Gun Nut Achievement

Bennieficial

I just beat the game and haven't killed with 10 different firearms yet. Looking over the guide, I'm assuming that I'm probably missing guns w/ no Taclights (even though I'm pretty sure I picked some of those up along the way). But everytime I go to revisit missions that the achievement guide says, I only find guns with Taclights. Any ideas on where to find them without Taclights?? Or where guns that the guide lists without a location can be found (such as the Gold .45 Cal smg)? And I already have gotten the pump action shotgun out of the police trunk. This is my last achievement for the full 1000

Hi, Just a quick simple question, about replaying mission's for the Gun kills or Melee kills,

do you need to finish the Mission to the end or can you just quit during the mission, after you killed with the gun or gun's etc, that you are looking for?

Thanks....

EDIT.. I have now got the Achievements for Melee & Gun kills......

Edited by DjBatfink

All right, I've got a bit of a problem with this... I KNOW I've used all of the 10 weapons shown in that vid, but I still don't got it. And I can't find any of the other weapons! I've played Civil Disturbance several times, but I still can't find a Riot Shotgun without Tac-Light, and I've searched every enemy in the Bam-Bam Club during Meet The New Boss without finding a Silver .50 Cal.

Help, please! I can only assume that one of the 10 weapons didn't count, and that I need an 11th or 12th - there are 15 weapons, supposedly, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem... but where ARE they?!?

EDIT: Well, it's bugged all right. I found the 'Weapons Stats'. It's got listed kills for 12 of the 15 weapons, and yet no achievement. The only weapons I haven't killed with are the plain Anti-Riot Shotgun, the plain .45 SMG, and the Gold .45 SMG. I dunno if scoring kills with any of those will fix the broken achievement, though... :(

Edited by BlackDragon

• 11 months later...
For those missing guns, just redo Civil Discord. You'll get the Anti-Riot Guns (both of them), the Assault Rifle (non Tac-Light) and the grenade launcher. Got my Gun Nut achievement without even trying.

The Funeral also gives you the grenade launcher.

Funny. I just did the entire Civil Discord mission, looked everywhere, and not once did I see the anti-riot gun without the taclight. Just the one I need. *sigh*

Edit: I just got it by replaying the mission "meet the new boss". I needed the .50 cal silver pistol. The game was just calling it the .50 cal pistol when I picked it up, but I got a kill with it, and achievement unlocked.

Edited by KillrNut

• 9 months later...