I wouldnt mind this (if they did it right) If I could plug in my 360 controller into the computer >.>

There are attachments that allow you to do this. I honestly think they're just developing it in order to get a long term cash stream for all the yearly CoD games they plan on releasing. You have millions of prepubescent kids just waiting to yell at other paid subscribers about how bad their drop shot is. It's finally time to milk them for all they are worth. :woop: