Multiplayer achievements.. Ranked only??

Ive been playing this for awhile online now and just noticed that the status bar for the xxx kills and xxx wins isnt moving atall! However... i played 3 ranked matches and the kill count started to move!

Can anyone else confirm that the multiplayer achievements HAVE to be in Ranked as the Guide doesnt mention it.

(Or im being thick and didnt see it!)

Thanks people

that, to me, doesn't really make any sense, considering I tried to play a ranked game last night and there weren't any available, so I have no idea how they can be ranked.

also considering the achievement itself does not say ranked, it just says (multiplayer) next to the kills thingy

I don't get it... where do you see how many kills you've gotten?

From the main menu, go to Achievements and then scroll down to the 2000 kills achievement. There is a green bar at the bottom of the screen and it will slowly fill in black with every kill you get. There isn't any place to check the exact number, just follow the bar to know.

And yes it is CONFIRMED that you can only get these in ranked matches. Several of us tried it the other day.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have emailed the company and got the reply "Yes, the achievements for Multiplayer are Ranked only because we wanted people to feel our game as competitive. We wanted a sniper version of Call of Duty or Medal of Honor. We understand that we didn't achieve that as well as we wanted so look to our next game. Thanks for playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior"

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...