Oblivion Walker Q+A guide (Work in Progress)

Lo5e

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to kill the bandits in Boethiah’s Calling? I can not seem to make it through without alerting someone, so I reload the checkpoint...........over and over and over *sigh* Does it even matter if I alert them?

I don't think it matters if i remember correctly do it on another save then if it's wrong you can go back

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to kill the bandits in Boethiah’s Calling? I can not seem to make it through without alerting someone, so I reload the checkpoint...........over and over and over *sigh* Does it even matter if I alert them?

It doesn't matter at all although it is much easier when sneaking, if yoyu cant do that dont worry go in and kill everything.

Regarding my previous post, I finally found him today in Candlehearth hall in Windhelm, Thanks for the tip on the subtitles, that was helpful anyway because I always play with music on.

• 1 month later...

For the quest where you need to find the guy in the bar for a drinking contest after you turn level 14..

Well, I didn't know about this and I'm level 41 now. Obviously I can't remember where I turned 14 so is there a list of taverns where the guy might be? I've been to all the ones I can think of and haven't been able to find him.

Well I think I've cocked this achievement right up.

I'm at the end of my game with nothing needed but this last achievement. I've been working my way through the daedric quests and only have 3 more left to do.

I'm trying to start 'A Daedras best friend' but when I enter falkreath and went to talk with Lod I find him dead!! I can't remember killing him but to be honest I could have done ages ago. Is their any other way to start this quest? I've tried looking around for the dog but no luck.

Azura's Star will only hold white souls (animals and creatures) and the Black Star will only hold black souls (humanoids)

Both are daedric.

The Black Star will actually hold both white and black souls (even though you're told it will only hold black). So for obvious reason's I'd suggest getting the black star.

Nice Q+A guide, but... font is so big it makes my eyes hurt. I realize this is probably to emphasize importance to avoid multiple threads, but still, just sayin'... huge font doesn't show up in search, make it sticky, or prevent people from creating new threads asking for answers discussed here.

Please make it more readable, I suggest just Bolding the question (Q: Who What Where Why?)and Italicizing the answers (A: Them, that, there, just because).

Should be stickied, at least it's linked in Method's Encyclopedia Skyrim Thread.

Cheers for the pointers ill try update the font etc when i get time, not been on in a while

Just got Dark Souls it's going to make me break the disc in half :)

This should be stickied or linked to the FAQ.

I was about to post a few questions about this achievement and almost missed this because it was at the bottom of the page.

All my questions were answered. Now I just hope none of these quests glitch on me.

Thanks :) i thought it would have been stickied by now as well

Updated:

The font has been made smaller

I will work on including how to activate the quests hard to do this when i havn't played the game in a few months though will have to get back into it to include spot on information

Well I think I've cocked this achievement right up.

I'm at the end of my game with nothing needed but this last achievement. I've been working my way through the daedric quests and only have 3 more left to do.

I'm trying to start 'A Daedras best friend' but when I enter falkreath and went to talk with Lod I find him dead!! I can't remember killing him but to be honest I could have done ages ago. Is their any other way to start this quest? I've tried looking around for the dog but no luck.

You have to talk to the guard when you first enter falkreath if i remember if you havn't done this then the dog won't appear i don't think, once you see the dog you can just fast travel to the location though as the dog is terrible at guiding you

For the quest where you need to find the guy in the bar for a drinking contest after you turn level 14..

Well, I didn't know about this and I'm level 41 now. Obviously I can't remember where I turned 14 so is there a list of taverns where the guy might be? I've been to all the ones I can think of and haven't been able to find him.

Sorry for the 4 posts in a row just helping people out

It's entirely random just keep checking them all you will find sam eventually

Tip: Put subtitles on you might not see him but will know if he's in the room when he speaks to you

Edited by Shinobi273

Excellent guide. Thanks, OP.

I just want to add that it's also possible to F-up the Malacath quest. If the attacking giant kills the orc you're supposed to talk to outside Largashbur, you'll be permanently locked out. Happened to me and I didn't realize its importance until much later. But I haven't done Hircine yet and I don't think I've missed any other artifacts, so maybe I'll still get it.

I hate this f#@king stupid Chev! I didn't see you shouldn't destroy the Skull of Corruption until now, level 53 and 150 hours in ,Game finished, 970Gs and now i have to go back a 100 hours and start this again!

If you're going to make choices that affect the ability to get an Achievement you should be told because going back all this way is an easy way to piss me off Bethseda!

Excellent guide. Thanks, OP.

I just want to add that it's also possible to F-up the Malacath quest. If the attacking giant kills the orc you're supposed to talk to outside Largashbur, you'll be permanently locked out. Happened to me and I didn't realize its importance until much later. But I haven't done Hircine yet and I don't think I've missed any other artifacts, so maybe I'll still get it.

You will still get the achievement as long as you exploit the one where you can get 2

Also iv'e read about people jumping over the wall and getting into Malacath? take a look on youtube there may be a video on how to glitch jump over

Great new look man! I especially looking forward to knowing what unlocks the different quests... as much as I've noticed they all start out under Miscellaneous until you fully trigger the quest, such as the seemingly random guard asking "did you see a dog?" .....ummmm.... there were a bunch of wolves....

...bout 100 hrs of random guild quest hunting & discovering, bout halfway through Oblivion Walker with no miss-steps [that i know of] so far, I notice a Misc objective "Talk to Lod" ooooooohhhhh you want me to find THAT dog ? Yeah, I remember never seeing a dog 100 hours ago? sure. which kicked off "Daedra's Best Friend"...

...or the seemingly stuck "Talk to Deggaine" wouldn't go away and he wouldn't take any other Dibella Statue I had in my inventory, He wanted the one from Markarth's Temple, finally snuck in & out on a random trip back through the town when my sneak was way higher than before to give him that one, then went back in to get caught to trigger "Heart of Dibella", but there's one that's got me worried i hope its not a daedra glitched quest kickoff... like I've heard Lod can be dead by a dragon you never saw or fought? :eek:

I'm supposed to "Go to Arivanya in Windhelm and pick up the item". She the "show on map" is greyed out only for this quest, can activate it but NO location arrow ^ Through searching here and the wiki's I've gathered she is a possible victim of the Butcher in Windhelm even though I shot the Butcher with an arrow in time to save some other girl in the market, no idea what the item is, only that she's probably dead. If its just a random miscellaneous 50 [Hero of the People] no worries I have 180 but please tell me if it's nothing or does this mean my Oblivion Walker is screwed this run

dammit, i've done all the quests but killed eola and cant do that one so i got both artifacts from hercine quest and had 1 left which is sanguine's rose and its glitched. i do the drinking game with sam guevenne and nothing happens, no blackout or anything. i cant believe there are so many glitches in this game. i've got no saves earlier enough so i'll leave it and wait for a patch.

Also iv'e read about people jumping over the wall and getting into Malacath? take a look on youtube there may be a video on how to glitch jump over

Thanks, I did find one and will try tonight. At least Skyrim's bugs aren't all bad.

Boethiah's giving me trouble too. Hit the bug where I can't start the conversation with her. Read the wiki on it and hopefully one of the workarounds there will suffice. If not I *think* I can scrape by with both from Hircine.

It may be aggravating at times, but this is still the best game I've ever payed $60 to beta test.