running the show the even faster way...

random mr x

along with my boosting partner i have worked out how to get running the show for 2 people from the lowest rank in 18 hours maximum.

these are the settings needed.

1v1 deathmatch

1 player(the attacker) as the prophet of regret

1 player(the builder) as anders

when the game starts if there are supply pads on the map get the builder to build a barracks as the first building then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the barracks is built build enough units to garrison inside the supply pads but dont send them yet.

during this time the attacker should build a temple first then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the prophet comes out attack the first base build a citadel on it and go to your original base build a scareb when the population goes up, then self destruct the base you just claimed. go to all other bases and kill them amnd the enemy and also kill the enemy at the supply pads.

communicate which additional bases are clear as they become clear for the builder to get there new bases built and when to garrison his troops in the supply pads

the above steps take as little as 6 minutes to have your scareb built and have all bases ready.

at around 9-10 minutes you can start attacking when the builder' resources are around 20k, position the scareb so that it destroys 2 or 3 buildings on the base and get the builder to constantly replace these with barracks, air pads or vehicle depots they all cost 150 each so any are fine.(i understand that the other method requires only 40k resources and this requires 60k but you gather supllies much faster in this method, and your prophet doesnt need to have resources to attack as he doesnt need to) althought your prophet doesnt need to attack you can get him to just to help your scareb get a line of sight on the buildings or position a ghost there eiher is fine.

as your score gets to 3700 have the builder un-garrison his troops send them to you and kill them also have him self destruct the other bases he has built on you get 100 points for every completly built base that is self destrctes so as the are always 3 for the builder at a minimum this will take you to 4000 points, if not build a couple more buildings at the base and destroy them.

this takes 26 minutes maximum the same as the fastest way of doing the other method and our personal best for a game was 20minutes 25 seconds im sure you will agree much quicker over the course of the amount of games you actually need to play to get the total 960,000.

credit also goes to olegwashere who assisted me in finding this method and tweaking it

• 5 weeks later...

Man I'm not gonna lie to you but I stopped reading after the first paragraph. I have yet to get the game but I will borrow it from a friend this weekend. Idk if I should actually play it. Just reading (attempting to) your post got me distraught. Is this game quick to learn/ pick up? How long will it take to 1000/1000 the game? Because it's 18 hour for one achievement lol so I can only imagine story mode.

Yeah I will. My GT is "Richters Shadow" if you want to do it. I'm boosting Blood Stone for a lot of this weekend, but all nights (bar this Friday) and any subsequent weekends will be alright. Despite it being boring as sin, id want to hammer it out as quickly as possible!

Actually, this weekend we are finishing Blood Stone boosting at 6pm (GMT) which I think is about 1pm your time? Could probably do 6-7 hrs saturday night and probably about 3 hrs on sunday night!

Edited by Richters Shadow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

awesome method man, its been working great! I did come up with a tweak of my own. instead of waiting for the Scarab, weve been building 2-4 Locusts (usually 3).

why locusts? since locusts are cheaper (~300) you can attain them sooner, so the attacker doesnt need to take over a base to get more money. so in short: the attacker only requires the original base.

3 locusts can destroy the supply pads just as quickly as 1 scarab (and the major factor controlling time is really how fast the worker can rebuild the supply pads).

after you get the locusts, destroy the factory and build another supply pad. However, in all honesty you dont need any more money at this point, you could alternatively built a summit (airport) and build an engineer to put over the base which will be attacked so the locusts have an easier time seeing the supply pads since they can attack farther than they can see (engineer not not necessary).

next, send the locusts to all the rebel bases to clear them out for the builder.

when you are ready, have the locusts as far away to one side of the base, and have them inch toward the supply pads. if you get them too close to the base they will automatically aim for the fortress, so youll have to fine tune their distance. if you do it right, then they will be on autopilot and the attacker wont have to do anything! we are finishing around 30 minutes, but there is definite room for improvement.

along with my boosting partner i have worked out how to get running the show for 2 people from the lowest rank in 18 hours maximum.

these are the settings needed.

1v1 deathmatch

1 player(the attacker) as the prophet of regret

1 player(the builder) as anders

when the game starts if there are supply pads on the map get the builder to build a barracks as the first building then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the barracks is built build enough units to garrison inside the supply pads but dont send them yet.

during this time the attacker should build a temple first then supply pads on the rest of the base as soon as the prophet comes out attack the first base build a citadel on it and go to your original base build a scareb when the population goes up, then self destruct the base you just claimed. go to all other bases and kill them amnd the enemy and also kill the enemy at the supply pads.

communicate which additional bases are clear as they become clear for the builder to get there new bases built and when to garrison his troops in the supply pads

the above steps take as little as 6 minutes to have your scareb built and have all bases ready.

at around 9-10 minutes you can start attacking when the builder' resources are around 20k, position the scareb so that it destroys 2 or 3 buildings on the base and get the builder to constantly replace these with barracks, air pads or vehicle depots they all cost 150 each so any are fine.(i understand that the other method requires only 40k resources and this requires 60k but you gather supllies much faster in this method, and your prophet doesnt need to have resources to attack as he doesnt need to) althought your prophet doesnt need to attack you can get him to just to help your scareb get a line of sight on the buildings or position a ghost there eiher is fine.

as your score gets to 3700 have the builder un-garrison his troops send them to you and kill them also have him self destruct the other bases he has built on you get 100 points for every completly built base that is self destrctes so as the are always 3 for the builder at a minimum this will take you to 4000 points, if not build a couple more buildings at the base and destroy them.

this takes 26 minutes maximum the same as the fastest way of doing the other method and our personal best for a game was 20minutes 25 seconds im sure you will agree much quicker over the course of the amount of games you actually need to play to get the total 960,000.

credit also goes to olegwashere who assisted me in finding this method and tweaking it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How do you boost in deathmatch? keep retrying until you get matched up?

prefer eachother is a help, plus this game doesnt have a fan base anymore so its pretty easy. Originaly it was "Keep Away" you had to boost on but ive switched to deathmatch or a combination of the two.

Dont want to gloat but ive been doing the scarab thing for a while now before i read this. just got so bored of playing that i still dont have the achievement.

But props on the strategy, it does work. 25-30 mins a game. Only sucky thing is when you boost with a random person you have to switch back and forth and thats about 50-60 games total to get the chievo. Its worth it though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I want this so bad, but I don't have the time like I used to. Maybe during the summer I can jump on and play with somebody. I will definitely be aiming for 100% this summer. Halo Wars is such a fun game. This method seems like it works well from what I have seen. This achievement is definitely intimidating, but I am sure it is well worth it after all the hard work. Thanks for the tips!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...